The 2018 Grandaddy Assistant Captain

Wasn't there one named from the last team as well? It'sOpeningDay IIRC.
Correct and damn proud of it too.. win or lose. Went in at my lowest achieved handicap and played it too. Wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think its because we know there will be an Asst. Captain and we know where he will come from. The Grandaddy Alumni is a small group and we don't know who the Captain will be or how he will be selected, heck we don't know anything else about The Grandaddy other than it will be in December and it will be amazing.

This. This has a defined group of potential participants. The other has soooo many possibilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I'm sure when this honor is bestowed, whoever this damn lucky individual is will get that thread moving big time

I have come to a realization over the past few weeks regarding this Grandaddy Assistant Captain opportunity for all the alumni...

I wanted to come back so bad and be a part of this amazing event and it didn't matter in what capacity. I couldn't wait to throw my hat in the ring for the job.

Then I thought if I was selected I would just be part of someone else's Grandaddy journey. While that seemed completely fine for me at the time I knew that when I was at the Hideaway, at Al's, at Callaway etc I would look around and say damn, I wish I was here with Team Prestige. I wish I was eating breakfast sandwiches in the morning talking with Cobra about how wild the Nest was last night. I wish I was riding around with Jlew, talking about that opening round birdie he drained. I just kept thinking, man I wish they were here.

My Grandaddy memories will be contained to December 2017. While I absolutely would love to participate again in the event I feel that the it is THE EVENT that everyone should be able to experience and create their own memories. I will be participating in all of the contests because each one is a blast but in no way do I expect to be selected and I am not sure how I would feel going again if that came to be.

The assistant captains nod is a phenomenal gesture and no one should take it for granted. All in all... I wouldn't be a good fit for the assistant captains job simply because while I am there I wouldn't be focusing on the task at hand. I would just be remembering the good old times with Team Prestige. You may think I am crazy to pass up an opportunity to visit the Hideaway again but I think I will be alright. That's just me.

I have come to a realization over the past few weeks regarding this Grandaddy Assistant Captain opportunity for all the alumni...

I wanted to come back so bad and be a part of this amazing event and it didn't matter in what capacity. I couldn't wait to throw my hat in the ring for the job.

Then I thought if I was selected I would just be part of someone else's Grandaddy journey. While that seemed completely fine for me at the time I knew that when I was at the Hideaway, at Al's, at Callaway etc I would look around and say damn, I wish I was here with Team Prestige. I wish I was eating breakfast sandwiches in the morning talking with Cobra about how wild the Nest was last night. I wish I was riding around with Jlew, talking about that opening round birdie he drained. I just kept thinking, man I wish they were here.

My Grandaddy memories will be contained to December 2017. While I absolutely would love to participate again in the event I feel that the it is THE EVENT that everyone should be able to experience and create their own memories. I will be participating in all of the contests because each one is a blast but in no way do I expect to be selected and I am not sure how I would feel going again if that came to be.

The assistant captains nod is a phenomenal gesture and no one should take it for granted. All in all... I wouldn't be a good fit for the assistant captains job simply because while I am there I wouldn't be focusing on the task at hand. I would just be remembering the good old times with Team Prestige. You may think I am crazy to pass up an opportunity to visit the Hideaway again but I think I will be alright. That's just me.

I can completely understand that, especially because you are still riding that high. It was just two months ago!

As time passes (IMO) you will miss it more and the thought of being a part of another amazing team of THPers has a definite draw. If I was named Assistant Captain I would be doing it in honor of my team of Basement Dwellers. My focus would be to make sure the current team had the most amazing experience of their lives. I think participating in a different capacity, whether that be hype man, answer man or juice box boy, sounds like a blast. To help lead a team of THPers at the Hideaway and share that stoke again, yep, sign me up!

I can completely understand that, especially because you are still riding that high. It was just two months ago!

As time passes (IMO) you will miss it more and the thought of being a part of another amazing team of THPers has a definite draw. If I was named Assistant Captain I would be doing it in honor of my team of Basement Dwellers. My focus would be to make sure the current team had the most amazing experience of their lives. I think participating in a different capacity, whether that be hype man, answer man or juice box boy, sounds like a blast. To help lead a team of THPers at the Hideaway and share that stoke again, yep, sign me up!

This is where I’m at. I rode the wave of the team experience for a long time and wouldn’t want it any other way...nothing can compare to my time with those guys, our experience, our win and the high that was. That said, I’ve been away from it long enough I think about going back all the time...and think I could help a new team and lend my own experience. Going back would just be the cherry on top of the already ridiculous cake.

This is where I’m at. I rode the wave of the team experience for a long time and wouldn’t want it any other way...nothing can compare to my time with those guys, our experience, our win and the high that was. That said, I’ve been away from it long enough I think about going back all the time...and think I could help a new team and lend my own experience. Going back would just be the cherry on top of the already ridiculous cake.

Yup, could just be the too soon for me to go back feels. This is why I wouldn't want to take the opportunity away from you guys. You are at that point where you definitely want to go back in any capacity... so me throwing my hat in the ring would simply be wrong. Hey better odds for you guys.

Yup, could just be the too soon for me to go back feels. This is why I wouldn't want to take the opportunity away from you guys. You are at that point where you definitely want to go back in any capacity... so me throwing my hat in the ring would simply be wrong. Hey better odds for you guys.

You know I felt the same way for the first year after our Grandaddy. It had such an impact on me I was perfectly content participating from afar and watching everyone else’s journey. The pull for me to want to go back gets stronger as each day passes, even if the chances are slim.

Bump because I know you are all thinking/dreaming of this on an awesome Saturday!

Back