Shot Scope V3 is Here!

The clasp on my watch won't lay down flat and keeps popping up a bit. It shouldn't affect performance, but it sure is annoying.

I received my V3 today. I have several questions: instructions include downloading an app, I assume this is for the dashboard? I do not have to have my phone on course with me, correct? Does the watch require being tethered to the phone while playing? My iPhone is embarrassingly old. Old enough I won’t say what version it is, but old. Will that impact me negatively? Can I just do the dashboard and after round edits on the home laptop? (My wife is the techie here so I’m a little lost on new stuff.) :p:oops:
No phone needed on the course. Just sync your course before you play and again when your done for editing and score.

I received my V3 today. I have several questions: instructions include downloading an app, I assume this is for the dashboard? I do not have to have my phone on course with me, correct? Does the watch require being tethered to the phone while playing? My iPhone is embarrassingly old. Old enough I won’t say what version it is, but old. Will that impact me negatively? Can I just do the dashboard and after round edits on the home laptop? (My wife is the techie here so I’m a little lost on new stuff.) :p:oops:
You do not need your phone with you on the course as the watch is not "tethered" to it while playing. You do need the Shot Scope app as that is how you offload your rounds and the app is what then copies them to the Shot Scope server so you can use the Dashboard from your home laptop.

For those that use this, did you/ do you still use rangefinder? Wondering what this will add to my game and why i need it?

No phone needed on the course. Just sync your course before you play and again when your done for editing and score.
You do not need your phone with you on the course as the watch is not "tethered" to it while playing. You do need the Shot Scope app as that is how you offload your rounds and the app is what then copies them to the Shot Scope server so you can use the Dashboard from your home laptop.
Thanks guys! I’ll have to get everything downloaded and club tags on. Really excited to get this out on the course!

For those that use this, did you/ do you still use rangefinder? Wondering what this will add to my game and why i need it?
I do for some shots, especially if the number I get is in-between clubs. Longer shots, I keep the rangefinder in its case. I have found that having the watch for distances to the front, middle, back have been extremely helpful.

I do for some shots, especially if the number I get is in-between clubs. Longer shots, I keep the rangefinder in its case. I have found that having the watch for distances to the front, middle, back have been extremely helpful.
Me too, it is helpful to have all the distances on the green. Also I tend to go for the middle of the green now, which is probably smarter overall.

Has anyone figured out how to change the orientation of the watch? I have never had a watch come where the buckle is on the bottom. I would like to switch it around.

Has anyone figured out how to change the orientation of the watch? I have never had a watch come where the buckle is on the bottom. I would like to switch it around.
Because of how of the band collects the data and the strap design, it can't be switched. That strap has to be on the outside of the arm to work properly, supposedly.

1595975205230.png

Last edited:
Other than size how does the v2 work in comparison. I am intrigued by the this but it is sold out then I checked out the price on the V2 and it is cheap right now.

I still shoot par 3 flags as well as anything say under 170 yds. Anything outside of that is close enough and use the watch for distance.
I will say though the watch yardage is usually within 1-3 yds of my laser. Find it very accurate. So if I’m being lazy I’ll just use the watch yardage.

coming from game golf I already know my club distances having logged 4+ seasons in there. But it does offer some nice info like which club you’re better off using from just off the green (putter vs wedge, etc). Also the ability to compare Clubs.
For example my Cobra SZ X Is the black “D” and my Flash is the yellow “D”

0C7C85B7-670A-46B8-A214-A0169863BD47.jpeg

Received my V3 yesterday. Hoping to try it tonight but I'm a little worried after some of the experiences here. Hoping to not have to do too much fiddling around with editing after the round. I am really interested in the info that it can hopefully provide because I've never spent a lot of time tracking my game before. I've always had a rough idea of my yardages but it would be nice to get the real info and start using that on the course.

The clasp on my watch won't lay down flat and keeps popping up a bit. It shouldn't affect performance, but it sure is annoying.

I have had the same experience.

Ordinarily I wouldn't spring for an extra strap just to have a spare or a different color, but if they improve the clasps at all, I'd be all over it. The clasps on the cheap knockoff Fitbit bands on ebay are better than this clasp.

I, too, have had the same experience but no constantly.

Another perfectly captured round today. Just had to edit a couple of pin locations (inherent GPS inaccuracy?).

Other than size how does the v2 work in comparison. I am intrigued by the this but it is sold out then I checked out the price on the V2 and it is cheap right now.

Pretty much the same, I use the V2 and have had no issues with it at all

I have a Garmin G20 and was thinking about getting one of these, but after reading these threads about the wrist band, I think I will pass. I cannot stand a wristband that aggravates me while I am playing golf.

I got to try mine out last night for a quick nine. I had no problems with the band at all. Fit was great and I didn't notice it after a few holes and I do not normally wear a watch. I found the pin collect feature harder to get used to, but still not a big issue. Didn't forget to do it once, but had to make a concerted effort to remember it on every green.

As for the actual performance, no missed shots at all. I was worried seeing some of the reports on here, but I experienced no issues. I did have to edit some of the putts, but not by a lot and the course I played at has some large trees that overhang some of the greens. I was wondering how well it would work in that case, but again the putts were not off by much.

I had my rangefinder with me so I used that from the fairway and tee boxes on par 3's and there was little difference between the two when it came to yardages. I was happy to see that and I think going forward it will be nice not to have to feel the need to pull the rangefinder (although it doesn't take that long anyway) on approach shots. It was late afternoon/early evening and the screen was clear and easy to read.

Battery usage was about 27% (the nine lasted an hour and 34 minutes) which I thought was really good. I have nothing to compare that too, but I was quite pleased. Overall I'm very happy with it and am really looking forward to being able to start compiling some data. I actually enjoyed going back through my round after the fact and probably played around with it for another hour after the round.

I didn't have any issues with mine registering shots...one bad distance from a tee box...I know I didn't hit an 8 iron 102 yards when I lasered the flag at 160 and was 10 feet away.

I didn't have short chips or putts missed. I did take a practice swing or two, but nothing aggressive. Sometimes I did bang the club head on the ground before hitting, just to confirm the watch was awake.

I had a couple phantom shots when I was taking practice swings near someone else's shot, so maybe it picked up the sound of their shot and registered a shot from that distance. Easy enough to edit out afterwards

I cannot find the watch anywhere in stock at the moment.

Mines was even worst. My clasp broke, so I’m waiting on a replacement. Does anyone know if and which is a more stable replacement band
My Buckle broke (Maybe the same thing)- I stole a Buckle from an old V2 unit that I had.
and I've had issues with the buckle laying flat and the FOB staying in the holes in the band.

My Buckle broke (Maybe the same thing)- I stole a Buckle from an old V2 unit that I had.
and I've had issues with the buckle laying flat and the FOB staying in the holes in the band.
The clasp is definitely a problem. It won’t stand up over time.

Anyone know how to change your password on your account?

I saw where if you forgot your password you can click and it will send you an email to reset it. I tried that a little while ago and have not received an email yet. Checked my spam folder too. Nothing.

I have both the V2 and V3. The V2 works fine. Have never had an issue with it.

Back