Senior Golf Club Sets

tomharris

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm thinking about buying a set of senior clubs. One of the sets recommended is the Tour Edge Hot Launch. Anybody familiar? Other recommendations? I don't need a "top of the line", expensive set...

Thanks!

First off - welcome to THP!

I am not familiar with that particular set but will share some thoughts. As most will say here the best thing is to try and swing/hit balls with as many clubs as you can - try local sporting goods stores, course pro shops, etc. If you want to stay under $500 and don't mind used clubs there are lots of options: checkout callawaypreowned.com for the XR OS or Big Bertha irons - they run sales often on their site. Then of course there is ebay (or online retailers who sell used like 3balls.com or globalgolf.com) where you could find something used in the Ping G series (G20, G25, G30). If you decide on the Hot Launches I believe budgetgolf.com sells them and you can use the THP 15% coupon code. If you do have to buy before you have the chance to hit them just make sure there is a good return or replacement policy in case they don't fit you well. You don't want to be stuck with a set that doesn't fit. Most places have a policy where you can return or get full credit to apply to another set (e.g. within 30 days).

Good luck!

That Tour Edge Hot Launch 2 set is really good for the dollar spent.

Don't know about senior sets, but I do know that callawaypreowned is having their summer double dong warehouse sale -- announced today.

Warehouse Sale - 20-50% Off

www.callawaygolfpreowned.com

Being a senior, or as I call it, the mature golfer, I would not get a senior set. But I would go to callawaypreowned for deals, and have my buds help me find clubs that may fit me at great prices. Get'em while the inventory lasts...

I would recommend the Adams Idea Tech irons. Sounds exactly like what you are looking for.

If you don't mind spending a bit more, Callaway Preowned has the V Series Driver, V Series Heavenwood in Light Flex (Sr), Big Bertha Hybrid (22) XHot Irons, Mac Daddy Wedges, and you can find a putter anywhere that fits you.

You can also find clubs at rockbottomgolf.com and 3balls.com

Back