Swing the triangle, a tip from high school.

Floridatennisplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
Our range opened last week. Grabbed a large bucket and just wasn’t as crisp as I wanted. Close but not quite.

I remembered every spring our old high school coach would say, “ let’s go back to the fundamentals. “ Make the V at address or the triangle or the Y whatever you want to call it. Maintain it until the right arm has to bend. Then pull the triangle down and out to your target. Start with a three-quarter swing and then to the full swing.

I kind of smiled to myself and thought yeah let’s do that. My gosh it righted the ship immediately.

Just thought I would throw that out there for everyone who’s getting back into the swing of things now.

Steve Stricker is the poster boy for this.

I’ve been trying this more so in the chippery / pitchery space lol .

And the keeping that as consistent as I can , letting the shoulders do the rotating - JDay style.

Also taking that back as far as I can with full swing , appears to be more consistent delivery of club head , than previous , particularly the from say 4 o’clock through to 8 oclock

Simple tip , but good fundamentals , make the game and stroke much more enjoyable

I chip the triangle religiously.

I use the triangle concept during the downswing but with a different triangle. The left arm and club shaft form two sides of the triangle with the third side being an invisible line between the clubhead and the left shoulder formed at the top of the backswing. I try to keep this triangle in tact for as long as possible . It is referred to as the eternal triangle in the publication "The four magic moves to winning Golf".
I would bet the house on a feeling that Scottie Sheffler was taught the golf fundamentals from this publication.

Last edited:
Back