TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

I thought I would gravitate back to my Epic Flash, but the M5 has become my gamer. I love the look, the feel, and am getting ridiculous performance out of it when I am swinging well. The feel from a center strike is addictive. I think this is one of those drivers that you must pair with the right shaft and the LAGP TPOC proto shaft has been perfect for me so far.

I thought I would gravitate back to my Epic Flash, but the M5 has become my gamer. I love the look, the feel, and am getting ridiculous performance out of it when I am swinging well. The feel from a center strike is addictive. I think this is one of those drivers that you must pair with the right shaft and the LAGP TPOC proto shaft has been perfect for me so far.

The look, feel, and sound of this club are definitely addicting. I love the muted thwack sound it makes. When centered it feels so good and you know you got all of it!!

For me personally its been the best driver ive ever played and have no plans to change. Naturally ill try the new TM drivers when they come out, but by far this has been the best performing driver for me

recent trips to my local superstore have confirm my M type d is still king of he hill for distance and accuracy. finally had a chance to put it up against the the epic flash the last challenger in the in the major brands. Close but shorter but the sound and feel and dispersion went to the M6.
gb

I love the muted thwack sound it makes.

Now that the season is pretty much over I'm going to give the M5 another go. They thing I like the LEAST about it is that sound. I just can't seem to get used to it. I can hear and call out the entire M series from holes away if someone is hitting one. They all just sound so odd to me.

So as im getting excited for the SIM drivers to release, the M5 gave me a big reason why not to upgrade! I know I’ll hit the SIM once it releases, but tonight gave me the best numbers I’ve had all season

I just bought the g410 LST last week cuz of the price drop and it’s always given me solid numbers when i demo it, but now it looks like a waste. I’ll probably use the $399 playability credit at PGA superstore and buy the SIM for another $150

8d1348cd28f8bb4b735468501cc0aa1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So as im getting excited for the SIM drivers to release, the M5 gave me a big reason why not to upgrade! I know I’ll hit the SIM once it releases, but tonight gave me the best numbers I’ve had all season

I just bought the g410 LST last week cuz of the price drop and it’s always given me solid numbers when i demo it, but now it looks like a waste. I’ll probably use the $399 playability credit at PGA superstore and buy the SIM for another $150

8d1348cd28f8bb4b735468501cc0aa1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you gotten the chance to hit M5 vs SIM yet?

I've used the majority of Taylormade drivers since 2002 with the 300 series.....starting with SLDR and its weight track, the cg was moved forward and low causing the loft up phenomena.....R15, M1....but with M3 and M5 having hammerhead slots and inverted Y & T tracks , lofts became more useful ....

My question, how much weight is shifted by adding these slide tracks behind the face like with new SIM model vs M3 or M5 having inverted tracks? Is it insignificant or more substantial than we're expecting?

20200205_111448.jpg20200205_111433.jpg

So , late to the M5 party......but after much trial and error, I've learned that the inverted T track works better for my swing compared to the front track weighted drivers like sldr, R15, M1 or SIM

Well I also tried a handful of shafts with average success at best.....light and mid weighted shafts.

On a whim, I threw a TM tip onto the hzdrus red handcrafted 5.5 I had .....FOUND IT! Basically this is a black profile with softer tip.....helps my very sloppy swing path to stay more neutral than anything in recent past......consistently straight , my first round grew more confident and I began to swing harder.....hopefully this settles my needs at the top of the bag #2020andbeyond

View attachment 8926756View attachment 8926757

So , late to the M5 party......but after much trial and error, I've learned that the inverted T track works better for my swing compared to the front track weighted drivers like sldr, R15, M1 or SIM

Well I also tried a handful of shafts with average success at best.....light and mid weighted shafts.

On a whim, I threw a TM tip onto the hzdrus red handcrafted 5.5 I had .....FOUND IT! Basically this is a black profile with softer tip.....helps my very sloppy swing path to stay more neutral than anything in recent past......consistently straight , my first round grew more confident and I began to swing harder.....hopefully this settles my needs at the top of the bag #2020andbeyond
That red shaft looks sweeeet!!!

Putting my hzrdus yellow on my M6...cant wait to trying that out

Have you gotten the chance to hit M5 vs SIM yet?
Sorry just saw this... Yea ive hit both SIM and SIM Max. M5 was better for me, for some reason I couldn't hit either SIM model at all!!

I've owned plenty of TM drivers too and I do think the inverted T track was best for me also. Ive had R7, Superquad, R11, R15, SLDR, M1, to M5.

Im gonna give both SIM models another chance but didn't see anything for me to upgrade. M5 has been my favorite driver

I just got a M5. I'm anxious to try it out against my Epic. I DO love my Epic. It should be a good contest between them!

Sorry just saw this... Yea ive hit both SIM and SIM Max. M5 was better for me, for some reason I couldn't hit either SIM model at all!!

I've owned plenty of TM drivers too and I do think the inverted T track was best for me also. Ive had R7, Superquad, R11, R15, SLDR, M1, to M5.

Im gonna give both SIM models another chance but didn't see anything for me to upgrade. M5 has been my favorite driver

I'm being serious....the SIM MAX would be closer I think to the M5 minus the adjustability.....especially now that I've found a shaft combo , I'm not leaving.....no gains , is no gains!

View attachment 8926756View attachment 8926757

2 more rounds with M5/hzdrus red combo.....awesomeness

2 more rounds with M5/hzdrus red combo.....awesomeness

And this is why having an adjustable driver pays off......played Wednesday on an unknown course that was tight and very windy.....kept it in play but very cautious......I noticed that shots into the fan really suffered with current setup (9* lofted up to 10.5* with both wgts in rear track)

Toy around with wgts landing on rear draw wgt and one mid track with loft down to 9.75*

Much, much straighter and a more going trajectory.....I'll play same course this Wednesday for validation!

I ’accidentally’ got into the M5’ so glad I did. Worldwide Golf is running a 150% trade-in special for Callaway‘s Mavrik woods. I gathered all my ‘kinda disappointing’ collection of Titleist 915 woods and hybrids. Oops, Mavrik’s fairway hostels were fixed !!!

So I traded those clubs for a mint demo - M5 3 wood with Tensei Orange.....adjustable weights, adjustable hosels !!!

Wow oh wow, easier to hit, nice sound, wonderful feel. Yes.....the ball launches to orbit a tad higher than my Epic SZ, no worries, let turn the loft down a bit. I want to hit a baby draw....no worries....give me that wrench. I was super satisfied with this club.

Then, I gathered all the ‘reserve’ wedges, hybrids, fairway woods at home and traded all this for the TM M5 Tour 9 degree with Tensei Orange driver.

One real big advantage I am seeing now over my Epic Flash SZ is how I can lower the flight or increase the flight of the ball quite easily. Right now I got both weights back in the draw/fade position. Like what others have mentioned, hit it pure, that feel is pure gold.

I am pleasantly pleased that I tried TM’s M5 woods.

..... at times I pure these woods, I wanted to scream —— “I am Tiger”!

Last edited:
Both M5 driver and Ti 3wd were amazing today!

Getting really close to putting this club near the top of the "greatest woods ever" list

Both M5 driver and Ti 3wd were amazing today!

Getting really close to putting this club near the top of the "greatest woods ever" list

I was on my way to trade old clubs for a Mavrik 7 wood....then....I thought ..let my try the M5 3 wood. Short story......I now have the M5 Tour driver & 5 wood.

View attachment 8928335

SHOOTOUT! kbs td is the sleeper

Well after 4-5 rounds under the belt, the leader and pulling away is the old faithful kuro kage silver tini 60g......has a smooth kick( so does the kbs TD) but doesn't want to go right for me.....confidently play the power fade with a nice mid/hi trajectory.....

Well after 4-5 rounds under the belt, the leader and pulling away is the old faithful kuro kage silver tini 60g......has a smooth kick( so does the kbs TD) but doesn't want to go right for me.....confidently play the power fade with a nice mid/hi trajectory.....

Even more confidence, actually saw significant distance gains on a very familiar course....M5/MCA KURO KAGE SILVER TINI/ BRIDGESTONE 2020 RX

I am a slow swinging senior and for me the M6 is staying in my bag.
I have to agree with other posts here.....my M6 performs just as well as the new Sim Max.
I'm not seeing any big gains with the Sim Max. Maybe faster swingers find the Sim and the Sim Max works for them.
And I'm sure I'm in the minority with my opinion on the appearance. I personally like the sole of the Sim Max but I find the crown to be too "busy" with the light gray carbon.
IMHO the M6 crown looks much better than the Sim Max especially when in bright sunlight.
Everyone is different but I would think there are many others that prefer last year's M6.

Back