Dusting off the Blizzard Bonafides and getting everything ready. I plan on a lot of skiing this winter after I retire in January.

I just picked up a new pair of 188cm powder skis on eBay yesterday. I couldn't resist as they look brand new and they normally go for over $1000. I snagged them for $369.

They are Ski Logik Powderballs.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2012-2013-skilogik-powderball

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

I know nothing about skis other than they go on the bottom of your feet but those look so COOL!

Just got back from a pretty sweet powder day at Baker. Nuking snow all day and tonight they're expecting another foot plus!

People were a little excited today...this is the early lineup!

e78fd8c6955d8115165b488be1172b89.jpg

Rode my Atomic Automatics for the first time today, and man they are fun in powder. Not stiff enough to bust through crappy cut up snow, but that's what I have my Line Influence 105's for.

3ea43795967c54addb829349c43034dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Another sick day. First few runs were WAIST DEEP.

8c9d805413bd16881635d27cfd6f3133.jpg

1522a45c98cd9873de1a6f68df528ed5.jpg

We haven't seen a flake here yet and today it's almost 60 degrees. Damn El Nino.

So jealous SBG. Not even a sniff here, was +10 today.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wtf I need to stay out of here lol resorts are absolutely struggling around here and don't even have opening dates yet lol its baaaaaad!

Indiana skiing so far over the past 5 years, a mere 900' hill. Decent runs, do want to get out west. Banff especially.

Hill opens tomorrow. Mostly man made. Think I'll wait.

I'm headed up today to ski a few days in Tahoe with my youngest daughter. My wife and other two kids are out of town but the snow is amazing after 130 inches in the last 31 days.

I'm headed up today to ski a few days in Tahoe with my youngest daughter. My wife and other two kids are out of town but the snow is amazing after 130 inches in the last 31 days.

That's insane, TB. Have a great time.

Took a field trip with a friend to Steamboat this past weekend. Main mountain was a bit too scraped up but there was some incredible powder in the hike-to terrain. Dropped more rock and cliff lines in a day than I ever have before. Some seriously gnarly terrain up there! Here is a shot from the end of the day after hitting a nice pillow line just before. An amazing weekend it was!

6a885e92758f9b59cd71ee12f401d8d2.jpg

8aba15c78dff3fd746312b76b1e248f9.jpg
6fac9587d6cc148347915743a06e321e.jpg
c21354050f393835e040f56e15df6d1f.jpg
fe16c74044f6b9ac617a51d410f57c6f.jpg

Excellent day at Stowe today!! Until my hip gave out. Luckily I didn't wipe out

That's awesome TUT!! Enjoy.

I will be up at Baker probably twice this weekend. My brother is in town to visit so we'll be shredding together. Hopefully the snow doesn't suck too bad after the rain they've gotten today.

Nice!! Stowe is my Favorite mountain in Vermont.

I can't believe how much it's grown since the last time I was here 15 years ago. Place is awesome

20 days on the mountain so far this season. Pretty good for a FL guy. Had a 8 day trip to Jackson Hole. 3 days in village and 5 out of bounds. Got my Avi Level 1 certification. Great course and learned allot about the snow. If you are serious about safety in the backcountry I highly recommend this course. Did a ton of splitboarding as well. It's a good feeling to be able to hike up 3400' vert and enjoy the ride down. No people no lifts.. Awesome trip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
Looks like we're gonna get a good dose of fresh snow this weekend at Baker with some nice low snow levels to boot. Will be up Sunday, and taking Monday and Tuesday off to hang with my brother before he leaves so will probably go up one of those days as well.

Heading to Breckenridge in a few weeks and can't wait! Unfortunately my work brought me to Fort Wayne IN, and I'm going through mountain withdrawal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm as into skiing as I am golf - my two biggest hobbies (I'm just a much, much better skier than I am golfer at this point).

Just purchased new skis this year and, wow, I'm in love with them. Got a whole new set-up - skis, boots, bindings, poles. I just went out again this past weekend - it was mostly machine made snow with a little bit of fresh powder on top. Definitely slick in some areas. During a good winter, I usually go 4 times a week. This winter, I've been pretty much limited to the weekends - it was 61 degrees yesterday. Sucks. The weather needs to pick one or the other - let me ski regularly or golf.

I'm more of a slopes, downhill skier but I'll dabble in the park. I love hitting jumps and have recently started introducing myself to the superpipe - I'm just hesitant on rails and things of that nature. Last thing I need is to crack my head open.

I'm SUPER stoked - my family has decided to plan a vacation in Aspen for next Christmas (we're scattered - my brothers are in DC and LA). First time I'll have ever really experienced skiing out west. It's going to be an unreal trip.

I've always been a skier first and a golfer second. I started skiing in 1971 when I was 6 and logged many a season with more than 100 days on the slopes growing up in Wisconsin. You will love Aspen, it's one of those bucket list places for sure!

I've always been a skier first and a golfer second. I started skiing in 1971 when I was 6 and logged many a season with more than 100 days on the slopes growing up in Wisconsin. You will love Aspen, it's one of those bucket list places for sure!
That's how I was growing up. It wasn't until recently and especially with our winters getting worse it seems like I've been a golfer first. If I weren't in NY it's likely that skiing would take over again. It's a feeling that just can't be matched.

20 days on the mountain so far this season. Pretty good for a FL guy. Had a 8 day trip to Jackson Hole. 3 days in village and 5 out of bounds. Got my Avi Level 1 certification. Great course and learned allot about the snow. If you are serious about safety in the backcountry I highly recommend this course. Did a ton of splitboarding as well. It's a good feeling to be able to hike up 3400' vert and enjoy the ride down. No people no lifts.. Awesome trip.

I'm super jealous. But glad you're getting out. Michigan's winter hasn't really been that conducive to snowboarding this winter. So not only is it crappy MW snowboarding, it's crappy overcrowded ski hills of hard packed man made snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I was growing up. It wasn't until recently and especially with our winters getting worse it seems like I've been a golfer first. If I weren't in NY it's likely that skiing would take over again. It's a feeling that just can't be matched.

Yes I'm pretty spoiled living where I do with skiing 75 minutes away but year round golf as well. I'm golfing this afternoon, skiing tomorrow with my son and a couple of his buddies, and golfing on Sunday in 73* sun. Last weekend was groomers only but me and a couple buddies logged over 76,000 vertical feet on Friday/Saturday.

Back