NeverWiff

Reaction score
Handicap
13.4 GHIN
Anybody use a Sunday bag, or other small-ish carry bag ? Thinking about picking one up for 2021. Closest I have is a 35 year old Jones golf bag, which is pretty crusty, and has seen better days. Thanks!

Sunday bag, not my cup of tea.
But-
I can’t decide if I’d wear a fanny pack or carry a cash bag!

Sunday bag, not my cup of tea.
But-
I can’t decide if I’d wear a fanny pack or carry a cash bag!
I'm all about that fanny pack life.

I always see a lot of “mint” used Sunday bags for sale throughout the year, so don’t hesitate to check out EBay, local classifieds, etc as you can pick an almost new fora fraction.

They always sound like a great idea but especially during these Covid times the quiet evening solo practice round became nonexistent with the significant uptick in traffic on the course.

Thanks to all for the for the suggestions.... while a little bigger/heavier/costly :oops: than i might want in a small carry bag for occasional use, that CRU bag looks fantastic!! My home course is nothing but hills and gotta travel light when walking... I'm looking for small & light... clubs, a sleeve or 2 of balls, some tees and maybe a water...

Just got a W/S Quiver stand bag. Very lightweight and only 3 pockets. For &99 I believe it’s hard to beat. I’m starting to carry minimal things, those being 6 golf balls, couple ball markers , divot tool, few gloves strapped to carry harness, and range finder plus a towel. Water bottle of walking also. Liking the bag so far. Even with 12 -13 clubs with midsized grips I have no complaints whatsoever!

Attachments

• 983B402A-83C4-49B8-B39C-49DB346A1336.jpeg
    983B402A-83C4-49B8-B39C-49DB346A1336.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 12
Ping Moonlite for my money is the best. It weighs 2.5 pounds and I carry a full set of 14 clubs in it. The underside is rubber/vinyl and waterproof so if it is a bit damp the clubs and grips stay dry.

Not sure if this one is the same as the W/S bag but it is only 3 pounds and has short legs:

Just got a W/S Quiver stand bag. Very lightweight and only 3 pockets. For &99 I believe it’s hard to beat. I’m starting to carry minimal things, those being 6 golf balls, couple ball markers , divot tool, few gloves strapped to carry harness, and range finder plus a towel. Water bottle of walking also. Liking the bag so far. Even with 12 -13 clubs with midsized grips I have no complaints whatsoever!
Only downside is it’s only available in red or blue. I’ve got one of each. Weighs 3 lbs. Feels much lighter though. Sunday bag with legs! Good luck in your search!

I don't really understand the concept of Sunday bags. They're just a smaller crappier bag and I need to transfer stuff. I would rather just take clubs out if I am walking a shorter course.

Sun Mountain has a 2.5 stand bag that can hold a full set of clubs. it is the lightest stand bag that I've ever used.

I carry a Sunday bag in my car at all times. Found it on ebay a couple years ago for $18; just simple and black, 1 small pocket holds about 2 sleeves, another bigger pocket holds everything else i need. I carry 7 clubs in it and its always easy to go to the range, practice area, or walk a quick 9.

When I'm going to the course, I'm taking one of two bags:

1. Main bag with push cart.
2. Carry bag with old clubs for VERY rustic course.

Either way, they've both got a full set of clubs. If I want to go to the course and only play a certain number of clubs, that's all that I'll play. I'd rather have everything with me in case I want to do an impromptu practice session or jump in with a buddy on another round.

I've used Jones bags. It's just not for me. I thought I would really enjoy it but club tangle just bugs the crap out of me. So I try to find a light-ish stand bag. Currently using a Titleist Players 4 bag.

I have a Jones Original bag but only use when I take a partial set with me . Use to carry a full set in it but don’t carry very often anymore

I don't really understand the concept of Sunday bags. They're just a smaller crappier bag and I need to transfer stuff. I would rather just take clubs out if I am walking a shorter course.

Maybe I am old and weak but I walk and carry my bag and like the bag to be as light as possible preferably under 3.5 pounds. It also keeps me from winding up with a lot of extra stuff in the bag. I do miss the stand at times but that is mostly when I am on the range but overall it doesn't bother me. I do keep a glove, 6 golf balls and some tees in my small carry bag and a bit larger bag then the only thing I need to move is my range finder.

Totally get the issue with the Jones bag. I’m gonna check out some of the lighter bags. Our course has some significant changes in elevation. I don’t mind a good walk, but certainly don’t want to be punished when I get out there to play.

I bought a Mizuno Scratch Sac about $10 years ago for around $60. It's been my practice bag for a decade. It's finally started to fail along one of the seams. I took a look at replacing it and prices have almost doubled.

In the big picture, it's probably a good purchase for me. I've used my old one for literally 1,000+. The price/use is probably cheaper than any golf purchase I've made.

I've never used it for an actual round though....

Anybody use a Sunday bag, or other small-ish carry bag ? Thinking about picking one up for 2021. Closest I have is a 35 year old Jones golf bag, which is pretty crusty, and has seen better days. Thanks!
I do. Ive got a Sun Mountain 2.5+ and I love it. I only carry 7 clubs, so for me its perfect and the fact thats its so light eliminates the need for a push/pull cart and makes it a joy to walk. Im to the point now where I only ride if the course mandates it.

I had a Titleist Sunday bag years ago. If you don’t need a lot of gear, it is great.

still don't get the sunday bag appeal but glad there are so many options now for those who do

Back