Thank goodness I'm taking lessons again

xcman04

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Title pretty much says it all. I started taking lessons regularly to start the season, saw some real progress, then life got in the way and my game was OK...for awhile. Now, however, my 2nd shot woes have come right back. Hit the ball 90 degrees to the left? Check. Hit behind the ball all the time? Check. Hit the ball on the hosel? Check. Top my shots? Check. Thankfully, my prior lessons have really improved my driving and my chipping, and those aspects of game just continue to get better, so if/when I ever figure out how to use irons, I might actually be able to somewhat consistently play decent golf. I was getting away with hitting half shots with my hybrids to make up for my inability to hit a full shot with my shorter irons, but its catching up to me real quick now and I know I can't improve doing that.

Anyway, just wanted to express my happiness at taking lessons again. Looking forward to making even more progress!

keep at it! golf is fun, but playing good golf is funner :)

Title pretty much says it all. I started taking lessons regularly to start the season, saw some real progress, then life got in the way and my game was OK...for awhile. Now, however, my 2nd shot woes have come right back. Hit the ball 90 degrees to the left? Check. Hit behind the ball all the time? Check. Hit the ball on the hosel? Check. Top my shots? Check. Thankfully, my prior lessons have really improved my driving and my chipping, and those aspects of game just continue to get better, so if/when I ever figure out how to use irons, I might actually be able to somewhat consistently play decent golf. I was getting away with hitting half shots with my hybrids to make up for my inability to hit a full shot with my shorter irons, but its catching up to me real quick now and I know I can't improve doing that.

Anyway, just wanted to express my happiness at taking lessons again. Looking forward to making even more progress!

I love my lessons. It's so easy for something to go wrong even by a small amount and to have the instructor there to correct it.

Lesson went really well! Went over all the things I was doing wrong and my instructor wants me to start working on my club path to the ball, so we worked on some drills to keep me from swinging from the outside-in. Also need to work on keeping my balance, which has always been my #1 problem. Saw lots of great results after the lesson, and can’t wait to hit the range again soon!

I too started lessons this year and am so glad I had. Actually golfed for just over 20 years pretty hard and heavy. Then, hung it up for 20 and back at it last year. Definitely renewed my passion for the sport and it’s exciting to be able to see that I have for the most part eliminated my slice but have a fairly reliable ability to hit a draw now. I have a crazy work schedule but probably have about 8 lessons in since June. Haven’t got to the driver yet, so I’m hoping to straighten the flight path out of my last holdout cloud.

Back