TaylorMade R9 vs. R9 TP irons

EHSGolf1

Reaction score
I live atleast 40 mins away from any place that I can hit golf clubs and on top of that its snowing out:banghead: Other than that, i can't decide between the R9 and the R9 TP irons. So i was hoping you could tell me the pros and cons of the clubs and what made you decide to go with the ones you did. Along with your comparisons between the two. Thank you to everyone...I just can't decide:banghead:

Smaller overall club head, less offset, slightly thinner topline, and different shaft on the TP version.

You will get a little less distance per iron with the tp's and less forgiving . I hope to hit both of them side by side tomorrow.
L57

You will get a little less distance per iron with the tp's and less forgiving . I hope to hit both of them side by side tomorrow.
L57

Less Distance? Really? I did not see that at all. Less forgiving a little, but I did not see any distance loss at all.

Less Distance? Really? I did not see that at all. Less forgiving a little, but I did not see any distance loss at all.

I just assumed the tp's would be shorter because the lofts are weaker than the r9's . Going to hit both tomorrow and check it out.
gb

I live atleast 40 mins away from any place that I can hit golf clubs and on top of that its snowing out:banghead: Other than that, i can't decide between the R9 and the R9 TP irons. So i was hoping you could tell me the pros and cons of the clubs and what made you decide to go with the ones you did. Along with your comparisons between the two. Thank you to everyone...I just can't decide:banghead:

Tried both head to head this weekend . I hit r9 stiff flex kbs 90 shaft the best and more forgiving and better distance and had a better feel.

Note that the r7tp had a stiff flex kbs tour shafts, and these are not
for me I found them way to stiff . the r flex would have be a better fit for me but they did not have any in.
gb

I posted the following in another thread...hope this helps.

On the dilema between the R9 and the R9TP...I would go hit both of them as much as you can (inside and outside) before you decide and seeing that you are around a 13 handicap, I think you will find it will come down to what you are looking for in your game. I had less dispersion and more ball speed with the R9 and was surpirsed at how much I liked the look of this iron at address (coming from player irons). They are a tad bigger than the TP but not much and the offset is such that they allow you to set up nicely...I know it sounds like I am a salesman for the R9 but if you are not chasing a mini tour or on the PGA/LPGA Tour then why make the game any harder then it already is. I truly find the R9 irons help me play better and for the first time in my golfing career on the 18th hole last weekend a guy in my foursome (who I just met that day) made the comment about how consistent I was. I hit 9 greens in regulation and shot a 78. I have never heard anyone say that about my ball striking...:thumb:

Back