BigTex69

Reaction score
Handicap
My best bud and I are heading down to pine dunes for a couple days to play as much golf as possible. Since there's only one track out there and we plan on playing at least 3 full rounds, I'm trying to figure out a way to make the rounds a little more interesting. The only problem is he's a scratch golfer and I play off an 11. Course rounded strokes given is 12. On his bad days he shoots ~78s but on MY bad days I get well up into the 90s. My game feels good at the moment, but I've never played the course and he has. Stroke play feels like a lose lose situation for me because it's also just kind of boring.

Match play seems like the best game, but I was wondering if any of yall had some 2 player games you love to play.

My best bud and I are heading down to pine dunes for a couple days to play as much golf as possible. Since there's only one track out there and we plan on playing at least 3 full rounds, I'm trying to figure out a way to make the rounds a little more interesting. The only problem is he's a scratch golfer and I play off an 11. Course rounded strokes given is 12. On his bad days he shoots ~78s but on MY bad days I get well up into the 90s. My game feels good at the moment, but I've never played the course and he has. Stroke play feels like a lose lose situation for me because it's also just kind of boring.

Match play seems like the best game, but I was wondering if any of yall had some 2 player games you love to play.
Stableford is great for players of mixed handicaps 👌. The blow up holes that wreck a stroke play score don’t matter, just move onto the next 😊.

Match Play FTW!

Stableford is great for players of mixed handicaps 👌. The blow up holes that wreck a stroke play score don’t matter, just move onto the next 😊.

That's a brilliant idea. I thought about doing a modified stableford where I play by the "British" scoring and he plays by the "Classic" scoring.
1620552267572.png
But I would change bogies to 0 and doubles to -1 for me. A lot to keep up with for sure, but could be fun.

That's a brilliant idea. I thought about doing a modified stableford where I play by the "British" scoring and he plays by the "Classic" scoring.
View attachment 9006996
But I would change bogies to 0 and doubles to -1 for me. A lot to keep up with for sure, but could be fun.
Yes that could work great 👌. Another idea, play it each round but also have a cumulative side game for the whole trip 😊.

Match play IMO
If you want to get some more excitement play a skins game for whatever you all are comfy with.

Garbage.....points for birdies, tree hits, sandies, froggies, greenies.....it's a side game. Usually buck a point. To score points you must make a par after hitting sand or tree or water.

Back