TaylorMade R15 TP Driver - THP Review

Thought some other people would benefit from this article I found online. It goes into great detail about all the adjustments you can make with the TM R15 driver.

http://www.foregolf.ie/blog/2015/03/how-to-adjust-the-taylormade-r15-driver

My biggest thing I got from it was how the weights don't necessarily help as much with draw/fade bias, but ball speed/stability. Played yesterday with my new settings (after reading the article) and was driving the ball a lot better.

Great article, thanks for sharing!

I'm really considering adding a 14* R15 to my arsenal.

What does the stock Speeder 57 shaft feel like? What does it compare to?

I'm really considering adding a 14* R15 to my arsenal.

What does the stock Speeder 57 shaft feel like? What does it compare to?
You would be filthy with one of these I'm guessing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Got one on the way after an eBay steal. I'm going to cut it down to 44 or 43.5 inches and let 'er rip!

Got one on the way after an eBay steal. I'm going to cut it down to 44 or 43.5 inches and let 'er rip!
#enabled :act-up:

I am excited to see this happen! What shaft, stock Speeder?

#enabled :act-up:

I am excited to see this happen! What shaft, stock Speeder?

Stock Speeder 57 stiff. I think I'll get a Speeder 661 or 665 for it and scratch two itches at the same time.

I busted my 12* R15 Black 460 with my raw PX Experience Handcrafted shaft out on Friday at the range on a whim, because I hadn't been driving particularly well lately and felt like doing a little comparison to the Triton. And lo and behold, I just started striping this thing. At least as long as I've been hitting the Triton lately, but with this tight little controlled fade. And I love the sound of this driver, it's so muted and solid. So I decided to throw caution to the wind and put it in the bag yesterday playing a really tough LedgeRock course with PGG, PureLefty and JayB.

It was a good decision. I really hit it well most of the day with the exception of a nearly topped ball (ugly swing that no driver would have saved) and 2 quick hooks, only one of which really hurt me (lost the ball). I do think this club is a little more susceptible to a hook or slice, since it isn't quite as forgiving as the Triton, but I saw very few ill effects from it and for the most part was very in control of the club for the duration of the round.

We'll see if it stays in the bag long term, but for now I'm gonna roll with it and see what we can do. If I can avoid getting quick and take the hook out of play, I might have a winner on my hands.

Recently bought an r15 14* as I need launch but not the draw bias. I slammed both weights in the fade side and lowered the loft. Unfortunately the face still looked closed to me and drew too much. Bummed as I thought this Combo might be a winner for me.

Holy resurrection batman!

I love the R15 driver! It was my first big boy club that I got when I returned to the game, an 8.5 430 complete with the Speeder 661 in x-flex. It replaced a Dunlop Goliath, from 10-15 years ago lol. It was easily 50+ yards longer than that club for me and opened up my eyes big time to the advancement in tech. I've been on a quest for the holy grail in club setup ever since. But not before I stashed enough of these heads that I could play them for life!

It was kind of interesting. Two years ago I could pick up a mint or even brand new head for 70-80 on eBay. Towards the end of last year they kind of hit a resurgence and I saw them going for up to 200.00. One guy had one I particularly liked, it was a golf seller I forget whom, and he had many of them. He had them listed for 189.99. I thought that to be a bit high so I offered him 150.00 for it. He replied thanks but no thanks, he was selling them like crazy at the price he listed them for.

They're a great club in my view. I've got a dozen others now and haven't played the R15 this year. The Epic SZ suits me just a little bit better but I think I prefer the R15 to the M1 or even the M3.

Back