fracisco

Reaction score
Handicap
I was out in Sedona last week with my family and my sister's family. The weather was fantastic (low 80's with low humidity). My brother in law and I got the opportunity to get out and play golf on Memorial Day, and got around in an easy 3:30.

We played at Sedona Golf Resort with a midday tee time 50% off thanks to golfnow.com. The front 9 was a friendly track and the back nine had much narrower tee boxes to get to the fairway. A number of holes made you consider going for it vs laying up due to bunker/barranca placement. The first green was a mess, which had us concerned that our deal was due to poor course conditions, but they got much better after that. I've been playing shorter courses the past few months, so I was concerned about my driver play, but it came through with straight, if not the longest drives.

The course overall was fun to play, and not a walk over. We spoke with some folks that played the other two courses in Sedona. They said that Oak Creek CC had softer, whiter sand, and that Seven Canyons was an amazing course. Seven Canyons went into receivership last Spring, and reports that I found online were hit or miss when it came to course preparedness. I was hoping to get onto one of the two three pars in town, but there was not enough time between our other family activities.

Last edited:
That's awesome

I enjoyed that course but thought it to be overpriced. But I guess all of them are around there.

IMG_0178.JPG

I enjoyed that course but thought it to be overpriced. But I guess all of them are around there.

Great picture, I have one similar. We paid $45 with cart, and combined with the empty course, we were happy. I agree that it is not a $90/round course (full rate).

Back