For those that combo set the irons, how much difference is there in feel from model to model?
To me, the ZX4 has a nice click and even with the added weight I can feel it a bit more than the ZX5. The ZX5 is a little more buttery. But I’ve only been to the range once with these and as stated above I’m hitting the ZX5’s a little better than the 4’s so with time that may change. They both feel really good but simply a bit different. Just my opinion.

For those that combo set the irons, how much difference is there in feel from model to model?
I combo the zx7 and 5 at the 5i. Looking down at them from address I can’t really seem much of a difference. Hitting them I would say the zx5 might have a slightly higher ball flight. They gap with each other perfectly, I can work the 4 and 5i zx5 just as easily as I can the 6i in the zx7.

I combo the zx7 and 5 at the 5i. Looking down at them from address I can’t really seem much of a difference. Hitting them I would say the zx5 might have a slightly higher ball flight. They gap with each other perfectly, I can work the 4 and 5i zx5 just as easily as I can the 6i in the zx7.
Ball height on 5s, I'm there with ya. Originally thought these were a lot lower than my Zings but in truth it was my Swing. I can now get plenty of height... still working on getting my spin back. I miss the rip back of Ball hitting Green.

I wish Srixon done the 50% trade bonus like Callaway and Taylormade

Second day at the range. Im afraid I made a mistake with these. I should have gone with all ZX5's. I just hit them so much cleaner than the ZX4's. I get better ball height from the ZX5's. It the weight of the ZX4 I simply can't get use to. It may be Ebay time for the 4-7i. Im gonna give it a another few days to a week and see. First round is tomorrow morning. I will say this, the ZX4 is loooong. It zooms.

The ZX5 irons continue to be loooong for me. Yesterday I'm out playing 9 holes. The first par 5, I'm out 225 to the middle, 210 to the front. So I pull the 5i. Hit it right on the front. Come to the next par 5, a little more uphill, I have 196 up to the pin, so I pull out the 6i and I flew the green. o_O Yes I play at a higher elevation, but man these irons have some power. I'm working on dialing in distances, so I can be more accurate, but they feel good and fly!
I think I would have to be on the moon to hit a 5i that far.

I am definitely getting good distance for me out of the Zx5 with Dart 75 combo but a 175-180 yard 5i is solid.

Today I had a couple of swings where the forgiveness showed through. I hit a 8i thin on our third hole where missing the green is death and the ball carried onto the green.

I am getting more comfortable with the shafts and I think they are going to be good.

It's incremental. I notice the biggest difference between the 5 and 7 but we're all different.

Well I just finished my first actual round with the ZX4/ZX5 combos. I hit the short course and played from the tips. ZX5’s still continue to impress. Still struggling with the weight of the ZX4’s. Especially the 7i. I did hit one green from 187 and another from 180 with the ZX4 5i. Really enjoying the Modus 3 120 gram shafts. Im going to list these next week and get a full set of ZX5’s so if anyone is interested…..

There is a decent amount between a ZX5 and a ZX4. Both feel good but the 4 feels a little softer to me. I actually prefer the 5 feel though. Perfect amount of thud and snap.

Another round under my belt with the 7s. Didn’t hit them much and not necessarily great, but they performed well. Few misses still end up pin high. Hit one slightly on the fat side and the v sole just felt like it glides through.

I do have another set of clubs on the way, and even though the 7s aren’t my 100% my ideal look, I’m getting the feeling that there going to beat everything I try.

The ZX5 irons continue to be loooong for me. Yesterday I'm out playing 9 holes. The first par 5, I'm out 225 to the middle, 210 to the front. So I pull the 5i. Hit it right on the front. Come to the next par 5, a little more uphill, I have 196 up to the pin, so I pull out the 6i and I flew the green. o_O Yes I play at a higher elevation, but man these irons have some power. I'm working on dialing in distances, so I can be more accurate, but they feel good and fly!
I have the ZX5s now and when I was fit we decided to bend them 2 degrees weak. Helped tighten things up a bit and I haven’t noticed any difference in turf interaction. If you’re already getting plenty of distance but want more accuracy it might be something to look at. Set up like that, they may be some of the most accurate irons I’ve played.

Another round under my belt with the 7s. Didn’t hit them much and not necessarily great, but they performed well. Few misses still end up pin high. Hit one slightly on the fat side and the v sole just felt like it glides through.

I do have another set of clubs on the way, and even though the 7s aren’t my 100% my ideal look, I’m getting the feeling that there going to beat everything I try.
When you say "did not hit them much", did you only play 9 holes Or did you have another set of irons to play?

I have the ZX5s now and when I was fit we decided to bend them 2 degrees weak. Helped tighten things up a bit and I haven’t noticed any difference in turf interaction. If you’re already getting plenty of distance but want more accuracy it might be something to look at. Set up like that, they may be some of the most accurate irons I’ve played.
2 degs, do you know diff in height for before and after?

ZX5’s are super consistent. Getting my distance dialed in and starting to land near where I want a lot. Bending them a bit weak has done exactly what I hoped. Added some spin and straitness. They really don’t want to turn over for me, especially left.

2 degs, do you know diff in height for before and after?
Sorry I don’t. I’m not normally a high ball hitter with my irons so that may have been a factor too. The reference irons we used during that fitting was an old set of Wilson Fluid Feel blades (which weren’t the irons I was gaming at the time) and I told him I wanted something similar in performance but with modern tech and forgiveness. The Srixons are still about a club stronger but I think he did a really great job and these may be my favorite irons of all time. I think the shafts we went with play a big part of that but they’re such a nice combination of forgiveness and turf interaction without all the gapping and accuracy problems I consistently fought with other modern strong lofted clubs.

10/10 greens and 4 birdies on approach or tee with with ZX7/Z Forged II combo today. Card had one red mark for non-GIR after plugging in a fairway bunker off the tee. So it was good.

My current setup still pisses me off being short and full of lead tape, but good is good. And in Bermuda these Srixons are damn good. Couple little misses worked out well and the good ones were on their shape and number like a champ. Still blows my mind the MK IIs got better. I didn't think there was much room for that.

Went to the range and tried to test the workability of the ZX4's. I'm not the best at shaping shots, but can do it in a pinch from time to time.

Tried to draw the 8i and 6i. The 8i didn't move much, but had a draw to it. The 6i moved a lot off of the tee, but not so much off the ground.

Tried to put a cut on both of them and it just wasn't working for me. If I really tried, I could get athe 6i to cut a bit.

This is definitely a swing thing for me. Someone with more skill should be able to. The ZX4's just like going straight.

10/10 greens and 4 birdies on approach or tee with with ZX7/Z Forged II combo today. Card had one red mark for non-GIR after plugging in a fairway bunker off the tee. So it was good.

My current setup still pisses me off being short and full of lead tape, but good is good. And in Bermuda these Srixons are damn good. Couple little misses worked out well and the good ones were on their shape and number like a champ. Still blows my mind the MK IIs got better. I didn't think there was much room for that.

Comments like this are going to make me go out and upgrade to the MK IIs. Damn you!;)

You won’t be disappointed

I’m already a huge Srixon/Cleveland fan and have played their irons exclusively since 2017. I added these beauties to the bag this spring. I’m going to have to order another set of these wedges as well. :ROFLMAO:

6D06070E-D957-41B4-9E39-341ECF19ACDE.jpeg

I want to be OldandStiff... wait, I am. Where's the Advil Hon.

So what else could be done to correct club weight other than all that lead tape?

Back