Swing weight - How did you figure out yours?

I’m super sensitive to swing weight. Too light and ball goes all over including straight up in the air. Contact goes to crap etc. I believe I like D4-D7. I like them on the heavier side. Never ever has anyone called my clubs light lol. I always hear ‘holy crap these are heavy’. Or they’re too stiff feeling. Either way when I go to club champion I’m gonna want to extensively try different swing weights.

While I do plan on ordering direct from manufacturer via a club pro or how ever I can. - I intend to take them back to club champion for spec check and adjust as needed. I figured this would save money compared to letting them build a set for more money than most cars lol.

I really can’t wait. On one hand I’ll probably be a huge pain in the butt because I’m gonna ask a ton of questions and at the same time I’ll be hard to please. I don’t want 400 dollar driver shafts. I don’t want ultra special irons shafts costing an arm and a leg but give me the wrong swing weight and I can’t hit the club. Too heavy I lose distance due to club head speed reduction but too light and I’ll be all over the map.

Put it this way- ever have an iron maybe your 7/8/9 or even 5 iron that just feels better than all the rest? Maybe you’re most consistent with that iron? Well it’s most likely swing weight etc. companies can blueprint a set meaning they’ll take that favorable iron and measure everything about it and then rebuild the entire set ensuring each club feels exactly like your favorite. Pricey though. Club champion would charge about 100-130 per club not including anything like ferrules grips and shafts all of which need to go into a club lol. So quick math on a 4-p is $910 for work alone and they may allow you to buy ferrules and grips and provide them but the shafts will absolutely need to come thru them because of all the exacting measurements involved. So it’s the darn price of a new set and it’s only covering the cost of a used set tweaked by them. Hahaha. Sucks to be pay check to pay check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back