Shaft reccomendation for my sons new driver head.

rrpruett

Reaction score
Handicap
I just purchased a Golf Geek little bastard driver head for one of my sons. He is having problems hitting the ball too high so I got him your 7.5* head just to check it out. I have three of shaft options for shafts that I currently have. I would like to know if anyone has a recommendation on which one I should try first.

His is 6’3” tall
Swing speed is around 105 to 110
Swing tempo is fast.
He has problems loosing the ball to the right but he also hits a some large hooks. He is right handed. His handicap is about 18.

He is looking to hit the ball lower and of course further. This is for recreational play not long drive stuff. His current driver is a Calloway FT IQ 9.5 with a stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki Shaft.

The shafts that I have are
[FONT=&quot]FUJIKURA E370 GRAPHITE WOOD SHAFTS Stiff 79 gram[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED stiff 64 gram[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GRAFALLOY EPIC GRAPHITE stiff 72 grams

thanks.

[/FONT]

I love the Prolaunch Red shaft for a nice penetratng trajectory but coupled with a 7.5* might be going too low. For me its perfect with my 9.5* Titleist head.

I would think anthing stiff should be fine. That should knock down on the ballooning and the hooks.

thinking about it, he may need an x stiff since he has stiff already.

If I'm not mistaken, the FT IQ is a high launch head. So hitting it lower might be a little tough depending on his swing.

I have the Graffaloy Pro-Launch Red Stiff and think it's a decent shaft. It will have a lower flight than the Fubuki imo

Put the heavier shaft in it. That will aid in lowering his flight.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I love the prolaunch red, but is there any way he could try them on another driver before you pick?

I love the prolaunch red, but is there any way he could try them on another driver before you pick?

Not that I know of. I do not know anyone that has any of these shafts in my town to try.

Thanks for the info so far. Anyone try the Epic or [FONT=&quot]FUJIKURA. [/FONT]

Just an update. I put in the [FONT=&quot]FUJIKURA and built it last week. My son played with it yesterday. He drove two greens over 300 yards and hit many drives over 280. the club feels different but the ball just goes and goes. He said if he really gets after it the shaft may be a little light but if he swings in control its perfect.
[/FONT]

Back