SkiBumGolfer WITB

I'm coming to the realization that with how far and how consistently I hit my R15 4h at 22*, I never hit the 3h. I consistently hit the 4h out there around 210-215, and I can only get the 3h out there 5-10 yards further with a great strike. I could try cranking the loft down to 18* on the 3h and see what that gets me, but I've never had much luck with a hybrid lofted that low. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just take it out and either carry 13 clubs or add a club - I'm just not sure what I would add. Maybe a 5W would be a good move, if I can find one with an open face that's pretty easy off the deck. Or perhaps a really high lofted wedge for flops and specialty shots? I thought about a mini driver too, but I hit the 3W so damn far already that I don't see a mini driver fitting in well.

Anyone have thoughts?
I agree that there is no sense having two hybrids that go the same distance.

Maybe add a long shafted driver for some extra kaboom? Maybe a short shafted driver?
An extra wedge is always cool but only if it has a specific use.

I agree that there is no sense having two hybrids that go the same distance.

Maybe add a long shafted driver for some extra kaboom? Maybe a short shafted driver?
An extra wedge is always cool but only if it has a specific use.

Yeah, I'm unsure on the wedge for just that reason. Short shafted driver or mini driver could be cool, but my struggle with that idea is I already pummel the BB 3W and can get it out there close to 250 off the tee, so I'm just unsure what use I'd have for it.

My thought on a 5W is maybe I could get something that goes around 230 ish off a tee and has more MOI than the 19* hybrid and hopefully more spin, so I can elevate it off the deck a little easier and maybe hold a green coming into a par 5.

Yeah, I'm unsure on the wedge for just that reason. Short shafted driver or mini driver could be cool, but my struggle with that idea is I already pummel the BB 3W and can get it out there close to 250 off the tee, so I'm just unsure what use I'd have for it.

My thought on a 5W is maybe I could get something that goes around 230 ish off a tee and has more MOI than the 19* hybrid and hopefully more spin, so I can elevate it off the deck a little easier and maybe hold a green coming into a par 5.

maybe a heavenwood? the gap between 4h and 3w seems like it would be pretty significant. but if it's manageable, maybe a higher bounce and slightly higher lofted lob wedge for short sand shots, flops, high lofted shots to tight pins, etc.

maybe a heavenwood? the gap between 4h and 3w seems like it would be pretty significant. but if it's manageable, maybe a higher bounce and slightly higher lofted lob wedge for short sand shots, flops, high lofted shots to tight pins, etc.

Off the tee, the gap is around 30-35 yards total distance, so yeah it's pretty big. It narrows a little bit off the deck though, I can't quite get all of that 250 off the deck with the 3W because it launches a little lower. Still, the 225-230 club would make a lot of sense. On paper the 3h should be perfect, but I'm just not sure if it works in practice. I need to get a little bit of LM time with my 3h and hopefully some 5W/Heavenwood type options to see if I can make an improvement.

The other thing I've half thought is because I'm a very inconsistent sand player, maybe I should take a look at the Cleveland Smart Sole.

Quick update today with the new XR16 5W w/ Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue and the Rosemark grip.

1a92cd7b21d43a8827b312da41ba699d.jpg

171c12d9ed702bf910b3325f83804d72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quick update to add my Aeroburner Mini to the fold!

b60f8536f643e7e0dca12097c213caca.jpg

8277252a3ffbefeb6258895e9259b7f4.jpg

I still love those irons.

good looking irons. those are sweet.

Bag is looking good Ryan. Hit it well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick bag update with the RTX-3's and the Triton!

1f5c34d1f3ae9f5ce2de21912e1ac483.jpg

663d1703386d08bc8b3ab35c04332718.jpg

I love your set up dude.

Bag update with the Nexus III! This bag is sweet.

eb6f67611a6621ab1e8a1e3c92f1ece6.jpg

ef21b489fc233873d8bca8cf7a922b6f.jpg

Looks sweet! How is the Triton?

Nice set up Ryan, like the wedges

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Looks sweet! How is the Triton?

It's sick. I was absolutely bombing it that day. I need to get my PX Handcrafted tipped to put in there though, I think it's gonna be even better!

The RTX-3 50* with Aerotech Steelfiber is in the bag for tomorrow!

1a756b56b5fa6f138b6f077347f697d3.jpg

Bag looks great Ryan

Bag looks great Ryan

Thanks Alex! Good win the other day!

Love that the Minidriver is still in there.

Great bag SBG!

Steelfiber sounds fun in the rtx

Steelfiber sounds fun in the rtx
Agreed. Will report back after my round, but I'm figuring since 50* is mainly a full swing club for me, it'll be good to have the same shaft as my irons.

Back