SuperSpeed Golf Review

Ok weird phenomenon in I need help with. I’ve been using the swing speed training for the past 2-3 off seasons. Last season I did make some jumps in speed and had a great season driving the ball. Towards the end of the season and into winter I struggled. The problem is that I am not getting the translation from the sticks to club speed or more notably ball speed. I spent the last 2-3 month consistently using the training protocols and when I swing my driver (sim2 max, stiff shaft) i measure my SS at 105-108 sometimes peaking at 110-112, that’s without hitting a ball and using a swing Radar device to read it. I feel like I’m swinging faster than ever. But when I hit a ball on trackman as I test and shop for new drivers, my SS reads at like 93-97. Ball speeds 135-140 average. I just can’t fathom how I can’t seem to get faster SS and ball speeds on trackman and a GS3 that my buddy has when I know I am swinging faster than that. The weather here is starting to warm up so we’ll see what happens outdoors but it’s making the decision in buying a new driver really tough because I don’t trust any of the data and I can’t seem to get the SS up to what it should be after months of training and relative improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have u noticed a increase in your iron swing speeds or your 3 wood swing speeds.......can u at least take your 105mph swing and just have the ball there, it doesnt matter how u hit it......imagine the ball isnt there but u want the club to pass through the gate real fast......use a beat up driver if u are afraid of a sky mark or worse a dent on the crown

Ok weird phenomenon in I need help with. I’ve been using the swing speed training for the past 2-3 off seasons. Last season I did make some jumps in speed and had a great season driving the ball. Towards the end of the season and into winter I struggled. The problem is that I am not getting the translation from the sticks to club speed or more notably ball speed. I spent the last 2-3 month consistently using the training protocols and when I swing my driver (sim2 max, stiff shaft) i measure my SS at 105-108 sometimes peaking at 110-112, that’s without hitting a ball and using a swing Radar device to read it. I feel like I’m swinging faster than ever. But when I hit a ball on trackman as I test and shop for new drivers, my SS reads at like 93-97. Ball speeds 135-140 average. I just can’t fathom how I can’t seem to get faster SS and ball speeds on trackman and a GS3 that my buddy has when I know I am swinging faster than that. The weather here is starting to warm up so we’ll see what happens outdoors but it’s making the decision in buying a new driver really tough because I don’t trust any of the data and I can’t seem to get the SS up to what it should be after months of training and relative improvement.

Have you taken your driver and radar to the range and just blasted a bucket of balls trying to swing as fast as possible? Something I’ve read about in speed training is what you are experiencing with seeing good improvement with sticks and not getting results hitting actual balls. With a ball in front of them the old swing mechanics take over. Your body can move that fast you just need to do it while making contact with a ball.

have u noticed a increase in your iron swing speeds or your 3 wood swing speeds.......can u at least take your 105mph swing and just have the ball there, it doesnt matter how u hit it......imagine the ball isnt there but u want the club to pass through the gate real fast......use a beat up driver if u are afraid of a sky mark or worse a dent on the crown

Definitely faster with irons as well. I’m sure I am not hitting it flush every time. But relative speed is there.

Have you taken your driver and radar to the range and just blasted a bucket of balls trying to swing as fast as possible? Something I’ve read about in speed training is what you are experiencing with seeing good improvement with sticks and not getting results hitting actual balls. With a ball in front of them the old swing mechanics take over. Your body can move that fast you just need to do it while making contact with a ball.

Yeah I’ve done the Bryson drills where you just pound balls and don’t care where they go. With my My radar I can get it to 112-114 at times. Not great contact but that’s expected. I’m guessing my “dialed back” speed is too dialed back. I’m not spraying it at the playing speed which is good but just a bit frustrating putting in the work and not getting consistent results. I’ve even swapped shafts trying to fix spin issues that I felt was robbing me.

Back