ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I recently received the Stack speed trainer. Was wondering if anyone knew of an app for iPhone that you can track your swing speed? I need to get a baseline and not quite sure where to start bc I don’t have a launch monitor. I have an idea of what my ss is, but would like to get something to track it if possible.

I’ve never heard of an app that can track swing speed. There are several options for devices that can track your speed though.

I’ve never heard of an app that can track swing speed. There are several options for devices that can track your speed though.
Can you elaborate? I read somewhere that there’s something on Apple Watch that will track wrist speed but not sure how valid that is, nor how accurate.

Can you elaborate? I read somewhere that there’s something on Apple Watch that will track wrist speed but not sure how valid that is, nor how accurate.
I was just referring to radar type devices that can be purchased that are used for simple speed tracking and not necessarily launch monitors though a few like the PRGR device we received as part of the SuperSpeed testing does have more info

I was just referring to radar type devices that can be purchased that are used for simple speed tracking and not necessarily launch monitors though a few like the PRGR device we received as part of the SuperSpeed testing does have more info
I might have to break down and buy a portable launch monitor.

I might have to break down and buy a portable launch monitor.

Yeah, you are gonna want to buy one of the speed tracking devices with using the Stack System, as the app wants you to call out Swing Speed numbers after each swing to keep track. I'm sure you can do the program without it just by adding the recommended weights and calling out whatever, but not sure you will get the full benefit of the app seeing the numbers you post and recommending your next program as accurately without it.

Yeah, you are gonna want to buy one of the speed tracking devices with using the Stack System, as the app wants you to call out Swing Speed numbers after each swing to keep track. I'm sure you can do the program without it just by adding the recommended weights and calling out whatever, but not sure you will get the full benefit of the app seeing the numbers you post and recommending your next program as accurately without it.
Thanks. That might be what I do until I can get a launch monitor. I was mainly excited to get it due to my coach having me do speed drills as it is already. This will make it easier. Was just trying to optimize the app as well.

Rick Shiels did a review of "Shot Vision" App for iPhone. there are a couple of similar types.

SAS Golf reviewed the "Golf Boy" app that seemed to be a bit more robust and had more info.

Thank you :) Any new ideas?
And can you tell me more about previous link???

You're best off just getting a launch monitor and do it right. Best value for money would be the PRGR you can get it on the Stack site (they do a bundle cheaper, could be worth dropping them an email and see if they will just give you a discount if you buy from them relatively quickly) or Amazon easy enough. Pretty damn accurate and consistent (I've had mine next to a Trackman and it's within 1-2mph each time)

Back