No little “jumpers” that surprise coming off the face with chips?
The V Sole really helps eliminate the shots where the clubs gets caught in the grass and kills the follow through so it kind of narrows it down to those shots where I don’t follow through properly which is really on me.

Anything inside 105 I don't do well with the A or Pitching Wedges, not sure if it's the Sole or what. Inside 105 I'm using my 54 or 60 for everything.

Anything inside 105 I don't do well with the A or Pitching Wedges, not sure if it's the Sole or what. Inside 105 I'm using my 54 or 60 for everything.
Would you say you are more shallow or steep with swing?

Would you say you are more shallow or steep with swing?
Somewhat steep. I try not to be too steep to save my joints. I know these Irons are not at there best with shallow or Pickers.
The only partials I've tried is by choking down on Shaft but have not practiced, nor played enough to do that consistently like I did back when I played a lot.

I added some lead tape to my ZX 4 w/ Recoil as the head was just too light. Went from C-9 to D1 and they feel 100% better.

How much softer flex do you think the Recoil will play with the 2 SW increase? I hope not too much as plan B is lighter grips.

Played 18 today. I love my ZX5 irons. There just nearly perfect irons for me.

Wondering if anyone is playing any of the zx5 1 degree strong. I’ve been playing a mix of zx5 and zx4 but am filling out a few more zx5. Thinking of going 1 degree strong with the 8 and 7 (after that I’m into hybrid).

"NEARLY", Bite your 👅 😀
Honestly you're right. I have no desire to look at other irons for the first time in forever. It's like these are better no point. Only thing I've been considering is adding an AW.

Honestly you're right. I have no desire to look at other irons for the first time in forever. It's like these are better no point. Only thing I've been considering is adding an AW.
Very happy with my AW! You won't be disappointed.

My most recent experiment has been with a few Darkspeed irons. I hit a number of balls with the zx5mk2 AW (50*) and DS GW (47.5*). I hit them the same distance (full swing) and my dispersion was tighter with the zx5. Totally ymmv but it convinced me to add a few more zx5. Am doing a Titleist wedge fitting week after next, been doing will with my Vokey 60M, very curious to see how the AW fits into the fit.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone is playing any of the zx5 1 degree strong. I’ve been playing a mix of zx5 and zx4 but am filling out a few more zx5. Thinking of going 1 degree strong with the 8 and 7 (after that I’m into hybrid).
For those playing along at home, I ended up doing the experiment and getting ZX5 8i bent 1 degree strong. Just hit that back to back with the ZX4 8i (standard loft) and damned if I didn't hit the ZX5 as long and more consistent. Something clicked, though I also changed my setup a bit to get further from the ball to help flatten things out.

It's always something...

The Srixon reps were pretty excited about some non-contracted players switching to these before the Masters. Good grouo of players. And I just saw an article on Jason Day deciding to use them. It's hard not to think of him and just picture the sweater now, but he mentions how the big thing for him was getting a little less spin and gaining some control from that.

I noticed a Player or two playing Srixon during Men's College. Do I understand that they cannot take things from Manufacturer, or has that changed.

I noticed a Player or two playing Srixon during Men's College. Do I understand that they cannot take things from Manufacturer, or has that changed.
That’s changed. name, Image and Likeness.

The Srixon reps were pretty excited about some non-contracted players switching to these before the Masters. Good grouo of players. And I just saw an article on Jason Day deciding to use them. It's hard not to think of him and just picture the sweater now, but he mentions how the big thing for him was getting a little less spin and gaining some control from that.
Now all I see are Baggy Pants on him.

Went to PGASS today after the gym. They had the black ZX5 and 7. Holy smokes did they look good. Like so good.

Played in a scramble yesterday. One of my teammates said, "Boy, you hit those irons well and they sound so good when you do" I agree!!!

Went to PGASS today after the gym. They had the black ZX5 and 7. Holy smokes did they look good. Like so good.
And you didn’t think to snap a pic? Shame!

I’m a sucker for black irons and wedges. Will have to keep my eyes out for these.

I continue to love these irons so much. After a few lessons I’m striking them better than o have since I got them over a year ago. I was hammering my 8i today. Averaged 148 with it during my practice session which is a lot for me and I think I’m finally starting to utilize the help the ZX4 were meant to give a golfer like me.

And you didn’t think to snap a pic? Shame!

I’m a sucker for black irons and wedges. Will have to keep my eyes out for these.
I’ll snap one next time I’m there. I’m going to guess it’s soon. I’m starting to get how you doing where they recognize me rather than just being nice. One of the guys that works there sees me and he plays a zx4/5 combo and asks me how there going every time im there.

Back