After updating my course over the weekend, the V3 took quite a while to find the satellites. I figured it would, so I turned it on quite early and had to use pause. I've always had to "confirm" both Pause and Resume using the top right button next to the check mark.

That's to confirm it but to actually get to the pause "menu" you have to hold the top left button for 2+ seconds, just like SS says. Mine does not respond to that now.

I don't know how long I hold that top left button in (after unlocking the watch). I just hold it until the Pause window appears, then I confirm it.

Played 9 in crappy rainy/misty conditions last night. My V3 took a little while to find the satellites but after that it was great.
It missed 1 shots and 1 was a mishit. Really happy to not have to check phone each shot.

I am loving the Shot Scope V3 so far. I am currently using manual putting mode, as I have a stroke lab putter, but I saw that someone had snipped the end of the putter tag to get it to fit on the putter with no issues, so I might try that out.

The strokes gained stats are extremely valuable to me, as it allows me to see where I need to focus my practice time.

My last round was an eye opener though. I ended up driving and putting close to scratch level, which is what I am aspiring to, but my short game was over 4 shots worse than average, at the level of a 25 handicap. Panic time? Maybe a little. But looking back, I had a bunch of really weird lies that made my pitching and chipping very difficult, as well as a few greenside bunkers that had just been prepped for the season with more sand in them than I had been used to thus far in the season. Adjustments will be made.

Seeing how each part of the game played into my final score is very enlightening.

I am loving the Shot Scope V3 so far. I am currently using manual putting mode, as I have a stroke lab putter, but I saw that someone had snipped the end of the putter tag to get it to fit on the putter with no issues, so I might try that out.

The strokes gained stats are extremely valuable to me, as it allows me to see where I need to focus my practice time.

My last round was an eye opener though. I ended up driving and putting close to scratch level, which is what I am aspiring to, but my short game was over 4 shots worse than average, at the level of a 25 handicap. Panic time? Maybe a little. But looking back, I had a bunch of really weird lies that made my pitching and chipping very difficult, as well as a few greenside bunkers that had just been prepped for the season with more sand in them than I had been used to thus far in the season. Adjustments will be made.

Seeing how each part of the game played into my final score is very enlightening.
It is one of the best parts. I always look at my strokes gained and I see the same thing, which is where my range and practice sessions are going to help.

If I take my shots vs 20HCP, I'm better in tee and putting - I'm worse in short game and I'm WAAAAAAY under in approach. My focus needs to be on GIR's and those second shots - work on the 4h, 5-7i etc what is going to get me onto the green in 2.

Now that you know what to work on, are you going to do anything different?

Just give yourself some time to get the stats settled. It's the beginning of the year and the weather hasn't been great.
Get a couple of years of data and you'll see what clubs work for you and what doesn't.
Happened to me with wedges - Thought wedges are wedges until I started to look at the data and realize I did better with wedges from certain manufactures than others.

I played two rounds over the weekend, and didn't sync until this morning. First time that I've had lost data. The last 7 holes from Saturday didn't upload, and none of my round yesterday uploaded. Real shame, as the rounds were night and day from each other, and seeing that data comparison would have been really interesting.

I played two rounds over the weekend, and didn't sync until this morning. First time that I've had lost data. The last 7 holes from Saturday didn't upload, and none of my round yesterday uploaded. Real shame, as the rounds were night and day from each other, and seeing that data comparison would have been really interesting.

Reach out to support, sometimes the data is missing but they can find it and upload.

Glad you're enjoying the watch, and the data it provides!

Was a workhorse today. Might not be fancy, but solidly gets the job done.

After somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 rounds, I unscrewed the tags from my irons today and moved them to new ones.

Please don’t be a jinx!!!

Really impressed with the longevity of these tags as while they show serious wear, none have broken and they are all still tracking shots without issue.

After somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 rounds, I unscrewed the tags from my irons today and moved them to new ones.

Really impressed with the longevity of these tags as while they show serious wear, none have broken and they are all still tracking shots without issue.
I'm still using my V3 tags with the X5. Gotta be in the neighborhood of 120+ rounds. I beat them up pretty well and they are all still working.

I'm still using my V3 tags with the X5. Gotta be in the neighborhood of 120+ rounds. I beat them up pretty well and they are all still working.
I’m not quite to that level of total rounds but also have some V3 tags with the X5 and they just keep on ticking

Put some felt furniture pads or glass table-top bumpers on them, and they will last even longer! Eventually, they wear around the edges from rubbing on the bottom of the bag and when they start looking like this they will no longer get sensed (neither the pads nor the bumpers seem to affect sensing of the tags):

SS Tags.jpg

Anyone having issues with sensor? Literally every sensor minus maybe driver is picking up. Wondering if it’s the watch or the actual sensors.

Anyone having issues with sensor? Literally every sensor minus maybe driver is picking up. Wondering if it’s the watch or the actual sensors.
IS or IS NOT being picked up? If the driver isn't being sensed, the system would still put the "driver" on a tee box, so that, too, may not be sensed by the watch either. Sounds like maybe the strap with the antenna in it is shot. I don't believe they have any more straps for the V3, though.

IS or IS NOT being picked up? If the driver isn't being sensed, the system would still put the "driver" on a tee box, so that, too, may not be sensed by the watch either. Sounds like maybe the strap with the antenna in it is shot. I don't believe they have any more straps for the V3, though.
Thanks for this. is Not being picked up. And that’s what I figured. It’s why I ordered a new range finder last night

Back