TaylorMade GAPR MID Review

So it (4 model) doesnt go as far for me as I guessed it would, but that is great actually. I’m also not hitting it as high as I’d like, but the range balls could account for a smidge of that.
8E4F0F4B-3B90-4E9D-9502-528C52FB93B3.jpeg

So it (4 model) doesnt go as far for me as I guessed it would, but that is great actually. I’m also not hitting it as high as I’d like, but the range balls could account for a smidge of that.
View attachment 8952883
I’d bet range balls are impacting that a bit for sure. 140 ball speed with that is really, really good. And that low peak height is what I liked about it.

I’d bet range balls are impacting that a bit for sure. 140 ball speed with that is really, really good. And that low peak height is what I liked about it.
I have some swing faults that result in low peak height with my longer clubs. I need to work on that for sure. Nice club though. Will try and get it on course tomorrow.

View attachment 8952883

I agree with @Molten that the range balls are probably impacting flight and distance. Let us know how it goes on the course. Did you leave it at 21*?

I agree with @Molten that the range balls are probably impacting flight and distance. Let us know how it goes on the course. Did you leave it at 21*?
No, I was trying it at 22 mostly. Will let you guys know. Seems pretty nice though.

Only hit the 4 mid twice today, but both strikes were nice enough to keep it in the bag for another round. Hit it off the tee on the 10th hole and scored a fairway. Very next hole,hit it into the par 5 11th hole, left me pin high just off the green, and made bird.
It doesn't have the pop that clubs like this have these days, but I think it is pretty nice.
It seems to be pretty difficult to hit left, which I like.

Only hit the 4 mid twice today, but both strikes were nice enough to keep it in the bag for another round. Hit it off the tee on the 10th hole and scored a fairway. Very next hole,hit it into the par 5 11th hole, left me pin high just off the green, and made bird.
It doesn't have the pop that clubs like this have these days, but I think it is pretty nice.
Anti left is a god send. I’ll listen for what you think as the sample size grows

I love that it's consistent. I know what distance I'm going to get every time which is a big thing for me. It's Mr. reliable.

Hit the mid at the range today for a few. Personally, I find it to be a pretty solid club. I seem to hit it further than my Sim Max 22, so that one may be going on sale! lol

When well struck, it has plenty of height.

POST NOTE: I'm playing it in the upright lie position. The std setting feel so flat.

Last edited:
After really liking my GAPR Hi 3 before getting fit into something else (which has worked great) I picked up a GAPR mid 5 to toy around with. I want something a little more forgiving than the P790 5I, but something more consistent than the Franken5 hybrid I have built. Hoping to get it in hand next week before I go on a golf trip.

Reactions: KEV
After really liking my GAPR Hi 3 before getting fit into something else (which has worked great) I picked up a GAPR mid 5 to toy around with. I want something a little more forgiving than the P790 5I, but something more consistent than the Franken5 hybrid I have built. Hoping to get it in hand next week before I go on a golf trip.
I'm still using my MID 3 and love the thing. It's so consistent and easy to hit for me.

I'm still using my MID 3 and love the thing. It's so consistent and easy to hit for me.

Yeah, I think they are highly underrated clubs. $100 for a brand new one! I know club value depreciates quickly but this line seems to have gotten the shaft (no pun intended). I wonder if it is because no driver attached? Seems the general club buying public buys their fairways/hybrids based off what driver they buy.

Yeah, I think they are highly underrated clubs. $100 for a brand new one! I know club value depreciates quickly but this line seems to have gotten the shaft (no pun intended). I wonder if it is because no driver attached? Seems the general club buying public buys their fairways/hybrids based off what driver they buy.
I'm really not sure why they were so overlooked (other then maybe the shape?). They launched at a major and the are great

I'm really not sure why they were so overlooked (other then maybe the shape?). They launched at a major and the are great

And I only know one person (out of like 10) who didn't really like them when they tried/played them. Oh well, lucky for me to get one for so cheap this early in the lifecycle of the club.

And I only know one person (out of like 10) who didn't really like them when they tried/played them. Oh well, lucky for me to get one for so cheap this early in the lifecycle of the club.
That's what I paid for mine too and it's an absolute steal! It's probably been one of my favorite clubs this season.

Back