The 2020 “Season” - What Wedges?

Vokey SM8's will be in play because i am going to the Titleist Vokey Experience! Looking forward to getting these in play

I went with the PXG 0211 set wedges. Liking them so far.

Old faithful PM grind 2.0 in the 54 and 58 for me. 58 because it’s 95 percent my free side bunker club and money. 54 because I also use it out of the free side bunkers sometimes, and it also works well for the short chips around the green and out of the rough that I use it for.

Sticking with my wedge set up from last year.
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 bent to 48
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 bent to 53
TMade HiToe 60

I just got them last year and they are awesome for me. I had the best wedge year of my life, hitting it to kick in birdie range more than I ever have.
I kind of still can't believe how much I like the glide 3.0s. Didn't expect it at all. More people need to get them in their hands.

I kind of still can't believe how much I like the glide 3.0s. Didn't expect it at all. More people need to get them in their hands.

The Ping Wedges are good.

I currently have the Cobra MIM 54 & 58 wedges in the bag. I plan to experiment with some more bladed, weaker lofted irons and have some Orka RS10 wedges which will be put into play

MD4 52
MD Forged 56
MD5 JAWS 60

I would love to get another JAWS but since I just got one of those, I will wait until next season to get one or two new MD wedges and then be on a two season schedule with them. Currently I'm on my third season with the 56 and I notice a little less zip with that club but nothing that really requires a new wedge quite yet. I'm really happy with my set up also so no need to change it up right now. Once I upgrade the 52 and 56 though I will be putting graphite in there and will have a full graphite bag!

I am starting to fall for both Exotics and Srixon/Cleveland. I am ok to wait and see what it next for both in wedges. TE is really only missing a great wedge from being a scary company.

I was going to buy an Indi non-conforming 60* and watch my shots spin/stop on the green but I saw a driver head for a really good deal I couldn't pass up. Looks like I'll be rocking the TaylorMade set AW, SW, and LW for another season.

MIM's because of the Morgan Cup, but these things look so darn good. Now I just need to get out and hit them.

mim.jpg

@MattyD-MPLS

What shafts are you guys using in the Ping wedges?
An excuse to update my sig, so thanks for that.

I'm using black KBS Tour X in mine right now to keep weight consistent and because they match my irons. The lack of feel doesn't bother me as much as some. They came with Modus Tour120S and played great with those. If I keep them long term I'll soft step a couple kbs tours like in my main wedges or find a couple extra black DG amt white wedge shafts somewhere that match this iron set.

I currently have the Black Onyx DG Tour Issue s400 Shafts in my 50 54.

They are mean looking!
Black glide showdown. I'm ready!

Edit: sh*t, those are mean. I didn't know the were black on black on black.

Pretty glide showdown then!

Last edited:
I’m going to keep the SM7s I got last year.

Jaws MD5 in 54° and 58°. Although I'm hard pondering replacing the 58° with a PM Grind.

Was planning on CBX 2 54/58 but went back to Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth. They do everything I want, feel great and just look good to my eye.

That being said just put an order in today for PXG 0211 SW & LW to try out as I switched to PXG 0211 5-GW from a set of Ping G700.

Picked up a set of Ben Hogan Equalizer’s so they will be in the bag. Hit a few shots last November at a THP event & fell in love with the feel & looks!

I had ordered some outlet condition MD4s from CPO but UPS lost them and have been unhelpful.

I may look into JAWS or SM8, not sure which way I will go yet.

Ping Glide 3.0 is my newest and if I replace another it will be with the same wedge. It is easy to hit, generates a plenty doing, is very versatile, and forgiving without looking huge and bulky.

apex 19 AW will continue in that spot but ...

54 will soon be JAWS with Recoil 125 and ...

58 PM will change to tour grey version with Recoil 125.

Mostly looking forward to finally trying those Recoils in wedges since I never have

Was planning on CBX 2 54/58 but went back to Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth. They do everything I want, feel great and just look good to my eye.

That being said just put an order in today for PXG 0211 SW & LW to try out as I switched to PXG 0211 5-GW from a set of Ping G700.
Can you provide a comparison of these two irons pros and cons? These are the two I’ve narrowed my search to...

Sticking with the trusty Engages for another season. Just love these things.

Back