Speeder 6.2 VC TS

AG47

Reaction score
Handicap
PRO
I am looking into putting this shaft into my 913D3 but I can not find anyone that has one for me to test. Does anyone have experience with this shaft? If so, what are your thoughts on the shaft? I am stuck between this shaft the Fugikura Pro and the Fuel TS. I need something with lower launch and spin than my Whiteboard and these 3 fit the bill spec wise.

I have the Taylormade R1 version of this shaft and used it for a while when I had the R1. It definitely was a lower launching shaft for me over the stock shaft. My impressions are it was looking for someone with a quicker swing tempo which I am working on getting away from. Spin wise I would say it was similar to the Diamana ahina that I gamed for a while in the R11s and when swung correctly would bring the numbers down and give it a more boring flight. Neither of these were the OEM version so some would say it's not the true shaft. I've tried it in the SLDR for a bit but something didn't seem right in that combo so its not in use anymore and is sitting in a spare bag for me. Not sure if that's much help though for you.

I have the Taylormade R1 version of this shaft and used it for a while when I had the R1. It definitely was a lower launching shaft for me over the stock shaft. My impressions are it was looking for someone with a quicker swing tempo which I am working on getting away from. Spin wise I would say it was similar to the Diamana ahina that I gamed for a while in the R11s and when swung correctly would bring the numbers down and give it a more boring flight. Neither of these were the OEM version so some would say it's not the true shaft. I've tried it in the SLDR for a bit but something didn't seem right in that combo so its not in use anymore and is sitting in a spare bag for me. Not sure if that's much help though for you.
That was exactly what I was looking for. I hit the ball fairly high, even with my 8.5 driver and an X flex Whiteboard. I carry the ball 270-280 but I get very little roll so I am sacrificing distance. This shaft may just be what I am looking for!

That was exactly what I was looking for. I hit the ball fairly high, even with my 8.5 driver and an X flex Whiteboard. I carry the ball 270-280 but I get very little roll so I am sacrificing distance. This shaft may just be what I am looking for!

If you really want low launch and spin I would suggest you look at the Matrix Black Tie. I have the 7m3 and it is a spin killer low launch shaft. It's also sitting in the bag for me since I got a Tour Ad DI-6 Stiff this week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you really want low launch and spin I would suggest you look at the Matrix Black Tie. I have the 7m3 and it is a spin killer low launch shaft. It's also sitting in the bag for me since I got a Tour Ad DI-6 Stiff this week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I had the Black Tie in my RFX last year. It didnt quite get my spin number down to where I needed them in the 2300 rpm range. My numbers were between 27-2800 which is not optimal for my Swing speed and launch. The Whiteboard got me close but I am still not down to my optimal range.

Have you tried the new speeder 757? I just got one and it lowered my launch and spin by a significant amount.

If the Black Tie can't get the spin numbers down for you I'm not sure that the Speeder 6.2 TS will either. For me I saw a slightly higher launch angle and more spin using it vs the Black Tie.

Have you tried the new speeder 757? I just got one and it lowered my launch and spin by a significant amount.

I looked at the specs and with it being a mid launch shaft I never gave it a second look.

I looked at the specs and with it being a mid launch shaft I never gave it a second look.
You must hit the ball a mile in the air even with 8.5 loft. Crazy

I have hit it a few times it just played too boardy for me

You must hit the ball a mile in the air even with 8.5 loft. Crazy

It use to be worse than it is now. At one time I hit the ball so high and with so much spin that my 4i would spin back on a green. My problem then turned out to be that my shafts were too weak. I have the right iron shafts now but the shafts in my woods just don't preform like I need them to.

It use to be worse than it is now. At one time I hit the ball so high and with so much spin that my 4i would spin back on a green. My problem then turned out to be that my shafts were too weak. I have the right iron shafts now but the shafts in my woods just don't preform like I need them to.
Please don't take offense to this, but I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Please don't take offense to this, but I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

100% serious! My shots use to go sky high and balloon like crazy. As soon as I put 6.5s in my last set my ball flight dropped and went into a piercing trajectory. They were a little heavy so I went to X100s and my flight stayed the same but now I don't fatigue as easy.

100% serious! My shots use to go sky high and balloon like crazy. As soon as I put 6.5s in my last set my ball flight dropped and went into a piercing trajectory. They were a little heavy so I went to X100s and my flight stayed the same but now I don't fatigue as easy.
Gotcha, must be nice to have that height. I could use some

I like the boardy feeling in my shafts so that is a plus for me.
then it might be a good match you should also look at the Fuel

You tried the Rombax Z series before? Amazing shafts with low spin/launch. I love mine.

The Fuel TS was one of the options that came back on my online fitting.
You can call them too for some good info. They are very good with customers and will make some suggestions for you.

You tried the Rombax Z series before? Amazing shafts with low spin/launch. I love mine.

I have not been able to get my hands on one. They are not currently on their site so I wasn't even considering the Rombax Z series. The 7 or 8 might work nicely.

Back