Terrible Central NJ Golfer

RRuszczyk

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Robert,

Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if you're my Secret Santa. I know I don't have much of a posting history to go on. I'm a refugee from reddit, where my username was /u/squirrelboy and I was very active on the golf subreddit within the last two years.

I've been playing golf for about 2 years, with some lessons. Play off of around a 25 handicap, but that's mostly putting/short game issues. I'm completely obsessed, with architecture being my way in to the game. I'm a fan of the McDonald/Banks/Raynor school of design, though I belong to a Ross club, Lulu CC in Glenside, PA.

I have two sets of clubs, a primary cart set consisting of a ping driver, Wilson D9 3 & 5W, Mavrik 3H, Mavrik 5-PW, and Scor 47*/52*/56* wedges with a Wilson Infinite Bean putter in a Sun Mountain C130 bag. I don't love this set, but it's mostly what I was fit for. I'd love to go to something with less of a topline, but that's down the road.

My walking set is a thrifted set for the most part. An old Burton bag (do they even make golf gear anymore?) holds a PXG 0211 driver, two old 3 & 5W, a Cobra Baffler 4H, Ping Eye 2 3-9 red dots, then an assortment of wedges to get the right distances.

I play TP5x pix and KSig v3 balls. I've found I need to get my grips redone, as I want the +4 wrap on them.

My biggest wish is to play bogey golf consistently. I have way too many double and triple bogeys to improve, though staying in bounds is a close second.

Last edited:
Welcome to becoming active on THP! I love Lulu CC and the redesigned clubhouse!

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum.

Hi, I'm Robert,

Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if you're my Secret Santa. I know I don't have much of a posting history to go on. I'm a refugee from reddit, where my username was /u/squirrelboy and I was very active on the golf subreddit within the last two years.

I've been playing golf for about 2 years, with some lessons. Play off of around a 25 handicap, but that's mostly putting/short game issues. I'm completely obsessed, with architecture being my way in to the game. I'm a fan of the McDonald/Banks/Raynor school of design, though I belong to a Ross club, Lulu CC in Glenside, PA.

I have two sets of clubs, a primary cart set consisting of a ping driver, Wilson D9 3 & 5W, Mavrik 3H, Mavrik 5-PW, and Scor 47*/52*/56* wedges with a Wilson Infinite Bean putter in a Sun Mountain C130 bag. I don't love this set, but it's mostly what I was fit for. I'd love to go to something with less of a topline, but that's down the road.

My walking set is a thrifted set for the most part. An old Burton bag (do they even make golf gear anymore?) holds a PXG 0211 driver, two old 3 & 5W, a Cobra Baffler 4H, Ping Eye 2 3-9, then an assortment of wedges to get the right distances.

I play TP5x pix and KSig v3 balls. I've found I need to get my grips redone, as I want the +4 wrap on them.

My biggest wish is to play bogey golf consistently. I have way too many double and triple bogeys to improve, though staying in bounds is a close second.
I use to play LuLu a lot. Had a good bud who was a member there. Enjoy THP

Welcome to THP! I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to becoming active on THP! I love Lulu CC and the redesigned clubhouse!
It's beautiful. I've only been a member for about a year, but I've heard it's a big upgrade.

I use to play LuLu a lot. Had a good bud who was a member there. Enjoy THP
They're doing great renovations. Let me know if you want to come out in the spring and see the new bunkers and expanded fairways.

Welcome to THP.

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP, enjoy the community here!

Welcome to THP!

They're doing great renovations. Let me know if you want to come out in the spring and see the new bunkers and expanded fairways.
I may very well do that.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

~ a jersey shore golfer

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to thp

Back