Tee time preference

What is your preferred time of day to make a tee time?

• Early Morning (6a-9a)

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Late Morning (9a-12p)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Afternoon (12p-2p)

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Late Afternoon (2p-4p)

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
In my area, time of year is important, but in the summer early morning like most have noted to beat the heat and the afternoon thunder storms, but the HUMIDITY is still horrid, but in the fall and winter, I like afternoons.

Last edited:
As early as possible, preferably first off. We've been known to tee off when it is still somewhat dark. We play fast! Depending on the course and how we are playing, 2 1/2 hours for us as a foursome is typical. We don't "rush", we just do all those things that speed up play from "ready golf" to dropping a guy off while the other takes the cart to his ball. Often followed by twosomes or threesomes, they struggle to keep up, if they even do.

Add another early riser to the list. I like being able to play a round, run an errand or two, and be home before noon. Years ago when I joined my local muni, they would sometimes let me tee off before the greens were mowed. Slow greens, but I was teeing off at 5:30 or earlier.

Watch the sun rise on the 5th tee box...

Should have a "No Preference" choice.

Whatever time I can get to play is okay by me. I am certainly not an early bird, but will give it a go if it is called for- Outings, invited by someone, etc...

When I'm with my buddies, late morning is the call. There are usually other things they need to take care of BEFORE playing.

I am NOT someone who will play early "to get it over with", so I can do other things later on. The game is my relaxation and shut down therapy. Once I'm done, I'm done... I would rather do all the OTHER stuff early- mowing, Honey-Do stuff, shopping, etc... and THEN go out to play to relax. If that means teeing off at 2 or 5, fine... I don't have to worry if I forgot to buy Oatmeal or the wrong kind of laundry detergent.

When I was working it was late morning to early afternoon after getting some work done. Now that I’m retired I prefer 9:30ish or earlier. I love being done before 1pm, especially if it’s good boating weather which is normally is during the summer. Many Thursday’s I have a regular mid morning group and play a second 18 with some other buddies around 2:30pm.

Nothing beats a early morning round when it's quiet!

Give me a 930-1000 time frame or after 4pm during the summer. Want to wait until the dew is gone but before it gets stupid hot or wait until it’s cooling off as the round goes on.

9 then finished by 12. Lunch followed by a 130 2nd round.

Early especially in the summer. Too hot otherwise

I'd love to still be able to play early morning golf. My back doesn't agree with that though. Most of my rounds are late morning now so I can wake up and have time to loosen up before taking my first swing. I used to set an alarm, wake up , get dressed and head straight to the course in a window of 25 minutes and be taking my first swing 40 minutes after waking up. I just can't make that happen anymore
Dang Chris. I get it though. I thouroughly enjoy waking up early for golf to get out first thing. But I'm going to be 40 this year and there's a lot of stretching that needs to happen before I tee off. Lol. I remember doing exactly what you mentioned getting up and ready in less than 30 minutes and hitting that first tee shot in less than an hour. That isn't happening anymore. :)

Dang Chris. I get it though. I thouroughly enjoy waking up early for golf to get out first thing. But I'm going to be 40 this year and there's a lot of stretching that needs to happen before I tee off. Lol. I remember doing exactly what you mentioned getting up and ready in less than 30 minutes and hitting that first tee shot in less than an hour. That isn't happening anymore. :)
I’d love to do it. Actually going to give it a shot on Tuesday with a 740 tee time. If it’s any kind of successful, I may move my times a little earlier. I hate not being done until 2 on weekends. That was the best part about early golf. I was done no later than 10-11 and still had the entire day with my wife

July and August before 9 to beat the heat. But the other months I prefer something around 9:30 or 10. I've got a morning routine at home. I need my morning coffee. I open up the laptop and check news in sports, local, world, etc. I then get dressed and walk the dog. Don't want her having any boo boo's in the house. Then I need a trip to bathroom. If I go early like 7 I'm rushing things and have to take my coffee with me. Something about that rushing feeling tends to carry over to the course. I typically have a slow start when I play early. I'm more relaxed and can ease into it when I start later.

I typically play early mornings or late afternoons, depending on the day. I like and dislike both. Early mornings are great because usually the course isn't full of golfers but there usually quite a bit of the maintenance crew out doing there thing.

Late afternoons I'm usually out with my kids, my wife or a buddy and I like being able to do that. There are a lot more people to deal with then but it's still enjoyable, just in a different way.

I do go early mornings on the weekends. Have a few buddies that go out then as well and can still do stuff with the family the rest of the day.

I'm in New England, whatever heat/humidity here isn't really an issue (for me). I much prefer golf anytime after 9 am. I've done a lot of physical work over my lifetime and i just feel way better once i've had some time to get going and loosen up.

Also - getting up to be on-course before 9am seems like a job. I've had one of those for 40+ years, and counting.... I don't need to feel like that on my day off... :ROFLMAO:

In the middle of the summer I prefer earlier tee times as it's a bit cooler.

8am is my preferred tee time, but I love a nice 5pm twilight round as well.
Same here. Nothing like a twilight round every now and then.

Same here. Nothing like a twilight round every now and then.

Yup. In fact I’m walking one tomorrow. Can’t wait.

Yup. In fact I’m walking one tomorrow. Can’t wait.
Sounds nice to walk the course then. But I don't walk. Lol. Cart is mandatory. :D

I'm late to the party. I prefer mid morning. 10-11:30 or so. Does a round take away from doing stuff the rest of the day? Pfft. It's still going to be there anyway. I'll get to it when I get to it.:ROFLMAO:

Late morning. 10:30 or 11:00 is the sweet spot. I get to sleep in and be home at a reasonable hour.

Give me the late afternoon rounds. The morning rush is over, and the weather is better in the afternoons.

I don't even mind playing in the afternoon summer heat. They say 113*f at 3pm today. I will be playing. ;)

Back