Looks fun. I got out for the first time in a few months today. Was only thigh to waist but it was good to be in the water.
Sometimes thigh to waste can be the most fun with the right board. Hope the water was warm. Up to 75ish here in spots

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sometimes thigh to waste can be the most fun with the right board. Hope the water was warm. Up to 75ish here in spots

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

The water feels great right now. A little chill when you first get in but it goes away as soon as you get fully submerged. We are moving inland in about a month to Cary/Raleigh so I'm trying to spend as much time in the water as possible. I'm hoping for at least one chest/head clean day soon.

Growing up in MN/WI I didn't surf but I did grow up on a lake waterskiing 5 days a week. We have 2 SUP's at our condo in Naples Florida and 2 at our place in Lake Tahoe. One of my favorite activities is getting out for an early morning ride on the paddleboard. Soon I'll be retired beachside in Florida and lakeside in Minnesota and I plan on spending many days each week on a paddleboard and/or wakesurfing behind a boat. I'm also going to take up kitesurfing as it was a blast the few times I've done it.

Growing up in MN/WI I didn't surf but I did grow up on a lake waterskiing 5 days a week. We have 2 SUP's at our condo in Naples Florida and 2 at our place in Lake Tahoe. One of my favorite activities is getting out for an early morning ride on the paddleboard. Soon I'll be retired beachside in Florida and lakeside in Minnesota and I plan on spending many days each week on a paddleboard and/or wakesurfing behind a boat. I'm also going to take up kitesurfing as it was a blast the few times I've done it.

Paddleboarding is something both my wife and I can do together. We just have to get out early in the morning to do it before the wind/current picks up. I have never kitesurfed, but one of my buddies picked it up the last year and loves it.

Was unable to get down to the OBX yesterday for what turned into a good to epic day with left and right barrels and overhead. Not sure I could have handle it to be honest. But made up for it this morning and was in the water by 6:30 until the wind changed. Had some fun and still got pounded on as they were breaking a good 300yrds off shore. That was a long paddle.

Attachments

• Salvo 9:1.jpg
    Salvo 9:1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Salvo 2.jpg
    Salvo 2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Sunrise Salvo.jpg
    Sunrise Salvo.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3
  • Wipeout.jpg
    Wipeout.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2
Nice man. Glad you got some good ones. I saw from photos from a friend who posted photos who surfed in the OBX Pro. I am bummed I couldn't make it out.

Was unable to get down to the OBX yesterday for what turned into a good to epic day with left and right barrels and overhead. Not sure I could have handle it to be honest. But made up for it this morning and was in the water by 6:30 until the wind changed. Had some fun and still got pounded on as they were breaking a good 300yrds off shore. That was a long paddle.

Man, I miss the beach. Nice waves!!

Went out early yesterday 7am early! Air temp at 33 and water at 38 it was COLD! I surfed for a good 2 hours before heading into work. Was not the best conditions but still had some fun waves and took some on the head.

Attachments

• GP013551.jpg
    GP013551.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2
Oh guys online shopping is much easier. I just ordered a SUP board online and it’ll be here in a few hours. Few days ago my friends and i planned to go camping and stand up paddle boarding trip for tomorrow and to be honest i don’t have one so i had to think quickly i ended up googling for the best fishing paddle boards in the markets after some searching i ordered this one Aqua Marina Drift board. Guys it looks really cooI like its design. You can check it out here : (https://standuppaddleboardworld.com/best-fishing-paddle-boards/ ) i’m so excited to try it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Couple shots of my Fiji trip in Feb - right before all the travel bans - dang it says files too large??

Back