Terrible Central NJ Golfer

Welcome to THP. Where in Jersey are you from?
Right outside Trenton, though I go golf all around the state (and beyond) when I can. Fav courses in the state include:

Architects
Harkers Hollow
Lakewood CC (But not the staff)
Twisted Dune
Francis A Byrne
Rock Spring
Weequahic
SunEagles (RIP)

Welcome

Right outside Trenton, though I go golf all around the state (and beyond) when I can. Fav courses in the state include:

Architects
Harkers Hollow
Twisted Dune
Francis A Byrne
Rock Spring
Weequahic
SunEagles (RIP)

I've got to try a few more of those, have only done Lakewood, suneagles, and twisted of those. Have you played eagle ridge? it's 5 min for Lakewood cc but a really good course and the links 9 is the best part of it

I also liked mercer oaks west (the links one, might be east I can't remember )

I've got to try a few more of those, have only done Lakewood, suneagles, and twisted of those. Have you played eagle ridge? it's 5 min for Lakewood cc but a really good course and the links 9 is the best part of it

I also liked mercer oaks west (the links one, might be east I can't remember )
My wife took lessons at Eagle Ridge, but I've never played it. I'll have to get out there next year.

You're thinking of Oaks East. It's alright to me. The front is way more fun than the back on that course, but Mercer County staff are awful across the board. I don't even bother with my county courses anymore because of them. Though Hopewell Valley, which Mercer just bought a year or two ago, is the best of the lot. It's an old parkland style CC course, but it has some great architectural bones.

:welcome:

Welcome, fellow Jersey member.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Architects
Harkers Hollow
Twisted Dune
Francis A Byrne
Rock Spring
Weequahic
SunEagles (RIP)
I'm in the Princeton Junction/West Windsor area.

My wife took lessons at Eagle Ridge, but I've never played it. I'll have to get out there next year.

You're thinking of Oaks East. It's alright to me. The front is way more fun than the back on that course, but Mercer County staff are awful across the board. I don't even bother with my county courses anymore because of them. Though Hopewell Valley, which Mercer just bought a year or two ago, is the best of the lot. It's an old parkland style CC course, but it has some great architectural bones.
I also live in Mercer County. I agree with you that Hopewell Valley is my favorite of the county courses.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP! Central NJ man myself - just played 18 on Mercer Oaks East a few hours ago! Agree with others that Hopewell is very fun, although I like Mercer Oaks East because it's links-style makes my horrible driving skills easier to stomach :).

Welcome to THP.

Look @Sarzar , another Central Jersey person.

Welcome to THP! — I'm also in the mid 20s handicap wise! welcome!

Welcome to THP.
We'll have to try to get a round in next season.

Welcome. A 25 handicap isn’t that bad

Back