Shoes with a high toe box?

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
I have a heckuva time finding shoes to fit. I need wide shoes with a high toe box. The latter seems hard to find.
The top of the shoes can press down on the big toes, causing ingrown toenails for me.
Any advice for golf shoes for my caveman big toes? Used to wear FJ Contour and Contour Casuals in a 12W.

If all else fails, my NB 990 runners might have to suffice!

I have a heckuva time finding shoes to fit. I need wide shoes with a high toe box. The latter seems hard to find.
The top of the shoes can press down on the big toes, causing ingrown toenails for me.
Any advice for golf shoes for my caveman big toes? Used to wear FJ Contour and Contour Casuals in a 12W.

If New Balance has worked for you in other shoes, I would check out NB. You might give the Puma ProAdapts a look too.

If New Balance has worked for you in other shoes, I would check out NB. You might give the Puma ProAdapts a look too.
Thanks. I did look at the NB site and it was kinda hard to tell from the pics if the toe box is very high.
Checked out the Puma site, but doesn't appear those come in a wide. Just three styles and the toe boxes looked a little low.

True Linkswear are what you're looking for. The Original, Major and OG Feel are all wide with high toe boxes.

True Linkswear are what you're looking for. The Original, Major and OG Feel are all wide with high toe boxes.
Thanks, I'll check 'em out. Been out the game for 5 years, forgot about those.
I guess one other problem I have is that like the local Galaxy doesn't have a lot of selection/brands to choose from. Might be sight unseen when I go to buy. So hard to buy shoes this way.

How do the True run for length?

No one else mentioned Skechers, but they offer wide and typically the toe boxes are big too. I've owned several pairs of Skechers and I perfer a wide toe area too since I walk the course pretty often.

I can't speak for them personally, but maybe the new Squarez shoes might work for you too?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I always need more depth too. I have every brand of shoes in my arsenal. I almost always reach for the latest from PUMA Spineless for this very reason.

True and others like Skechers are good and wide in the toe box, but not all that deep.

Few are deep in my opinion. Puma is. SQAIRZ is too. Nike used to be with early Lunar Control. No longer. Adidas used to be with Tour 360. No longer.

Thanks, I'll check 'em out. Been out the game for 5 years, forgot about those.
I guess one other problem I have is that like the local Galaxy doesn't have a lot of selection/brands to choose from. Might be sight unseen when I go to buy. So hard to buy shoes this way.

How do the True run for length?
They're pretty true to size for me. I wear a 13 in other shoes, and 13 fits me fine from TL.

I always need more depth too. I have every brand of shoes in my arsenal. I almost always reach for the latest from PUMA Spineless for this very reason.

True and others like Skechers are good and wide in the toe box, but not all that deep.

Few are deep in my opinion. Puma is. SQAIRZ is too. Nike used to be with early Lunar Control. No longer. Adidas used to be with Tour 360. No longer.
Puma surprises me. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, but they have 3 styles listed as "wide" and they look pretty flat in the toe box area?

Squairz look intriguing. $199 is a lot for synthetic leather, though.

Puma surprises me. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, but they have 3 styles listed as "wide" and they look pretty flat in the toe box area?

Squairz look intriguing. $199 is a lot for synthetic leather, though.

Wide to me is a lot of times brand dependent because wide many times is not referring to the toe bed, but rather the heel.

An expended toe bed such as NXT Solelace and their toe depth are rather quite good.
NXT Lace is another one.

SQAIRZ are the best fitting shoes I have ever tried from a pure fit standpoint.

Wide to me is a lot of times brand dependent because wide many times is not referring to the toe bed, but rather the heel.

An expended toe bed such as NXT Solelace and their toe depth are rather quite good.
NXT Lace is another one.

This one?
They look quite flat in the toe box area?

I'll have to see what the local stores are carrying. I hope the Squairz can be found locally. Anything "ergonomic" is totally up my alley.

My NB 990's are part mesh and are an arm and a leg these days. So I guess a golf-specific shoe with waterproofing for the same is more than "reasonable" for what the market will bear. I thought golf was in financial trouble and the products just keep going up?! :LOL:

I just ordered a pair of NB 1701's in 15 X-Wide. They should be here Monday and I can let you know how the toe box is. The 1701's toe looks like basketball sneakers in the front so I'm going to assume there is room.

I just ordered a pair of NB 1701's in 15 X-Wide. They should be here Monday and I can let you know how the toe box is. The 1701's toe looks like basketball sneakers in the front so I'm going to assume there is room.
That looks like what I'm talkin' about! You go with black or white?
Are these out of production? Not on NB site when I searched.
Lemme know how the heel area is too! I have a standard heel and don't like it if they make the heel too wide. Thanks much!

a little trick for getting toe space. cut out the toe section of the insole that you use. or use a half or 3/4 insole (i.e. dr scholls tri comfort)

a little trick for getting toebox height. cut out the toe section of the insole that you use. or use a half or 3/4 insole (i.e. dr scholls tri comfort)
That's cool. Thanks. Might try that with some other pairs of shoes. The feets and rest of me are pretty arthritic. Think it cuts down much on the padding for the toes to where ya feel it?

Canadian guy. Figures. You have sasquatch feet too, huh? :ROFLMAO:

That's cool. Thanks. Might try that with some other pairs of shoes. The feets and rest of me are pretty arthritic. Think it cuts down much on the padding for the toes to where ya feel it?

Canadian guy. Figures. You have sasquatch feet too, huh? :ROFLMAO:
high volume wide foot, lowish arches

I'll put it this way - I very rarely leave original insoles in any of my shoes

as for padding, your toes have lots of it but your weight is mostly distributed through the balls of your feet

I'm super high arches and instep, wide arse EEE width, standard to narrow heel with these high arse toes.
They are my grandpa's feet. My mom has them too. I tease her relentlessly. (Lovingly.) :LOL:

That looks like what I'm talkin' about! You go with black or white?
Are these out of production? Not on NB site when I searched.
Lemme know how the heel area is too! I have a standard heel and don't like it if they make the heel too wide. Thanks much!

I went with the black ones as don't wear white shoes. These shoes appear to be older from 2017 or 18 but TGW.com had them in my size. Reviews were solid on several other places so i figured what the heck. I'll keep you informed.

I'm super high arches and instep, wide arse EEE width, standard to narrow heel with these high arse toes.
They are my grandpa's feet. My mom has them too. I tease her relentlessly. (Lovingly.) :LOL:

K, so I got them and they fit me really well. There is a noticeable increase in toe height compared to my old Adidas shoes. I have actual room above my toes and they feel like a basketball shoe. That's really nice. The x wide is wide enough for me to be comfortable but could be a bit more open. They'll stretch when I walk so its not really a bad thing. For your EEE X-Wide would work. Heel fits fine but I usually don't have issues there.

Overall, can't really complain for 40 bucks. Really nice pair of shoes.

K, so I got them and they fit me really well. There is a noticeable increase in toe height compared to my old Adidas shoes. I have actual room above my toes and they feel like a basketball shoe. That's really nice. The x wide is wide enough for me to be comfortable but could be a bit more open. They'll stretch when I walk so its not really a bad thing. For your EEE X-Wide would work. Heel fits fine but I usually don't have issues there.

Overall, can't really complain for 40 bucks. Really nice pair of shoes.
Awesome. Thanks! How's the length? I used to wear 11.5 EEE. But shoes keep getting shorter and shorter. My Keen shoes and boots are up to a 13. Ridiculous! :ROFLMAO:
I'm over white shoes too! :cool:

Awesome. Thanks! How's the length? I used to wear 11.5 EEE. But shoes keep getting shorter and shorter. My Keen shoes and boots are up to a 13. Ridiculous! :ROFLMAO:

I have a bit of room in front of the toe. Its not tight or anything and I can feel some open space in there.

Just a follow up here I did play with them today. Had to take a cart but I did walk some stretches where possible. Overall they feel really good and could not smash my toes to the toe of the shoe even if i tried. Next weekend I'll go play the local 9 hole that I walk and see how that goes.

NXT Lace is another one.

It's kind of like shaft flex. No really objective standard.

Back