Sun Mountain C130

4hourrule

Callaway UW 17deg Tester... ask away.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
?
Have a chance to pick up slightly used 2019 C130. I have read they are large and tend to tip. I walk with Push Cart on Cooler days and my current bag will not even stand up. At $125 it's a great deal but is it worth with the negatives. Thanks.

I think mine is a 2019 model, it stands up okay, and fits on both my Bagboy Quad push cart and my MGI Zip Navigator AT really well. That sounds like a great price if its in top shape, I'd probably go for it.

I have a 2019 I think, it fits fine in my smaller push cart with some finagling.. the bottom of the bag had to be fairly pushed to the bottom of the cart, not an issue and never comes out

The C-130 is front heavy and doesn't stand up well, it's my biggest complaint about them and I've owned several over the years that all had the same problem. You either store them leaning against something or you're going to return to find them lying on the floor.

As much as I like the C-130 on a riding cart, I'm not at all a fan of it on a push cart. It fits well enough, but the club layout (if you load it as designed) is backwards for a push cart, with driver/woods on the bottom. After being frustrated with the C-130 on my push cart, I bought a Sun Mountain Sync - the design is much better if you're going to be walking/pushing.

Getting a lightly used C-130 for $125 is very good, IMHO. Congratulations.

i don't know what design changes they made but my 22 C130 stands just fine.

I'm sooo torn... don't want to spend any money if it's gonna tip like my current Bag.:banghead:

I make it a point to stand it by a wall with the front of the bag facing in. Easy enough to do if you've learned that lesson the hard way like me with a few dinged irons.

It's awesome for storage.

For walking if you fill all of that storage it's heavy to push, so only load it with what you need. The bag itself isn't too heavy but it'll gobble up a lot of golf balls and other junk. Fits on my Bag Boy Nitron very nicely.
When walking I put my quick grab items in the cart storage and load the bag face down. As mentioned the cart bag design means the clubs are backwards when walking, so doing this keeps them in the same pattern as on a drive cart.

I make it a point to stand it by a wall with the front of the bag facing in. Easy enough to do if you've learned that lesson the hard way like me with a few dinged irons.

It's awesome for storage.

For walking if you fill all of that storage it's heavy to push, so only load it with what you need. The bag itself isn't too heavy but it'll gobble up a lot of golf balls and other junk. Fits on my Bag Boy Nitron very nicely.
When walking I put my quick grab items in the cart storage and load the bag face down. As mentioned the cart bag design means the clubs are backwards when walking, so doing this keeps them in the same pattern as on a drive cart.
You are not helping... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well the decision was made for me, he sold it last night. Did I dodge a Bullet?o_O

i don't know what design changes they made but my 22 C130 stands just fine.
I must load mine heavier than the people who don't have trouble with tipping. :LOL: Every one of them I've had has been front-heavy. It's not a deal breaker to me and I still love them as cart bags for all the storage, the quality, and how all the pockets are laid out, the tipping has always been my one gripe with them.

I must load mine heavier than the people who don't have trouble with tipping. :LOL: Every one of them I've had has been front-heavy. It's not a deal breaker to me and I still love them as cart bags for all the storage, the quality, and how all the pockets are laid out, the tipping has always been my one gripe with them.

I remember when I was getting ready to buy and there was another thread where you mentioned it... It gave me pause but I love the blue and it checks the boxes you mention... I will say this, when I know I'm not gonna play for a few days, I do lean it against the wall in the closet.

It's too bad they couldn't of put feet under front that would slide on a recessed tract when standing up

My 2019 C-130 is tippy. Much more so than the Motocaddy Pro Series I was using before it.

if you still want one, Carl’s has them on sale for $180.

Last edited:
1,000% worth it. I love my C-130 for push cart mafia action! Plenty of space for “stuff” and all organized very well!

My 2019 C-130 is tippy. Much more so than the Motocaddy Pro Series I was using before it.

if you still want one, Carl’s has them on sale for $180.
I recently bought one of the 2019s from Carl's and it is solid and stable. Not tippy at all.

I have had two C-130 bags. The older one I had was very tippy, but the newer one (2019) is very stable. We just ride in a cart when we play and the C-130 is fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Something else I noticed, the Cooler Pouch is on the side. My current Bag has it frt and low, I love the location.
I now see Moto Caddie has a deal on their Dry Bag for $149. So many choices out there and I don't want to make a mistake again.

I had two C-130 bags both very tippy .Bought a Sync bag like it very much plenty of storage and not as heavy .

I had two C-130 bags both very tippy .Bought a Sync bag like it very much plenty of storage and not as heavy .
You're not helping. 😀
I did notice the Sync, is Cooler in frt?

No on the side not very big either but quart of Gatoade fits in pocket . Glad I'm putting another THPer into a question about spending money :LOL:

You're not helping. 😀
I did notice the Sync, is Cooler in frt?
Cooler is in the side pocket on Sync, same as the C-130. The Sync isn't as tippy either.

See my comments above in post #4 comparing the two. The C-130 is a much better cart bag, the Sync is a much better push cart bag. If you're doing mostly push cart I'd go with the Sync.

Thanks but I prefer a Bag with central Cooler

Back