Tag Heuer Golf Watch

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
Now I own a few Tag watches but was never expecting this from them. And at that price?? Are you serious?

Tag_Golf_Watch.jpg

Thoughts?

With that coin, I'd by a putter.

Or an Iron set :LOL:

I have a hard time coming to grips with buying any "smart watch". The lifespan is way too short for the amount of money you spend. I learned the hard way when I bought a Zune...

I'm a fan of Tag but don't think I could lay that coin on a smart watch. Hard pass for me.

I had the original connected watch when it came with the "feature" that you could trade in the watch, and more coin, to get an actual mechanical watch. I had no issue with the android wear software and all in all it was a good experience for the 2 years. Since I switched to the mechanical watch I have not missed any aspect of the smart watch.

I believe now with the connected watch you can buy the mechanical module that you can switch out with the smart watch. I am not sure of the price but I think all together would cost you the same as buying an entry level tag.....but don't quote me on that.

Ummm, that's a big no.

I like the looks of it but I feel like I’d trust a Garmin watch more at a fifth of the price ...

I like the looks of it but I feel like I’d trust a Garmin watch more at a fifth of the price ...

I agree with this except the Garmin I use cost around $200.

I have several TAG watches, and was a big fan, but over the more recent years have moved away from the brand. I think this is another step in the wrong direction. I just don't see the value in this watch, nor the niche it is trying to fill. The hardest of passes for me.

That said, the website shows that they are sold out. So what the heck do I know.

giphy.gif

It better have a feature that automatically buys you beer at the turn....

Man...I'd be so scared to wear a watch that expensive. I'm wearing my $300 Garmin and I cry every time I accidentally scratch it on a wall or something.

This is for people that just have extra money lying around & don't know what to do with it. How do you make a fashion statement on the golf course? "Hey, check out my TAG golf watch?" "Does it help you?" Duffs one 10 feet .... "I take that as a NO!" :sneaky:

LOL. I didn't buy the golf specific version of this watch but I wore the watch on the course every time I played. It was a good pedometer for when I walked. Yes there were a ton of options that were much cheaper. I got this watch because I tried it on and was amazed by how light it was and how I could not feel the weight even with the size. The mechanical watch I got to replace the smart watch is the same thing, super light. I also wear that every time I go out and play golf. 1 so I can tell what time it is without searching for my phone and 2 because I paid for the watch I may as well use it. Never have I had any fear of it breaking or scratching. I had the smart watch for 2 years and now going on 2 years with the mechanical, no issues what so ever.

I guess having "extra money lying around & don't know what to do with it" got me a good, not great or perfect, watch that I am happy enough to wear. It also must mean I suck at golf so you can feel better about yourself.

That much for no ETA movement, that’s a hard no for me. I love my 14year old Carrara and it will last longer and hold more value in 20 years than that golf watch.

Nice looking watch, and what a bargain :(

Back