I don't wear a watch, and I don't know how I would adjust to wearing one when golfing.
I never wear a watch but find I don't even notice my SS watch. Even now that I have switched to Arccos for the MC I still wear it for the distances on holes.

I don't wear a watch, and I don't know how I would adjust to wearing one when golfing.

It's not that heavy and I'm thinking you'd get used to it pretty quickly.

Looking forward to getting my V3. Been reading about other’s experiences with it and it looks to be an excellent product.

I never wear a watch but find I don't even notice my SS watch
I don't notice the watch either. It is very light weight and isn't some heavy Rolex strapped to your wrist (not that I would know what a heavy Rolex strapped to my wrist would feel like! :D)

Are you able to zoom in or pick a spot in the fairway to get a number for? I love on Arccos getting to pick a layup number in the fairway or finding out how much it is to where the fairway narrows, etc.

I don't want to see my club data right now. Ignorance is bliss and I refuse to be made unhappy.

Are you able to zoom in or pick a spot in the fairway to get a number for? I love on Arccos getting to pick a layup number in the fairway or finding out how much it is to where the fairway narrows, etc.

No, you can only get distances to hazards and the front, middle and back of the greens. It's not a map of the course.

5 hours to charge? goodness

I have never timed how long it takes for my watch to charge but it sure doesn't take anywhere near that long. I usually charge after each round and at bout 60% charge I would have to estimate maybe 20 minutes?

The watch does not depict the hole. You get FMB yardages and you can get distance to and over hazards like bunkers or water. There are lots of apps that can do what you are asking and I'll occasionally refer to one for layups to blind spots as I use Shot Scope for its primary purpose, data collection. I use a laser more than the watch for distances other than when there is a hazard short and I want to play to the back yardage.

@Phil75070 thanks for the info. It is a good heads up. So you typically use the watch in tandem with a laser? I have to say I have moved away from using a laser now that I walk most rounds and don't have the room for it.

So what makes the Shot Scope so special? Through all of my research it sounds like Arccos provides much of the same data collection points. Maybe if someone wants the data but in a watch rather than carrying a phone or link device? I am sure people looking to reduce the amount of things they carry would love to carry a range finder and an app on their phone with a course map. Maybe if I played the same course everyday and knew it well.

@Phil75070 thanks for the info. It is a good heads up. So you typically use the watch in tandem with a laser? I have to say I have moved away from using a laser now that I walk most rounds and don't have the room for it.

So what makes the Shot Scope so special? Through all of my research it sounds like Arccos provides much of the same data collection points. Maybe if someone wants the data but in a watch rather than carrying a phone or link device? I am sure people looking to reduce the amount of things they carry would love to carry a range finder and an app on their phone with a course map. Maybe if I played the same course everyday and knew it well.

I went from a Garmin s20 to Arccos, back to Garmin s20, and now Shotscope for thelast few rounds. Arccos was fine but was absolutely annoying to keep the phone in my pocket, especially with how big phones have gotten over the years. I’ve used Arccos with both the iPhone XS and iPhone 12 Pro and it just got annoying, not to mention the battery drain on the phone too. I’ve also had quite a few club sensors stop working for whatever reason. Yes they replace them but still very annoying. Probably 6 sensors were replaced over a 5mo period. In any event I went back to the Garmin for ease of use, but missed all the detailed stats so recently gave Shotscope a try. IMO it gives the ease of use that I love from the Garmin but also the detailed stats that I missed from Arccos. Best of both worlds imo.

So what makes the Shot Scope so special?
@robd mentioned a lot of the reasons to go with Shot Scope. Big for me were two things, the sensors used by Arccos (both in regard to their size and the fact that they have batteries), and with the latest version of Arccos it is subscription based, you must pay an annual fee. Shot Scope's customer service is outstanding as well! One of the big reason I kept reading as to why people preferred Arccos was the Shots Gained analysis. Now that Shot Scope has released the latest update with Shots Gained vs not only Pro but, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 handicaps I think that addresses that issue.

I went from a Garmin s20 to Arccos, back to Garmin s20, and now Shotscope for thelast few rounds. Arccos was fine but was absolutely annoying to keep the phone in my pocket, especially with how big phones have gotten over the years. I’ve used Arccos with both the iPhone XS and iPhone 12 Pro and it just got annoying, not to mention the battery drain on the phone too. I’ve also had quite a few club sensors stop working for whatever reason. Yes they replace them but still very annoying. Probably 6 sensors were replaced over a 5mo period. In any event I went back to the Garmin for ease of use, but missed all the detailed stats so recently gave Shotscope a try. IMO it gives the ease of use that I love from the Garmin but also the detailed stats that I missed from Arccos. Best of both worlds imo.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm one who doesn't mind the phone in the pocket. I like being able to map out the shots. Had an older SkyCaddie that I bought refurbished prior to Arccos.

I'm trying to install the 14 grip tags. Are you guys getting the tags fully flush to the grip? Or is there a slight gap? I'm having a hell of a time trying to get them fully flush.

I'm trying to install the 14 grip tags. Are you guys getting the tags fully flush to the grip? Or is there a slight gap? I'm having a hell of a time trying to get them fully flush.
What brand/model of grip do you have on your clubs? On my Golf Pride Z-Grip Plus 2 grips the end cap is totally flat so the tags fit flush. If the end caps are rounded/raised at all I would suggest using electrical tap to secure them as well as otherwise they might snap off.

What brand/model of grip do you have on your clubs? On my Golf Pride Z-Grip Plus 2 grips the end cap is totally flat so the tags fit flush. If the end caps are rounded/raised at all I would suggest using electrical tap to secure them as well as otherwise they might snap off.

GP Tour Velvet on irons, no problem. Just having trouble with new Vokeys. I'll keep at it. Thanks ...

The G3 showed up. Not as big as I thought it might be. still pretty thick and noticeable just test fitting. curious if it gets better on the course.

@robd mentioned a lot of the reasons to go with Shot Scope. Big for me were two things, the sensors used by Arccos (both in regard to their size and the fact that they have batteries), and with the latest version of Arccos it is subscription based, you must pay an annual fee. Shot Scope's customer service is outstanding as well! One of the big reason I kept reading as to why people preferred Arccos was the Shots Gained analysis. Now that Shot Scope has released the latest update with Shots Gained vs not only Pro but, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 handicaps I think that addresses that issue.
Honestly with all of the additional info, not sure how they are not charging a yearly fee unless there is some really good margins with the V3.
They've made a fair amount of upgrades to the app since the V3 release.

When you guys say you're using tape to hold tags on, can you post pics of what you mean?

Honestly with all of the additional info, not sure how they are not charging a yearly fee unless there is some really good margins with the V3.
They've made a fair amount of upgrades to the app since the V3 release.

Perhaps that or the rangefinder helps them stay in business. I guess we should just be thankful!

Back