Shoes: Puma vs Adidas

spazzdog

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots
This is a fit question and specifically a women's shoe, however if any of you guys have worn both/tried on both Puma and Adidas, please chime in.

I'm hard to fit because I have a full size difference in my feet. Except for running, I buy to fit my larger foot, and have worn Adidas athletic shoes for knocking around in for years because they are comfy for both feet.

Though I recently picked up some ladies FootJoys, I really like the Pumas. My quandary is that I don't know how true their sizing is. I've read that Pumas run a little snug and one should size up 1/2 a size.

So, anyone have any experience with these 2 brands?

Why not buy your shoes in different sizes? Quite a few places allow ordering like this. As for sizing, unfortunately PUMA is a tough one right now. Depending on the style of choice, they either run true to size or slightly smaller. PUMA also has a slight issues with width being the same thing. Depending on the style, the width measurements are different. The good news is that they are aware of the issues in sizing and we should see corrections in the new line.

Footjoys are generally 1/2 bigger. So for example, in Puma and Adidas I wear a men 10, but 9.5 in FJ's.

With your sizing difference between feet, have you ever talked to a pro shop merchandiser or anything about special ordering shoes in two different sizes? Depending on the company, a lot of times, it's not a problem at all to do.

EDIT: Of course JB beats me to it haha.

I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back when I was running I had to buy 2 pairs (one pair 5.5, one pair 6.5) which got expensive, but not doing it was causing knee issues. The upside was I'd donate the "odd" shoes to charity or a prosthetics maker. Buying one pair of different sized shoes wasn't an option.

As for sizing, unfortunately PUMA is a tough one right now. Depending on the style of choice, they either run true to size or slightly smaller.
Okay, so comparing Puma Clyde X UNDFTD Luxe 2 (2012 model) with Adidas Superstar Vulc - is there a difference? I`m US11.5 on Adidas Superstar Vulc and believing that this is my true size, because most of other shoes are also US11.5.

Okay, so comparing Puma Clyde X UNDFTD Luxe 2 (2012 model) with Adidas Superstar Vulc - is there a difference? I`m US11.5 on Adidas Superstar Vulc and believing that this is my true size, because most of other shoes are also US11.5.

Think we're referring to golf shoe models.

On a side note: I've had Superstar Vulcs. (first year they were out, yeah I'm cool) and they run the same as every pair of Puma's I've had (roughly 5 pairs now).

Back