Smiter Holiday Giveaway 7pmEST Monday

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
So last week I ran a contest for an indeterminate prize, anything not currently in my bag or my kids bag will be up for grabs. This will include a legit chance at my Circle T since for some dumb reason, isn’t currently in my bag. That’s the one thing that there will only be a chance for, not an outright giveaway.

Before I get to the winner and the process, I went to take a moment to thank @Duffer Seamus and @Tevenor Thank you! Because of their incredible generosity we will be sending over $330 to support youth golf. It gets even better as we’re keeping it in house and giving it to a THP’er that does a LOT for youth golf. Unfortunately as a youth sports coach myself lots of times that means you’re reaching into your pocket, so at least his pocket will be a little heavier to start.

Ok on to the winner, @YukonLiving Since the contest he and I discussed wanting to do something fun for the board so we’ll have a live giveaway tomorrow night at 7est. I’ll use this thread so if you wanna follow along it should be fun.

The rules: I will post a picture of the item. Could be a club, a shaft, an iron set, putter, hell its me so it could be anything. @YukonLiving will give me a yay or a nay. Once it’s a nay, that item is off the board. He will be allowed to have one “maybe” so that he doesn’t get to the end and get stuck with a 15 year old wedge, lol. That “maybe” can change, but the prior “maybe” is then off the table.

I gave @Hamfist about a 5% chance to win it earlier this year, just had to make a little 60 footer with it. It was close enough to give me a scare. So I figure that a 5% chance is fair. I just have to determine how to do that. I’d like to do something fun like have an additional small prize on post it’s numbered 1-20 with one of them being the CT. I’d have sent someone I trust the number it’s behind so that it’s documented and fair. I don’t know if I have enough small stuff right now to do that, well maybe all 19 incorrect ones can have the same prize? I’ve got time to think it out.

Anyways, I know he and I will have fun with this. We want to invite the forum along for the ride.

Last edited:
Sounds like it'll be a fun one to watch!

This should be fun! Excited to see what he ends up getting!

That’s the beauty. It’ll all be there and probably edited to clean up where I stop making sense if you’re unable to live follow.

I think I’m known as a little zany on the Internet. Most people that I’ve met probably don’t think that, but I will do all that I can to make this fun.

Too cool! Looking forward to the main event 😃

This should be fun! Excited to see what he ends up getting!

Me too. And a little apprehensive, I didn’t expect someone in the damn Yukon to win so shipping could be fun, lol.

Me too. And a little apprehensive, I didn’t expect someone in the damn Yukon to win so shipping could be fun, lol.

A little apprehensive on the putter too, not gonna lie, lol.

I’m not sure why I’ve got a 10 year old Mizuno/Betti in my bag right now other than I hadn’t got around to changing the grip on the CT. I changed my putting grip and with the shakes I’ve had from meds (4 days to go!) the 5.0 become the grip of choice, not the 3.0 on it.

If you’re lucky enough to win it I’ll send all weights. It has been made heavy to steady my grip with the wobbles of my illness. So it has a 3.0 countercore with a 100g? (I think?) in the grip and 30 gram after markets in the headx2. I have 10 and 15 gram too. I think the 15 grams are the Circle T weights.

Awesome. I will be here to watch the feed as long as work doesn't get in the way.

So freaking cool! I will be following along!!!

Can’t wait for the event.

Can’t wait for the event.

Oh me neither. THP has meant so much to me the past couple years. I pretty much only go here. My post count isn’t the highest but I can assure you that I read as much as I can.

I’m just happy to be able to do something positive for the community. Give back a little to the place that has kept me going through a half dozen life changing events.

Those that know they’ve helped me would rather not be mentioned I’m sure. But I’ve also drawn a lot of strength from folks here that didn’t even know it. I appreciate y’all. Seriously.

We hope to make this fun. I’m pretty sure it will be. I’ve got big plans....

I'm counting down already for tomorrow night! Alarm set! Second alarm set!

So last week I ran a contest for an indeterminate prize, anything not currently in my bag or my kids bag will be up for grabs. This will include a legit chance at my Circle T since for some dumb reason, isn’t currently in my bag. That’s the one thing that there will only be a chance for, not an outright giveaway.

Before I get to the winner and the process, I went to take a moment to thank @Duffer Seamus and @Tevenor Thank you! Because of their incredible generosity we will be sending over $330 to support youth golf. It gets even better as we’re keeping it in house and giving it to a THP’er that does a LOT for youth golf. Unfortunately as a youth sports coach myself lots of times that means you’re reaching into your pocket, so at least his pocket will be a little heavier to start.

Ok on to the winner, @YukonLiving Since the contest he and I discussed wanting to do something fun for the board so we’ll have a live giveaway tomorrow night at 7est. I’ll use this thread so if you wanna follow along it should be fun.

The rules: I will post a picture of the item. Could be a club, a shaft, an iron set, putter, hell its me so it could be anything. @YukonLiving will give me a yay or a nay. Once it’s a nay, that item is off the board. He will be allowed to have one “maybe” so that he doesn’t get to the end and get stuck with a 15 year old wedge, lol. That “maybe” can change, but the prior “maybe” is then off the table.

I gave @Hamfist about a 5% chance to win it earlier this year, just had to make a little 60 footer with it. It was close enough to give me a scare. So I figure that a 5% chance is fair. I just have to determine how to do that. I’d like to do something fun like have an additional small prize on post it’s numbered 1-20 with one of them being the CT. I’d have sent someone I trust the number it’s behind so that it’s documented and fair. I don’t know if I have enough small stuff right now to do that, well maybe all 19 incorrect ones can have the same prize? I’ve got time to think it out.

Anyways, I know he and I will have fun with this. We want to invite the forum along for the ride.
@Smiter - this is going to be one heck of a night! Just how rusty is that old wedge?!

And huge props to @Tevenor and @Duffer Seamus for their glowing contribution to youth golf! THP is such a great place, with such kind and generous people!

@Smiter - this is going to be one heck of a night! Just how rusty is that old wedge?!

And huge props to @Tevenor and @Duffer Seamus for their glowing contribution to youth golf! THP is such a great place, with such kind and generous people!

Absolutely. They took it from fun to THP serious. And I know it’s going to make a difference. That’ll be a lot of rounds for some kids.

If you get down to that last wedge, that’ll be on you. Although I might/could have a surprise in that last slot. Or it could be that old 25 year old Carbite wedge at 68*. I can hit it 15 yards backwards, lol.

You’ll have choices. You’ll have a good amount of choice. Hell, you won’t know what’s coming next. Or when it’ll end. I can’t possibly post all clubs, but you’ll get at least 20 choices to make a decision. Choose wisely:)

Ahh hell, @dduarte85 tell us a little about your work with youth golf. Also PM the post sent your way with PayPal info. Everyone that needs it is included.

Soon as we have it we’ll send it out to you.

This isn’t meant to put you on the spot. You’re the hero in this and I’m just glad we can hopefully make a difference and it’ll allow you to impact even one more youngster. Keep up the good work sir! So long as you’re doing what you’re doing I’ll comtinue to support you as best I can.

Absolutely. They took it from fun to THP serious. And I know it’s going to make a difference. That’ll be a lot of rounds for some kids.

Just paying it forward. Get to support a great idea from @Smiter , get to pay forward just a small part of what THP has already given me, and get to support kids playing golf and growing the game. Win/Win/Win. It's a no brainer.

I'll admit. That Circle-T would be one hell of a prize for @YukonLiving to win if he gets lucky. Good luck bud!

This sounds like fun!

Just paying it forward. Get to support a great idea from @Smiter , get to pay forward just a small part of what THP has already given me, and get to support kids playing golf and growing the game. Win/Win/Win. It's a no brainer.
That's what I love about this place. Feels like it's one family just helping each other out!

If you get down to that last wedge, that’ll be on you. Although I might/could have a surprise in that last slot. Or it could be that old 25 year old Carbite wedge at 68*. I can hit it 15 yards backwards, lol.

You’ll have choices. You’ll have a good amount of choice. Hell, you won’t know what’s coming next. Or when it’ll end. I can’t possibly post all clubs, but you’ll get at least 20 choices to make a decision. Choose wisely:)
Hmm... a 68 degree wedge?! That could be interesting... maybe that'd finally help my approach game. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Hmm... a 68 degree wedge?! That could be interesting... maybe that'd finally help my approach game. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't go that far. Its a wedge, not a magic wand. ;):LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You know some people on THP would stand in line to fight for a rusty wedge! :LOL:

I wouldn't go that far. Its a wedge, not a magic wand. ;):LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Even Harry Potter didn't know how powerful his wand was though! Haha!

Back