Where do you place Catalyst in that grouping?
Hmmmm....

1) Recoil
2) MMT
3) ACCRA i
4) TGI
5) Catalyst
6) SteelFiber

Just my personal opinion of course.

Big gap from 2 to 3, massive gap from 3 to the rest.

I have Steel Fiber i 95 in my Miura 501 and Recoil in my Mizuno Hot Metal. i 95 go longer and lower (could be partly the Miura heads) . Less feel than the Recoil. Both tight dispersion for me. As I age (69 now) I would go with the Recoil but for you young guns, both great shafts.

The TGI are solid, enjoyable iron shafts. I still think they’re not on the level of Recoils though. Honestly, the only two I’ve found that are, are the MMT’s and ACCRA, and even then, edge goes to Recoi.
Thanks

I have Steel Fiber i 95 in my Miura 501 and Recoil in my Mizuno Hot Metal. i 95 go longer and lower (could be partly the Miura heads) . Less feel than the Recoil. Both tight dispersion for me. As I age (69 now) I would go with the Recoil but for you young guns, both great shafts.
Thanks,BTW at just turning 73 and I guess you would have me in the recoils,LOL. I did play the i95 regular in Apex 2014-15. Last 50 years spent first 35 running 3-5 miles 5-7 days a week and never missing even with a bad hangover. Since a surgery in 2003 been in gym 5-7 days a week. Before all aforementioned played Div I football. That all said I'm still 73 with some replaced body parts and need more. My 105 driver SS is now probably around 90 and I should play sticks that eventhough use half the rotation I use to have, still should be adequate to get the job done. Sorry for rant but I still can't believe I am 73 if you know what I mean.

Back