So Cobra F9 One length irons - who has gamed them? (or F8s)

I have a great set of OL Speedzones for sale in the Marketplace, shafts are the Recoil 110

2020 follow up with the F9 One Lengths. Wouldn't trade them for anything. They're solid. I probably won't buy a new set of irons for years.

I play 6i-GW with them. Fujikura Atmos shafts.
Std Length 5H and 4H (F9s)
Callaway MD4 54/10 S Grind.

@phoffer, how did you like the stock graphite ATMOS graphite shafts in the F9 one length irons? I see it’s a lighter swing weight than the stock steel.
I just got a pretty good deal on lightly used F9 one length irons with the regular flex Fujikura ATMOS graphite shafts but now I’m worried I jumped the gun as I’ve only tested that club in steel shaft...
Thanks!

@phoffer, how did you like the stock graphite ATMOS graphite shafts in the F9 one length irons? I see it’s a lighter swing weight than the stock steel.
I just got a pretty good deal on lightly used F9 one length irons with the regular flex Fujikura ATMOS graphite shafts but now I’m worried I jumped the gun as I’ve only tested that club in steel shaft...
Thanks!
Hi, and welcome to THP! Personally, I had a good experience with that shaft. It is very lightweight, which I liked, it produced very consistent results for me. I was looking to move into graphite shafts, but it performed equally as well as the best steel shaft I demoed as well.

As always it will be a bit dependent on the person, but it is a good shaft in there. It beat out the Recoil options I had to choose from, so I wouldn't look down on it because it's the stock option.

I will say, I have since moved on to the Forged TECs with a Recoil shaft, but that was to get me a little more spin and steeper descent to fight my naturally low launch/spin swing. But the Atmos shaft was certainly really good for me, and if you got a pretty good deal on them, I wouldn't be worried about it.

Carry distances:

24H - 160 to 169 yds
6i - 160 yds to 169.
7i - 150 yds to 155.
8i - 140 yds to 144.
9i - 132 yds
P - 123 yds
G - 105 yds
S - 95 yds
L - 85 yds (BioCell)

Two things bother me: the gap between the P and the G and the 24H and the 6i. This will take getting used to. It could be mishits, too. I was fatigued when I hit the 24 H. I'll try them on the course tomorrow and see how it goes.

these results are very encouraging. looks very similar to my numbers on traditional set including the gap from the G wedge to the P. With the right shaft, I would like to give these a try at some point.

I went OL in 2018 with the FTB, Took maybe 2 or 3 rounds to really adjust but really like them. they have consistent gapping and IF I was upgrading and getting another set of Cobra clubs would definitely get another set of One Length clubs.

Hardest part is remembering to setup every iron like a 7I.

Hi, and welcome to THP! Personally, I had a good experience with that shaft. It is very lightweight, which I liked, it produced very consistent results for me. I was looking to move into graphite shafts, but it performed equally as well as the best steel shaft I demoed as well.

As always it will be a bit dependent on the person, but it is a good shaft in there. It beat out the Recoil options I had to choose from, so I wouldn't look down on it because it's the stock option.

I will say, I have since moved on to the Forged TECs with a Recoil shaft, but that was to get me a little more spin and steeper descent to fight my naturally low launch/spin swing. But the Atmos shaft was certainly really good for me, and if you got a pretty good deal on them, I wouldn't be worried about it.

To add to this, I have the f7's, f8's, and f9's. The first two are the stock steel shafts, the F9's are the atmos graphite shafts. I originally bought the F7's used on the cheap just to try out and had some really good success with them, they are still my second favorite OL irons. I used them for almost a year before I ordered the F9's with graphite, thinking the lighter club might gain me a bit of swing speed. I didn't get along with them originally but I was also dealing with some swing flaws that I've almost got ironed out now.

Because I wasn't getting along with them very well I found a used set of F8's. They are good clubs but I seem to get along a little better with the F7's. On a lark I brought out the F9's again after a few lessons and now I'm in love with them. I feel like I'm putting a better swing on them then I was and they are really responding. I feel like one length will be in my bag for a long time.

The Forged Tecs are on my radar for my fitting on the 29th, and I have always been intrigued with this OL stuff. How are you getting along with the FTs vs the F9s? My irons play is pretty good with my miss being a hook, so I am hoping that I can game the FTs.

The Forged Tecs are on my radar for my fitting on the 29th, and I have always been intrigued with this OL stuff. How are you getting along with the FTs vs the F9s? My irons play is pretty good with my miss being a hook, so I am hoping that I can game the FTs.
I love them. They are a little more demanding than the F9s, but I have really enjoyed playing them. I went to a higher launch/spin shaft, and while they do launch a lot higher and spin more, they are still a couple yards longer than the F9s. The forgiveness is surprisingly good for them, especially retaining spin on poor strikes.

They won't magically cure a hook, but you could always try jumbo grips like I do haha

Back