The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

There is this one video with a rubber snake though :alien:
I guess that video can serve as the official gauntlet recap video!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to share this pic with you all!

ffca6490fe377dea83620ec3af3c7a2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! If I had seen that snake on 18 like you, I would have done the same!

I wanna know how it ends...

The best who dunnit of the year!

Best Pic of the Week!

By the way, wiping with Jumping Chollas are not a good idea.

Alright everyone, now that I've had some time to digest the past week I wanted to toss up some thoughts. First of all, I cannot believe that I was a part of the Gauntlet Champions! Team Rookie was a formidable team top to bottom. We had Mr. Hicksta tossing Gifs like a boss and using his GAINZ to nuke balls into orbit in his spare time - Steven was slinging balls all over the course at will - and then GregDan "Long and Straight" DanGreg who played great golf tee to green. I'm not sure there will ever be another Team Rookie like this one and I'm just happy to have been on it when the stars aligned (Heck - there might not be another Team Rookie, Steven is hardly a rookie now that he is the Champ!)

THP, JB, GG, and Callaway - thank you so much. I had such an outstanding experience and it was top notch from start to finish. So many great memories were had and it is greatly appreciated. I look forward to teeing it up with you all again in the future. To all the other competitors - it was great to finally meet you all and I had a blast playing with you all. I'd like to think that I came away with several friends and I look forward to teeing it up with you all when I come to town. To those that followed along, I hope you had half as much fun as I did competing (and those who picked Team Rookie, good luck!)

Going into this event I was not playing the best golf of my life so I focused on 160 and in. I just prayed that some sort of tee game would show up (spoiler - it didn't) and we could compete. Little did I know that I would get to play with an absolute sniper off the tee and our games and personalities would click so well. Dan was rock solid from the tee box all weekend and it was the pilot light for each hole that we eventually set ablaze. I had some memorable shots but most would never have happened without Dan's coaching or tee shot (or both in some cases) so I'm just really thrilled that we got to tear it up and play old man golf. (4-0!!!!!)

Well, I think that's about all for me right now - I'll try to come up with a more comprehensive recap at some point. Still in awe of being a Champion and having that amazing HOF tag! Josh and Dan, enjoy the bragging rights. Steven, enjoy the reign in the office - you are the only undefeated Zoo Crew member in the Gauntlet. Thanks everyone!

#TeamRookie #GauntletChamps! #4-0 #MakeGolfFunAgain #FexExBreakingTheTrophyJustGivesMeMoreToLove

Oh and #1000thPost. I couldn't imagine a better post to set the milestone on.

Alright everyone, now that I've had some time to digest the past week I wanted to toss up some thoughts. First of all, I cannot believe that I was a part of the Gauntlet Champions! Team Rookie was a formidable team top to bottom. We had Mr. Hicksta tossing Gifs like a boss and using his GAINZ to nuke balls into orbit in his spare time - Steven was slinging balls all over the course at will - and then GregDan "Long and Straight" DanGreg who played great golf tee to green. I'm not sure there will ever be another Team Rookie like this one and I'm just happy to have been on it when the stars aligned (Heck - there might not be another Team Rookie, Steven is hardly a rookie now that he is the Champ!)

THP, JB, GG, and Callaway - thank you so much. I had such an outstanding experience and it was top notch from start to finish. So many great memories were had and it is greatly appreciated. I look forward to teeing it up with you all again in the future. To all the other competitors - it was great to finally meet you all and I had a blast playing with you all. I'd like to think that I came away with several friends and I look forward to teeing it up with you all when I come to town. To those that followed along, I hope you had half as much fun as I did competing (and those who picked Team Rookie, good luck!)

Going into this event I was not playing the best golf of my life so I focused on 160 and in. I just prayed that some sort of tee game would show up (spoiler - it didn't) and we could compete. Little did I know that I would get to play with an absolute sniper off the tee and our games and personalities would click so well. Dan was rock solid from the tee box all weekend and it was the pilot light for each hole that we eventually set ablaze. I had some memorable shots but most would never have happened without Dan's coaching or tee shot (or both in some cases) so I'm just really thrilled that we got to tear it up and play old man golf. (4-0!!!!!)

Well, I think that's about all for me right now - I'll try to come up with a more comprehensive recap at some point. Still in awe of being a Champion and having that amazing HOF tag! Josh and Dan, enjoy the bragging rights. Steven, enjoy the reign in the office - you are the only undefeated Zoo Crew member in the Gauntlet. Thanks everyone!

#TeamRookie #GauntletChamps! #4-0 #MakeGolfFunAgain #FexExBreakingTheTrophyJustGivesMeMoreToLove

Pure poetry my brotha!

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Last edited:

Drove by Frisco Lakes today. Looking forward to when you make it out here and we can get out!

You are too kind my friend. You played out of your mind golf that weekend. It was so much fun to watch. People couldn't handle #Teamrookie #TeamRamRod

But it was a total team effort and we all won that together. Couldn't have asked for a better partner all weekend. Still am going to get a round in with Mr. Hicksta and Steven at some point though.

Enjoy it Mr. HOF. And let's relish this win for the next year!

The jumping cholla are still sticking me!!!
cf504c3a74686b8bcb0e534b115aa868.jpg

So I just played my first round after the gauntlet. The greens at Wekopa and Desert Forest were running so good that I got used to those ones and I couldn't get used to how slow the greens were back at home.
6 3-jacks and a 4 putt.....ugh. :banghead:

And of course, as soon as I come back to Edmonton, my ball striking comes back. Could've used that at the Gauntlet!

Hello THP and Gauntlet participants. As you know I had an abrupt departure from the event several weeks ago. The last few weeks have been challenging but also not a time to hang ones head. During the previous 2 days I had a great time getting to know many of you and was looking forward to the event.

Life has a way of throwing us curve balls and a cold dose of reality hit our home that needed my immediate attention if not my shoulder. I've lived a charmed life in many ways but you are always waiting for something to strike when things are good. I've shared the 30,000 foot details with several of you and hope you can appreciate that I'm not looking to delve into the matter beyond saying I'm sorry for an abrupt and unexplained exit. You obviously had a great time and my spot was more then adequately filled so ultimately this is just a forgotten footnote.

Thank You

Noline hope all is settled now, but want you know what a great and enjoyable round I had the day before the event with you and will

Back