TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

Still loving the 17 and plan on adding a 21 after Christmas. Replaced the 5W with the 17.

You all are making it hard to not grab the 17 to crank down and replace the 3wood…

Still loving the 17 and plan on adding a 21 after Christmas. Replaced the 5W with the 17.

Im kinda stuck with the 19 going within 5 yards of the Tour 5W. This could open a spot in the bag.

Im kinda stuck with the 19 going within 5 yards of the Tour 5W. This could open a spot in the bag.
I have a nice gap between big tour 3w and 17. The 21 I think will be money for me and replace 4i. I hit @Roadrunner 21 at the range and it was high and want I am looking for in flight.

I have a nice gap between big tour 3w and 17. The 21 I think will be money for me and replace 4i. I hit @Roadrunner 21 at the range and it was high and want I am looking for in flight.

I've always struggled with fairways unless its a tee shot. The 5 tour is a 240 from the tee and the 19 is 235. Off the deck I've always been better with hybrids. (Until the MC I carried a CLK2020 2H lofted at 14 degrees. Worm Burner at 250)

Starting to find a comfort zone with this thing after a few rounds. Love how it sets up so square at address. Feels like I’m barely swinging with this thing and firing absolute 🚀🚀🚀.

Hit 3 shots during my simulator round today with my 17° King Tec

Man, it feels so solid! I really think I'm going to get along very well with this club!

40429649-1773-4C92-81E2-19BC18CA7647.jpeg

The we

Man, it feels so solid! I really think I'm going to get along very well with this club!

View attachment 9052433
The weights when moved effect this club more than any adjustable club I’ve ever hit.

Had the 17* for a bit, but preferred the Super Hybrid to this. Found the Super Hybrid to be quite a bit longer. Might have been the slightly longer shaft though.

The KingTec is fitting nicely in the bag for me. I am using it for lay up shots on par 5s and a few tee shots here and there. The ball flight is so good with this club.

Man, all your all's talk of the 17 is making it hard to not add one to take the place of the 3w on some days

Would you look to replace your three wood or adjust elsewhere in the bag?

I’m going to play mine at 17.5 and take the 5 wood out of the bag to play a second putter or add a wedge.

I’m going to play mine at 17.5 and take the 5 wood out of the bag to play a second putter or add a wedge.
I think you should rock the second putter. Dare to be different!

Would you look to replace your three wood or adjust elsewhere in the bag?

I'm replacing the 3w and 19° hybrid with this 17° King Tec ;)

I'm replacing the 3w and 19° hybrid with this 17° King Tec ;)
I don’t encounter to many 240 yard approach shots or greater so it’s pointless to think I’m hitting target from that distance anyways

I was hitting this in the simulator and was just firing absolute bullets. I love the high flight of my 5w, but it could well be in danger of replacement with another of these.

Well that then begs the question of what additional club with the 2 for 1 switch 🧐

haha, I'm good with my RadSpeed XB and this 17° hybrid, so will go with 13 clubs like I have for several years.

I'm old and simple 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Under rated and just not talked about enough. Long and solid. Look great and are as workable as any club that I have ever owned.

I lots of opportunities to use this club the last few rounds. I really like the results i am getting. Super solid club to have in the bag. Very easy to launch and inspires confidence when using it.

Serious ponder going on.

Serious ponder going on.
I had a 2 hybrid ponder for a long time. I finally caved. I really excited to see it in action alongside the 3H.

The 3H is likely going to make it easy to move from the 5W to a 3 wood. Not much difference in distance

Back