Share your #BagBattles

I need to replace two wedges, but there are so many good options that it is hard to pull the trigger. I like the weighting and feel of the SM8 Vokeys I have played for a few years. SM10 should be a nice update. And yet there are others that appeal, with the grippy MG4 and sleek S159 on my radar. Should I try something new or stick with the tried and true? Hmm.
The SM10’s and 159’s are really really good.

I need a wedge testing day.
I prefer the head heavy nature of the SM10, but I’ve gotten on well with the 159’s. Still think the T24 are the most underrated wedge on the market though.

I prefer the head heavy nature of the SM10, but I’ve gotten on well with the 159’s. Still think the T24 are the most underrated wedge on the market though.

This is very helpful. The weight/weighting is a big part of what I like with my current Vokeys. I will have to check out the T24. (y)

This is very helpful. The weight/weighting is a big part of what I like with my current Vokeys. I will have to check out the T24. (y)
If you need another nod for the T24 you've got one from me!

It’s down to this for me right now.

Callaway Apex PRO CB with DART 105F5

Versus

Edel SMS PRO with DART V 120F5

😬

8i's.

Ugh. I can't pick.

Top is Edel SMS Pro w/ DART V 120F5, bottom is Apex Pro CB w/ DART 105F5. I could play both.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 101706.png

8i's.

Ugh. I can't pick.

Top is Edel SMS Pro w/ DART V 120F5, bottom is Apex Pro CB w/ DART 105F5. I could play both.

View attachment 9255992

I'm more thinking if your launch is 18-19 with 8 iron, i'd worry it might be too low with 5-6 irons.

18-19 is kinda my territory when i use more GI type stuff. And with those sometimes i'm in the 14 range with like a 6 iron

2 degrees higher launch to me is more valuable than the 5-6 yards of distance since you're already plenty long

I've been playing a few different shafts in my driver and, for now at least, have resolved to play the stock Kai'li blue. I haven't done anything extensive on a LM but, on course, the Kaili gives me the best combination of feel and performance.

I have a skirmish on my southern flank. ZX4/ZX5 8i-AW vs Darkspeed PW. Current casualty reports are light but the Darkspeed appear to be massing and 8i, 9i, and GW reinforcements are en route. May want to stock up on canned goods, it could be a bloody spring...

I'm more thinking if your launch is 18-19 with 8 iron, i'd worry it might be too low with 5-6 irons.

18-19 is kinda my territory when i use more GI type stuff. And with those sometimes i'm in the 14 range with like a 6 iron

2 degrees higher launch to me is more valuable than the 5-6 yards of distance since you're already plenty long
Bet.

Same order of clubs.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 103612.png

I'll also add though, at this speed, 18 for an 8i aligns with Tour averages. Not saying that I am that good, simply that it isn't a wildly low number.

Garage San Diego vs Las Vegas starts this week. I should probably switch the grip on one to match the other, I just really like both haha

Bet.

Same order of clubs.

View attachment 9256010

I'll also add though, at this speed, 18 for an 8i aligns with Tour averages. Not saying that I am that good, simply that it isn't a wildly low number.

16 with a 6 iron is no problem, so yeah you're good!

I wasn't aware 18 degrees was tour average for an 8. That seems low to me. I figured it would be 20+

16 with a 6 iron is no problem, so yeah you're good!

I wasn't aware 18 degrees was tour average for an 8. That seems low to me. I figured it would be 20+
Its useful!

Unfortunately, the 6i head to head didn't help my damn decision. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back