Sub 45" driver length...anyone?

I have a standard women's length of 44.5. I'm short 5'2" and often wondered if I should have it cut down a bit, but recently I seem to have found my groove with it, so I'll let it be for now.

I am actually going to try this with a shaft i just bought. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I am actually going to try this with a shaft i just bought. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

just a suggestion to keep an eye on your swing weight. May need some lead tape or heavier weights on the head.

just a suggestion to keep an eye on your swing weight. May need some lead tape or heavier weights on the head.

Will do for sure i had read that! Thank you for the heads up (y)

44.75 driver 42.5 3 will , more consistent for me

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

I've never played anything longer than 44.5". I get shorter and more crooked with a 45" or longer driver.

I went long. After hitting a cobra f8 at the tru temper event i went to 47”. Lost a tad of distance but i hit it straight as an arrow. As my arm continues to strengthen after bicep surgery my length is coming back but still hitting it straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite M3 setup is 44.5". Looks ridiculously short standing over it, but plays really straight and consistent. I did add about 4g to the front weight to find the right feel though.

Hmmmmm.... my driver is 45.75". Works ok for me. Not going to obsess over this. ;)

I have everything shafted at 44.75" now and will likely try something at 44" soon. I sometimes have faster swing speeds with my 3-wood than my driver and I don't know why. I feel a little less stuck with a shorter club with the way I am swinging right now.

My driver is just short of 45", I think it may actually play 45" to the end of the grip. Just the length that I have played since my first Graphite shafted driver and I have stuck with it since then.

I'm just under 45". 3 wood at about 42", 5 wood around 41"

However, I'm short unlike Cameron champ and Bubba Watson

I bought a 44.5” Rogue on a whim and was just fit into an Epic Flash. The sweet spot for me was 44.5” and it arrived today. Winning!

Think I’m gonna cut one of my backups to 44.25” and see how it goes.

I am 5’ 4” and play mine at 45" to end of the shaft or 45 1/8 to the end of the grip.

I used to play at 44” but found my swing got pretty steep and I would tend to come over the top and pull the ball. The longer the driver for me the more I seem to come inside out.

At 45.75” I would push the ball out to the right too far.
45” seems to be the sweet spot for me. Could probably go 44.5-44.75 and be fine too.. I just worry about the swing weight getting a bit low as right now my setup is a D0.

I play my driver shaft at 44.5" and love it.

My driver length is 44.5", I just feel more comfortable with it and it helps me make better center face contact for my swing.

At lunch....just ran to the shop and cut down a backup shaft for my G4hundoMaximus to play at 44.75. Then ran quickly to the range to whack a few......my thoughts....

Measured my M6 with the stock shaft today and it was 46" and D6! Yikes!

Chopped an inch off and now it is D1. Gonna stick a few pieces of lead tape on it and see how she goes. Feels nice.

I got my hands on a shaft that is an exact match to mine thanks to @rogt . I took it in and had 1 inch cut off and re-gripped . I added a 17.5 gram slider weight and went to the range last night! I am super happy to report that i have never ever hit the center of the face so much on my driver. I was always on the heel no matter what i did. I hit about 20 drives today at my lesson all with nice beautiful flight. I only pushed 1 to the right and that was totally my bad for not getting my hips turned through the swing. I still need need to work on the AOA but that is another story!epic 1.jpgepic 2.jpg

I am super pumped at the results i am seeing. I am playing all weekend so hopefully i see a lot of fairways!

Glad it helped you out! You definitely have to balance the head and the swing weight. I’ve noticed on my epic flash subzero that I’m heading out on the tow more than what I ever have so I’ve been choking down on my grip to offset and I still haven’t got it completely in the center, tried going to a shorter shaft but didn’t balance it out and it just didn’t feel right. Might have to do what you did to see if it helps

Glad it helped you out! You definitely have to balance the head and the swing weight. I’ve noticed on my epic flash subzero that I’m heading out on the tow more than what I ever have so I’ve been choking down on my grip to offset and I still haven’t got it completely in the center, tried going to a shorter shaft but didn’t balance it out and it just didn’t feel right. Might have to do what you did to see if it helps

The club feels good I think I could have used a 15.5 sliding weight but went just A bit heavier in case I was going to trim it down anymore. Thank you again for the help in getting the shaft!

Last edited:
Not too long ago it seems, that the drivers were 43" - 44".
I had also ventured into the 47" length when everyone was going to longer and lighter, took a little time to get the timing on releasing the club head but I had the longest driving average for my golf game.
As I get aged and not able to generate enough club head speed for the lengthy drivers; I am moving back to shorter driver length. Gradually from 47" back down to 45 1/2".
I did go as short as 43 1/2" but it sacrificed more yardage than I care to give away at this point.
So right now for my driver length , I have shafts that can go into the driver head ( thank goodness for the hosel adapter ) to play at 45 1/2" - 44". Not needing to pull the shaft from the hosel and wait for the epoxy to cure is one of the greatest invention in golf equipment.

I play around 44.5 and have found the center more often that way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back