TaylorMade Releasing Forged Tour Preferred Irons for 2011

I like the look of the MB, with the exception of the giant screw in the middle of the back of it. That looks like it could be seriously distracting for someone wanting to play a true MB blade.

Can anyone tell me about the Dynamic Golf R300, S300, or X100. Those seem to be the options for the Tour Preferred irons. However, if you compare the S300 and X100 they are both the same torque: 1.8*, tip size: .355, and weight: 130g. So what makes one stiff and the other one extra stiff?

And in general, how are these shafts performance wise?

Not sure the manufacturing process that makes the X-100 stiffer than the S300, but if you like a heavy shaft, these are certainly the shafts for you. I have them now and really like the way they let me feel the club through the whole swing. I feel more in control than with a lighter iron shaft. Possibly sacrificing a couple yards distance, but I'll take the tighter dispersion and lower flight all day.

I like the look of the MB, with the exception of the giant screw in the middle of the back of it. That looks like it could be seriously distracting for someone wanting to play a true MB blade.

You can't see the screw with the club in address position, so I don't think it should really be a distraction at all.

how do you think it would be distracting? Do you think it would distract when you addressing the ball? Here's what they look like at address.

1168873000_tqD8j-L-3.jpg

20230424_130507.jpg

Random, but I snagged a set of these last week just because they had a shaft in them I wanted to test. And I've been playing the heck out of them. I didn't play golf with they came out, so I'm curious if this line actually did well. Looks like kind of the same MB, MC, etc thing they do now. 770 obviously having worked its way in though. Shaping is pretty nice, and I understand better what people meant but the last Apex MB reminding them of these.

Did anyone still here end up playing these?

View attachment 9173904

Random, but I snagged a set of these last week just because they had a shaft in them I wanted to test. And I've been playing the heck out of them. I didn't play golf with they came out, so I'm curious if this line actually did well. Looks like kind of the same MB, MC, etc thing they do now. 770 obviously having worked its way in though. Shaping is pretty nice, and I understand better what people meant but the last Apex MB reminding them of these.

I thought this was another "this strike is" threads :ROFLMAO:. That's pretty much nutted, huh?

View attachment 9173904

I played the MC’s for years actually. They were one of my favorite irons and I actually still have them. I’ll take one out to the range with me on occasion.
IMG_1246.jpeg

Wasn't Daniel Berger still playing these before he got injured?

Whoever designed those irons must've gone to PXG, and been like "I have an idea for an iron, we'll call them the 0317 series, it's can't miss!"

man, I had the MCs. Every now and then I do a quick ebay search on them.

I thought this was another "this strike is" threads :ROFLMAO:. That's pretty much nutted, huh?
No. No way. I bet you those clubs if I make a thread 51 plus percent will say that's not on the button. 😆

I played the MC’s for years actually. They were one of my favorite irons and I actually still have them. I’ll take one out to the range with me on occasion.
View attachment 9173928
Nice! I assume they feel pretty good? They look like an interesting predecessor to the current ones.

No. No way. I bet you those clubs if I make a thread 51 plus percent will say that's not on the button. 😆
In our defense. ...it isn't on the button, "most" of the time.

I came here to see what the fuss was about with a 2011 posting. I'm very happy I did.

Nice! I assume they feel pretty good? They look like an interesting predecessor to the current ones.
Yup they felt good to me. I played some of my best golf with them.

View attachment 9173904

Aren't these the set that Berger has been playing and buying up on eBay?

Last edited:
I love the CB, MC, MB combo set of these!

the MC's were the first set I owned that made me fall in love with ball striking haha

Back