Selecting a wedge in the dead of winter?

AVClubhouse

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got fitted for new irons and will be doing my wedges. However, I want to make sure I select the proper bounce. My irons will consist of APEX irons with Aerotech SteelFiber shafts. The wedges are next and I would like to stick with the Titliest Vokey SM wedges. I would appreciate any input on how to determine the best bounce. I play mostly in the Chicagoland area.

I would wait and find a demo day. No hurry anyway. You cannot fit a wedge on the internet or hitting into a net imo. I've got a wedge set that I know outperforms in one situation (spin on pitch shots), but I'll have to see the full story before they make it in the bag.

Wedges are like putters, a very personal thing. You need to try a number of them out.

I think Hopkins has an online tool which helps you figure it out. Obviously they'd prefer you to buy their wedges, but I don't see any reason the service wouldn't apply to other brands. Personally, I have come to prefer the variable sole technologies which eliminate this stuff.

Back