Templeton's THP Top 5 2022 Moments

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
HA! That is almost an alliteration!

Anyway, I have thought about and it was a fun year on the forum for me. There are some definite highlights and I both wanted to have a little fun and thank the forum at the same time. So here are my top 5. It is honestly pretty hard to narrow it down

5. #cadmonster - This was the beginning of the top 10s for a bit. I personally found it incredibly funny. I hope the cadmonster never dies!
4. Gear - There was awesome gear put out this year. It was fun to read, discuss, disagree, and see everyone individual results. Much of what was said here by the THP staff and all of you help form some decisions for my personal game in what I tried and what I did.
3. The Majors - These were so freaking fun this year. The Majors were great! They were a lot of fun and the live threads, especially for the Masters and the Open were so awesome. it was fun teasing @JDax about Rory almost winning all of them and I am sure he is glad he didnt win any of them. But they were fun and I am looking forward to them again next year.
2. The forum members - My wife mocks me all the time. She will see me looking at my phone and ask. "what are your internet friends up to?" But it is a somewhat sad reality that some of the people I enjoy interacting with most on a day to day basis are here and I have never met them. Lots of awesome member moments through out the year.
1. The Grandaddy - How could this not be number 1. It was an amazing week. With an amazing company. With awesome THP'rs. There is a 850 page and counting thread on it if you want to check it out. ;)

It has been an awesome 2022. See you next year!

Last edited:
I still have no idea what a cadmonster is and it makes me sad. 😕 I see it all over the place and never get to laugh at the ‘joke’. :ROFLMAO:

1. The :titleist: experience (I am very biased here)
2. The Grandaddy
3. @PKorf member guest w/ special guest @Wildcat4life... thread was absolutely epic and the way THP came together to make it happen is special. Really should be #1
4. Secret Santa gift exchange
5. Majors threads... they were so fun to participate in

My wife also asks what my "internet friends" are up to! 🤣

I still have no idea what a cadmonster is and it makes me sad. 😕 I see it all over the place and never get to laugh at the ‘joke’. :ROFLMAO:
Gotta catch up on those WGP episodes.

I feel like a t shirt is needed. I would totally sport a shirt that simply said #cadmonster.. I would love to have people ask "what is that"..

It’s true. I think there are two or three left in the queue.

I hate getting busted like this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It’s true. I think there are two or three left in the queue.

I hate getting busted like this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tell me you dont worst golf podcast without telling me you dont worst golf podcast. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Many outstanding highlights on THP but one clearly stands out from all others for me:

The @HarlettoScara comes to America Tour and the 2022 Morgan Cup. Rob and I were selected for Team Hackers in 2020. However, because of travel quarantine issues for me and an outright travel ban for him, neither of us were able to make it to Vegas for the 2020 Morgan Cup. Needless to say, I was so happy that he was able to come and be a part of Team Hackers in 2022. And his journey from Aberdeen to Mississippi and points in between was beyond epic. It was legendary. I'm glad that I was able to follow along with many others on the forum.

1. Titleist Experience- Gonna be pretty bias here. It was a blast.
2. Grandaddy- That thread has been wild. That thread rolled passed 20K and still going strong. The content, stories, etc are just awesome.
3. Secret Santa- Pretty sure it was a new record as far as participation. Lots of fantastic gifts and ideas.
4. Equipment- So much great equipment and so easy to stay informed on all of it between events, testers, reviews, etc
5. The THP community- I love this forum. It’s always positive and upbeat. We have our moments of heat and what not but overall it is always very pleasant and you can tell how much people care about each other whether you are an occasional poster or a frequent one. Whether you are well connected playing with other posters every week or haven’t known them at all except on this forum.

Tell me you dont worst golf podcast without telling me you dont worst golf podcast. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I blame the IT department and their insistence on meetings during the live air. Caught a lot of them but have a fair amount still unplayed

I blame the IT department and their insistence on meetings during the live air. Caught a lot of them but have a fair amount still unplayed

Just busting your chops. lol

I don't think I've missed any. Do you know which one talked about this?

I heard the episode, I still have no idea what thread it was in

I believe it was “TOP 10 REASONS IRON HEAD SIZES ARE TOO LARGE” if memory serves me correct.

There was a run of top ten reason why threads and CAD was brought up in one of them for ruining golf equipment. I am trying to find the thread.

There was a run of top ten reason why threads and CAD was brought up in one of them for ruining golf equipment. I am trying to find the thread.
I had a gut feeling that user was the cadmonster, also explains why I never saw the thread

Last edited:
Many outstanding highlights on THP but one clearly stands out from all others for me:

The @HarlettoScara comes to America Tour and the 2022 Morgan Cup. Rob and I were selected for Team Hackers in 2020. However, because of travel quarantine issues for me and an outright travel ban for him, neither of us were able to make it to Vegas for the 2020 Morgan Cup. Needless to say, I was so happy that he was able to come and be a part of Team Hackers in 2022. And his journey from Aberdeen to Mississippi and points in between was beyond epic. It was legendary. I'm glad that I was able to follow along with many others on the forum.
The Trip to a Dairy Queen by order of The Captain added something.

Back