TeeJayeff

Next year is the year.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
15.4 GHIN
I’ve been on several non-golf forums and noticed a lot of heavy-handed moderation of threads. I bought a car a few months ago (granted, with a snooty reputation), and joined a forum thinking that I’d find a bunch of like-minded enthusiasts and good information about the brand. What I found were two thin-skinned moderators who would make belittling comments whenever someone questioned their takes which often ridiculed comments or other premium brands. I didn’t post much, but finally reacted to a mod’s comment to a new member who asked a reasonable noob question in a mildly critical way about the brand. I (helpfully :ROFLMAO:) called the moderator out for being the worst offender on the forum. Naturally, the post was immediately removed and I got the inevitable warning pm that I would be ex-communicated in the event of further infractions, and all evidence that I ever existed, deleted (ok, I exaggerate). I typed out “GFYS, strong letter to follow”, but deleted that and deleted my membership. That was four months ago and I haven’t been back.

Long way of saying there are great discussions on this forum, interesting topics and very little acrimony despite differing opinions. The staff is involved, funny, and don’t wield their authority like a sledgehammer. I’m a Noobie here but am enjoying it immensely. Keep it up. (y)

Yeh I don't think you can find a better run site than this!

It is a great place to hang out. Learn about the game and many other things. THP is much more than just golf.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m happy that you enjoy the forum. This is definitely a forum unlike any other.

Great observation, and one that I definitely agree with!

Very few if any other forums will you see the ask me anything thread that we get here. Truly enjoy when @JB and @GolferGal do them to let us learn not only about the forum but them as well.

It's been said so many times, but it really is the truth, THP is special! ❤❤❤

I concur, THP is pretty fun. This is the first forum I've ever really been on and I have no social media so I have nothing to compare it to but this is a great place to hang out.

THP is the most welcoming, kind and noob friendly site on the internet. What's even more amazing if you ever get the opportunity to attend an event that the people are even better in person.

THP is the most welcoming, kind and noob friendly site on the internet. What's even more amazing if you ever get the opportunity to attend an event that the people are even better in person.
I am lucky enough to get that opportunity in two weeks (Edel Quest) and can’t wait!

Totally agree. Strong community feel.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP, this is a great place with good people.

THP is pretty damn special, that's for sure. Glad you're here with us!!

Welcome to THP!!
THP is a rare amd special spot on the Interwebs that is for sure!!

THP is an amazing and welcoming community. I’ve been involved with other forums, but none come close to THP. As others have said, this place is truly special.

Hands down the best forum I have ever been involved with. Love being here!

Welcome to THP! I’ve always felt at home here.

Yeah, this place is awesome! There are some instances where a warning might be issued but it takes a lot to get banned...

Personal attacks. THP doesn't like those.

Politics. Don't talk politics here. If a thread heads in that direction, there's a polite reminder...

The ban hammer doesn't really appear much at all...

And, you're not going to be made fun of for the equipment you choose to play. It's not the "snooty car forum" like you mentioned.:ROFLMAO:

Great place, great people, is that simple (y)

THP is special! Always awesome when people find that out because they engage!

Apparently we are too soft on you guys and gals. Maybe we need to rethink our strategy 😄

Jokes aside, it really is what makes THP special, and the collective effort to keep things fair and friendly is a nod to the community more than anything. Great stuff, and glad you're here!

Back