Swing Weight Scale Recommendations?

RobDMB

Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking of picking up a swing weight scale to check my clubs and ultimately pick up some other club making equipment. I've seen Mitchell makes one and Golfworks also sells some. Lookign for some recommendations. Ease of use and accuracy a plus - consider it something I'd rather buy quality once then buy cheaply and find myself wanting a different one in the future. Thanks!

I'm going to say just get the cheap one for golf works. Unless you are a shop there really isn't that much need for a digital one. If the super cheap one doesn't look accurate enough, just go with the $100 golf works one. That design is pretty much the standard for most shops.

Thinking of picking up a swing weight scale to check my clubs and ultimately pick up some other club making equipment. I've seen Mitchell makes one and Golfworks also sells some. Lookign for some recommendations. Ease of use and accuracy a plus - consider it something I'd rather buy quality once then buy cheaply and find myself wanting a different one in the future. Thanks!

This one is a great functioning design that is well made and reasonably priced:

That is literally the one I have. It gets the job done and is accurate.

Thats what I have. Eventually I want a digital one though.

I have the golf works economy one also. Not sure exactly how accurate it is but am confident that it is consistent so at least I know my clubs are at the same weight (with some desired increments for wedges, etc.).

I have the golf works economy one also. Not sure exactly how accurate it is but am confident that it is consistent so at least I know my clubs are at the same weight (with some desired increments for wedges, etc.).

For consistent readings, each time I use the scale I place it in the same location.

For consistent readings, each time I use the scale I place it in the same location.

Same here. And I used a level on that section of counter space to make sure it was level.

I was actually just looking at the golf works economy earlier.

What are the advantages of the Mitchell or the digital (which digital)?

None that come to my mind, except maybe speed for high volume usage .

pick up a used one from ebay, then do this:

I still use mine occasionally and it's as accurate as my Golfmechanix Auditor

Back