Should Brady's net par on 8 have counted towards another 100k from Koepka?

Should Brady's net par on 8 have counted towards another 100k from Koepka?

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

ShootzGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I say yes. When he drained his put I yayyyed. Feel free to comment.

What was the deal? Missed this

What was the deal? Missed this
Brooks Koepka phoned in on the 6th hole saying he'd donate 100k if Brady got a par on the front nine. Brady birdied 7. Koepka said he'd double it if he got another. Brady got a 5 net 4 on 8.

Unless he specified "net" par, then no. A par is a par.

Yeah thinking a par on course not adjusted par...thanks for clarifying

Brooks Koepka phoned in on the 6th hole saying he'd donate 100k if Brady got a par on the front nine. Brady birdied 7. Koepka said he'd double it if he got another. Brady got a 5 net 4 on 8.
For the sake of the charities involved I would say yes. Koepka owes the the extra 100 grand. It's not like he can't afford it. Might look better for a tax write off if anything.

That said. The bet was for a "par" score. Nothing was mentioned about a "net par" score. Yeah, I know "ticky tacky", and "splitting hairs", but still.

Sure, why not? BK has it.

I’ll say no, not really. I think he would make the donation anyway but doesn’t owe it.

Not by the definition of the rules but if I had BK's money, Id have donated it anyway. BK should have offered another $100K just for Brady to quit after 9 because that was painful to watch.

Net par, no. Actual par, yes.

Has to be the real deal, IMO

Has to be a par not a bet par. I think the optics of koepka saying no would be too negative so it gets paid anyway, but funny how people think “he has it why not”. Easy to spend other people’s money.

Pretty sure he meant an actual par.

Back