TaylorMade Stealth 2 Drivers

Ive got a few things to test out before deciding the gamer. Picked up a TPT shaft ive been curious about for a while

Also im doing the "Try then Buy" through MyTaylormade+ app. Built up a standard Stealth 2 9* w/ Ventus TR Red 6x Tipped an extra inch.

Took a few swipes with with a Stealth 2 Plus today out on the range. It was 40 degrees and my swing was slow, but I still don’t know if there is another head that generates the ball speed for me that the Stealth drivers do. I have found that my little PRGR monitor is pretty accurate on ball speed. I think with a little warmer weather and a tiny bit of work, I can be back into the 150’s with ball speed on driver, which is golden for me at age 62.

This Stealth 2 Plus was a 10.5* turned down one notch in loft. The sliding weight was right in the middle. I was using my Tensei 1K Pro White 50 S, which is what worked for me so well with my Stealth Plus last year. If I am being honest, I can’t really tell a difference in the Stealth Plus and the Stealth 2 Plus.

AC985C97-C205-48A8-90D7-B3138FA7B236.jpeg188AB0AA-F394-41CE-B44E-31D9FA0FA8C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that I found a gamer shaft I’m starting to get in a groove with driver finally. I’ve had some decent sessions but since switching to the TPT I’ve developed a one way miss and consistent shot shape.

A9AE15F9-7380-4070-9CC9-080A0BE0F206.jpeg

This one's back in the bag. Earned it, and had a real good day with it today. Drove the ball better than I have in a good bit. And it was nice. Maybe it's just having played the previous all last year on this, but I kind of enjoy the sound profile with it too.

Through my testing on TrackMan and the course, the Stealth 2 Plus is in my top two for the season. I really like the flatter lie and the ball speeds are as good as anything else I have tried so far.

This one's back in the bag. Earned it, and had a real good day with it today. Drove the ball better than I have in a good bit. And it was nice. Maybe it's just having played the previous all last year on this, but I kind of enjoy the sound profile with it too.
Hell yea!! haha took you long enough

I hit the OG Stealth last season and have been hitting the Stealth 2 this season. I went with the regular versions because my natural shot shape is right to left and I need the extra spin the standard versions provide over the Plus version heads (GC Quad).

On a whim, I picked up a Stealth 2 plus head since some of the aftermarket companies are now offering different weights for them. With the stock set-up I was hitting the Stealth 2 about 200-300 rpm more spin than this new Stealth 2 + head. The 2+ is just too low spin for me. I hate it because I really like the flatter lie angle and ability to use the front weight in the full fade position. I could go with a different shaft to help, but after sampling many the last few years, I really, really don't want to swap out of my Ventus Velocore Blue. The Red does add spin and launch higher (which I don't need), but feels like dog poo to me.

Anyway, I ended up taking out the stock 15g front and 15g rear weights on the Plus head and replacing them with a 10g weight in the front and a 19g in the rear (19g was what they had available). I was very pleased to see that my spin jumped up 200-300 rpm on average putting me in the same spot as my standard Stealth 2. On the GC Quad, the dispersion with the Plus head was much better and it virtually eliminated my big miss left.

I took the Plus head out for it's maiden voyage on the course yesterday and I was extremely pleased. I was still hitting it very long (for me), something I've enjoyed with all the Stealth heads, but my dispersion was much improved. One of my regular group is about 20 years younger than me (and played Div 1 golf in college) and I was knocking it right beside him, but even straighter than he was. The flatter lie along with the full fade weight setting seems to allow me to swing more confidently with less concern about the big left. I did hit a couple that felt like my "big left" miss and they only ended up a couple yards out of the fairway.

Now for the fun part, the 16th hole on this course is a 338 yrd par 4. The tees were up a bit, maybe playing 320, but this is where my drive ended up. There's a slot in the fairway at about 285+/- yards that is only about 5-8 yards wide. If you can fly it there, the ball will sometimes bounce right through the small opening to the elevated green. My days of being able to hit that green on the fly are over, but a really good ball can still get me into that landing spot. My ugly yellow golf ball was just up there waiting on me. I'm pretty pleased for 55 years old. I slept with the Stealth Plus 2 driver head under my pillow last night. :p

.....and no, I didn't make the putt for eagle. :(

IMG_5319 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Under the heading My Mental Health Issues - My "My Stealth 2 Plus" came in and I've been able to hit is a couple times. I got the matte finish and I also did a silver trim ring like TM did with the regular Stealth 2. I swear this head with the matte finish and trim ring makes the driver head seem bigger than the Stealth 2 Plus I was hitting (it isn't of course). This head also makes the driver shaft seem shorter???? It's the exact same shaft.....not same version, same shaft that was in my other Stealth 2 Plus head. It's bizarre how the optics can make such a difference for me.

Anyway, I love my new version and that feeling of a shorter shaft is terrific the first couple times I played with the new head. Some Stealth 2 pron:

IMG_5437.jpgIMG_5436.jpgIMG_5435.jpgIMG_5434.jpgIMG_5433.jpgIMG_5432.jpg

Under the heading My Mental Health Issues - My "My Stealth 2 Plus" came in and I've been able to hit is a couple times. I got the matte finish and I also did a silver trim ring like TM did with the regular Stealth 2. I swear this head with the matte finish and trim ring makes the driver head seem bigger than the Stealth 2 Plus I was hitting (it isn't of course). This head also makes the driver shaft seem shorter???? It's the exact same shaft.....not same version, same shaft that was in my other Stealth 2 Plus head. It's bizarre how the optics can make such a difference for me.

Anyway, I love my new version and that feeling of a shorter shaft is terrific the first couple times I played with the new head. Some Stealth 2 pron:

View attachment 9175381View attachment 9175382View attachment 9175383View attachment 9175384View attachment 9175385View attachment 9175386
That is awesome looking. Nice choice!

View attachment 9175381View attachment 9175382View attachment 9175383View attachment 9175384View attachment 9175385View attachment 9175386
I love the matte! Well done.

I recently got fitted by the TM guys at my club for a Stealth 2+ with the new HZRDUS Black 70-gram shaft. I have been working on some wrist feels in my swing for the past few months and the results showed tremendously in this fitting. Great ball speed, center face contact and the feel/sound coming off this club face is crazy good. What shocked me the most was that I was fit into an 8 degree head turned down to 7 degrees.

I recently got fitted by the TM guys at my club for a Stealth 2+ with the new HZRDUS Black 70-gram shaft. I have been working on some wrist feels in my swing for the past few months and the results showed tremendously in this fitting. Great ball speed, center face contact and the feel/sound coming off this club face is crazy good. What shocked me the most was that I was fit into an 8 degree head turned down to 7 degrees.

What's your ballpark clubhead speed?

What's your ballpark clubhead speed?
If I remember correctly it was about 140mph with the Stealth 2+, with crappy range balls

It is interesting how your fitting worked out. I'm at about 110mph and play the Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S with a 5-7 degree up angle of attack and am playing my 9 degree Stealth 2+ at 10 degrees to get things optimized. I typically see only the big boy swingers 118mph+ playing the Stealth 2+ lofted that low. I guess it just goes to show how everybody is different in how they deliver the club.

It is interesting how your fitting worked out. I'm at about 110mph and play the Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S with a 5-7 degree up angle of attack and am playing my 9 degree Stealth 2+ at 10 degrees to get things optimized. I typically see only the big boy swingers 118mph+ playing the Stealth 2+ lofted that low. I guess it just goes to show how everybody is different in how they deliver the club.
Exactly!! I cannot stress enough that everyone needs to get fitted no matter their skill level. I was increasing the loft in my previous driver just to get the face closed. Well now I have no issues closing the face and I can have it slightly open at address. I can not remember my launch angle numbers but I notoriously hit my driver to high.

I just picked up the 10.5 hd with stock Fujikura nx shaft in regular. . My miss is left being left hand . This thing is dead straight in the standard set up. Picked up an easy 15-20 yards . Perhaps not due to new tec but I am sure it is a help but due to hitting it straight. I have tried other draw based drivers either over drew them or tried to compensate hitting weak fades . Scores suffer from short drives left or missed fairways right . Repeatable straight drives without effort . I also love the feel and looks many comments on how great the driver looks from m playing partners and results are outstanding scores continue to trend lower .

The Plus continues to be a very good fit for me. Hadn't played it in a bit and had a pretty banging morning with it. 9 of 11 with the 2 misses being a couple yards off the fairway and the other over the green I was going for.

With the 5W being kind of the club of the year so far for me it feels pretty natural out there too. Could partly be a confidence and familiarity thing. I played the previous version all last year. It's good though. Real good.

Man, I loved the stealth 1. But for me. The stealth 2 just does not work. I have tried I cannot get it to work for me.. I don’t know what was changed. But is no bueno for @templeton80

Man, I loved the stealth 1. But for me. The stealth 2 just does not work. I have tried I cannot get it to work for me.. I don’t know what was changed. But is no bueno for @templeton80
That is so interesting. I often wonder what causes this in people. Another THPer was saying the same thing about Paradym drivers.

That is so interesting. I often wonder what causes this in people. Another THPer was saying the same thing about Paradym drivers.
I know right! It’s totally weird. I just can’t hit this thing. I am tried.

I know right! It’s totally weird. I just can’t hit this thing. I am tried.
Weirdest thing happened to me. After reading your post, I pulled out my Stealth Plus from last year. I was just crushing it on a line. We are told that the Stealth 2 lineup is more forgiving and I am sure that it is, but there is just something about that Stealth Plus head that works for me. I was not planning on buying a new driver this year because it works so well. I did spend money, because I have an addiction, but when I hit that driver, I ask myself what the _____ am I thinking.

Weirdest thing happened to me. After reading your post, I pulled out my Stealth Plus from last year. I was just crushing it on a line. We are told that the Stealth 2 lineup is more forgiving and I am sure that it is, but there is just something about that Stealth Plus head that works for me. I was not planning on buying a new driver this year because it works so well. I did spend money, because I have an addiction, but when I hit that driver, I ask myself what the _____ am I thinking.
Stealth one was amazing. Stealth 2 👎🏻

Back