Srixon Z 585 Irons and Z 785 Irons

I asked this in the Z765 thread but will ask this here too since I'm guess (may be wrong) the Z785 is the same. Has anyone pulled shafts from their Z785 that can tell me how long they measure in raw length (without grip)? Looking to pick up some shaft pulls but am unsure how long the shafts need to be to be considered Srixon Standard (or longer). Thanks.

Just got my Z785 set from CC and got them out on the course today. Holy smokes.....what a difference is made having irons actually fit to you! I was getting small, squarish divots, as opposed to the weird crescent shaped ones from my old clubs. My big pull hook miss was mostly eliminated. I can still snatch it if I get too quick and handsy, trying to beat balls into the wind, but for the most part, I can get after these if I want, and not have a terrible fear of the left side. Having the proper lie angle helps I guess. I still have zero idea about where they are going to settle in distance-wise, due to gale wind blowing all day, but I'm definitely seeing shots start better on my line. I'll play again Thursday with less wind, and I'm looking forward to that. I did manage to hit two greens with long, straight 4i shots, after taking one of my hybrids out and putting the 4i in with the new set. Maybe my favorite club in the set is the AW! it's not just gorgeous, but it's a dart throwing machine. If Srixon would put out a complete line of wedges all the way to a lob wedge based on that one, I'd be down to buy them today. It's not a cavity back club like the rest of the set, but a straight blade wedge, and it's awesome. The sound and feel of these are better than my Mizzy MP25s. By quite a bit. I really think I'm about to see some strokes come off my index with these sticks in the bag.

These 785’s with recoil shafts are such an easy iron to hit and so pure. They still feel just as good as they did when I first got to hit them. My favorite swing/shot with them is the 3/4 knockdown shot that cuts through the wind. Can’t say enough on how good the consistency of the Srixon irons is.

It’s been a while peeps, but updates have been made to bag and I couldn’t be happier. Originally I had the combo set of U85/785 irons, but I just struggled to get the U85’s under control. So I ended up picking up some 785 4-6i heads and finally got to put them in play last weekend.

I am extremely inconsistent right now because I had to step away from the game for a bit, but my irons were easily the best part of my game this past weekend. The 785’s have always given me a lot of confidence when standing over the ball so I’m sure that helped a ton! After having these in the bag for almost a year the distance control is still something that sticks out to me as it’s best attributes. I honestly hit way more greens, especially on par 3’s, then I could have imagined this past weekend.

It’s been a while peeps, but updates have been made to bag and I couldn’t be happier. Originally I had the combo set of U85/785 irons, but I just struggled to get the U85’s under control. So I ended up picking up some 785 4-6i heads and finally got to put them in play last weekend.

I am extremely inconsistent right now because I had to step away from the game for a bit, but my irons were easily the best part of my game this past weekend. The 785’s have always given me a lot of confidence when standing over the ball so I’m sure that helped a ton! After having these in the bag for almost a year the distance control is still something that sticks out to me as it’s best attributes. I honestly hit way more greens, especially on par 3’s, then I could have imagined this past weekend.

Do you think gapping has improved/changed? Or just better control with the new setup (albeit small sample size)?

Do you think gapping has improved/changed? Or just better control with the new setup (albeit small sample size)?

I really just struggled a bit with the shot shape and distance control of the U85 long irons. I think the gapping is engineered correctly and would work well for a lot of people, it just wasn’t a great fit for me. Probably with a little more tinkering with lie angles or possibly a shaft change and they would have worked. I just really like everything I get from the 785’s, so when I caught someone selling the 4-6i I jumped on them.

I really just struggled a bit with the shot shape and distance control of the U85 long irons. I think the gapping is engineered correctly and would work well for a lot of people, it just wasn’t a great fit for me. Probably with a little more tinkering with lie angles or possibly a shaft change and they would have worked. I just really like everything I get from the 785’s, so when I caught someone selling the 4-6i I jumped on them.

Makes sense, thanks for the feedback and glad to see you around again (glad your wife is healing well)

Makes sense, thanks for the feedback and glad to see you around again (glad your wife is healing well)

Thanks buddy, much appreciated! It’s good to be back!

I literally went through over 100 sets of irons.....I'm so done since acquiring the Z585/Z785 combo!

Changed SHAFTS from standard kbs tour reg 110g to KBS ctaper95 regular......plays more like $taper lite .....very strong , high flight with tighter dispersion(less curvature) while still feeling like kbs.....actually plays similar to modus 105 20200623_112053.jpg20200623_112111.jpg

regardless of how sexy the new Z5 and Z7 will look, my Z585/Z785 combo is beyond safe for a long time......that is all

Back