OITW

Reaction score
Started doing this back in July.

I like how it is less impact on the body compared to running and I still get the same aerobic benefits.

Anyone else Swim?

Love swimming! Hoping to find a pool once this pandemic is over. I prefer(red) running (not treadmill) because I found swimming boring, but there’s just no arguing how much better it is for my knees despite what my shoulders would like to say. :LOL: One day I would like to complete a triathlon so I definitely need to get back in the pool.

Love swimming! Hoping to find a pool once this pandemic is over. I prefer(red) running (not treadmill) because I found swimming boring, but there’s just no arguing how much better it is for my knees despite what my shoulders would like to say. :LOL: One day I would like to complete a triathlon so I definitely need to get back in the pool.

been easier to get in the pool at my gym as it’s time blocks that you have to reserve and only 4 people at a time

I have in the past. I’m a runner but I usually do not run outdoors in the winter because of safety issues caused by ice and snow and snowbanks. I do not enjoy running on treadmills. So, during the past few winters, I would swim at the local YMCA to maintain some aerobic fitness. I haven’t been since before the pandemic.

I used to be a big swimmer. It’s a great full body exercise..

I have, but, try as I might, I've never been able to get into swimming as much as I have other forms of workouts or recreational sports. I've given it several tries over the years and just never been able to make it "click" for me. Running's never done it for me, either. Bicycling, now, I simply love.

been easier to get in the pool at my gym as it’s time blocks that you have to reserve and only 4 people at a time

I’m not comfortable going to the gym at this time. We’re not in a good place here as far as the virus is concerned.

I enjoy swimming, and wish we had a convenient place to go. Like you, I've been wanting to try a triathalon, but i always find an excuse not to 🤷‍♂️

I’m not comfortable going to the gym at this time. We’re not in a good place here as far as the virus is concerned.
I began to feel so poorly, so out-of-shape and run down, for lack of exercise, that last week I said to myself "screw the Wu Flu! I'm going back to the gym." After just three warm-up workouts I feel better already.

It's not very busy, compared to what it was pre-pandemic, and everybody appears to be abiding by a strict decontamination regimen.

I started swimming last summer, but got out of it as the weather cooled off. Our city rec center has an indoor pool, but there's just something about cold weather (even if it's outside) that makes me not want to jump into water. It's a hell of a workout - I was running anywhere from 2-4 miles a few times a week and thought my cardio was halfway decent, I got in the pool and was gassed after a lap!

Used to swim a lot when I had a gym membership but haven't in about 5 years. Really enjoyed it.

I used to swim a lot when I went a gym with a pool. Great low impact while great cardio work. I now have a home gym so no more swimming since I don't have a pool.

I could live in the water. Having our own pool I do a lot of swimming, but not a fan of gym pools so I am generally only swimming from April to October

Former triathlete. It's been a few years but I looked forward (as crazy as that sounds) to swimming 5K yards before work 2 or 3 days per week. Incredible way to build fitness.

I don't get it, I like places I can breath.

I was on the swim team in high-school but that was 30 years ago. Now my only swimming happens at my brothers pool with the kids.

Great workout...really streches your muscles

Everyday in my back yard. I will do about 20 laps a day.

this doesn’t look to bad

I love swimming and love just being in the water. Not a ton of options to be in pools here though unless you join the high priced gym. There is a very reasonably priced gym with a pool, but from my house, it's a hour round trip. Not worth it to be a member there so I only go there occasionally. Haven't been at all since everything has been going though.

I was a swim parent for two kids. Loved their experience and what it did for them. Got one in a big time reach college. I still struggle with the idea of watching heads bob up and down in the water anymore. It is an awesome lifetime sport.

I swim because I have to in order to maintain my water rescue requirement.

Also, because I hate it and its super tough. Every time I get in the pool is a victory.

And its the best exercise for my body.

I used to swim when I was younger, I wish there was a place locally to swim again. Great exercise and excellent on the joints.

Back