Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

I bought a ZX5 Driver when the price dropped. This is a really hot driver That is really easy to hit.

Nice! Definitely a good choice. Way underrated.

Nice! Definitely a good choice. Way underrated.
I feel like I missed the boat on the ZX5 Driver. I have gained some yards and the forgiveness is really good. I had a few shocking swings with it over the weekend and I was in play on most of them. I hit a few bombs with it too.

Took a flier on a ZX5 this weekend with the stock Riptide, and I gotta say I'm pretty smitten with early feedback and results. I was playing with two older ladies yesterday who commented on multiple holes "you hit the ball too far for us to see where it's going!". The feel of the rebound is pretty interesting, and I was seeing a nice high launch. Looking forward to getting this one back out and comparing it against what's currently in the bag.

Guys at the Srixon experience inspired me to try their woods. I grabbed a zx7 mk2 from our pro shop to test
IMG_6760.jpeg
IMG_6762.jpeg

I love the sound off the driver. I don’t love the shaft so much it’s launching me to the moon.

Center adjacent contact and it’s almost as loud as a ping. But it put me out here about 270 after rollout Dead Center of the fairway so maybe I can live with that sound lol.
IMG_6765.jpeg

It is so loud, but man it goes I’m hitting it a good 10 yards further than I usually do on my course.

I don't think it's all that loud.

definitely more on the sharper/metallic spectrum than some others, but not loud.

I am hitting it very well though so sound isn’t a huge concern for me. I like the performance

I was able to put the ZX5 MKII LS into play today, and I’m impressed with this driver even after one round.

The sound is louder than my Aerojet, but not egregious like say a Ping driver. I played in 50° weather with a steady 10 mph wind. The course was wet and soft providing very little roll out.

I hit it on 9 different holes and hit 7/9 fairways with it and was impressed by its distance, here are the results.

Hole 1: Wind in/ Fairway Hit/ 245 yards
Hole 2: Wind In/ Fairway Hit/ 255 yards
Hole 5: Wind helping/ Fairway Missed- Long/ 262 yards
Hole 6: Wind In/ Fairway Hit/ 252 yards
Hole 7: Wind helping/ Fairway Hit/ 270 yards
Hole 10: Wind helping/ Fairway Hit/ 291 yards
Hole 12: Wind In/ Fairway missed- Left/ 259 yards
Hole 16: Wind helping/ Fairway Hit/ 265 yards
Hole 18: Wind In/ Fairway Hit/ 251 yards

Note: According to Shot Scope Data my P-Avg with the Aerojet is 259 yards.

Last edited:
Back