EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

For those Hackers and Paradisians who aren't on vacation right now, how is your work productivity? About every 15-20 minutes I find myself thinking about getting to the airport, meeting everyone, and imagining the dinner and playing the matches. Then I start reading the threads again and its another 20-30 minutes before I'm back to work. I should've cut off the office internet! My will power is non-existent!

For those Hackers and Paradisians who aren't on vacation right now, how is your work productivity? About every 15-20 minutes I find myself thinking about getting to the airport, meeting everyone, and imagining the dinner and playing the matches. Then I start reading the threads again and its another 20-30 minutes before I'm back to work. I should've cut off the office internet! My will power is non-existent!
Right there with you with my lack of attention to work right now. Productivity is way down for me in the same way it was when selection occurred back in January.

One part of my attempted focus on a big project at work, but every spare second is on The Morgan Cup! Started packing and cleaning clubs this afternoon when I took a break away from the screens, and getting nervous about what I am going to forget. There is always something. :ROFLMAO:

So excited to get on that plane on Thursday morning and head out of what has become the day to day working at home the last 7 months.

PXL_20201002_175705037.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

Why is this weekend taking so long???!!!!!!!!!!!!!......!!!!!?!!???!!!!!!!!!

This is actually my first event since I joined THP watching a event unfold.
Reading all the post the excitement is real and growing,even for spectators.
Really can't imagine the participants excitement at the moment.
Super cool stuff Can't wait for matches to start.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Still in a bit of disbelief, boarding my flight late Wednesday. I'd assume it gets pretty real by then.

strap in! It’s going to be a wild ride.

I can’t check out of work, so things have been normal so far. I am ready for Thursday to get here and be in Vegas though!

Try and live post well for you guys!

What kind of driver do you play now?

The excitement for me is off the chart. I get on a plane at 4:45 Wednesday and can barely wait. 7:20-5:10 today was slow. Tomorrow will be even slower. But then it gets real! Time to get this show on the road!

I’m beyond jealous of all of the players for this. I’m enjoying my last few days as a champion but I’d be lying if I said anything other than I would kill to defend. You all are in for the time of your life and are likely to make life long friends. Heck, I’m still talking to my Hackers buddies regularly about golf, jobs, life, and everything in between

The excitement for me is off the chart. I get on a plane at 4:45 Wednesday and can barely wait. 7:20-5:10 today was slow. Tomorrow will be even slower. But then it gets real! Time to get this show on the road!
You will be teeing it off soon enough, But I agree tommorrow would be super long for me as well. I would be up all night as well.

Maverick Max.

Did you pick the winner of the Cup to get in the contest for a new Cobra Speedzone driver?

Did you pick the winner of the Cup to get in the contest for a new Cobra Speedzone driver?
No. He picked team hackers

In honor of Morgan Cup week, I have a Cobra Speedzone Xtreme Driver headed my way!! Couldnt resist upgrading my old F6+...finally! You guys are the real reason though, with all your love of Cobra :p

I hear ya... between the Padres teeing it up against the not-so-loved Dodgers tomorrow, still basking in the Cyclones win over the Sooners, dreaming of what will be a glorious weekend... I am having a little trouble focusing!

It is officially Morgan Cup week. This is going to get a bit long winded, but I hope participants take the time to read through it.

2020 has been nothing if not odd. An event that was set for earlier in the year was pushed. We lost some fantastic THPers due to a myriad of reasons and some have joined the fray late. We have veterans and first timers all ready to make the journey to Las Vegas for a weekend unlike any other. You have created a bond through your team chats, all leading to this week and it is here.

Take a step back for a moment, maybe before your time on THP. Just a golfer and someone said "Hey guess what, here is a full bag of clubs, you are headed to Vegas to play golf with the people that designed them and in a Match Play event and skill level doesnt matter". Think about that sentence for a second. A lot of crazy things happen on this website, but this one, started as a goal. Something that couldn't be done and turned into an annual event with two friends of mine competing alongside each of you. It happened because of it's namesake. The drive she created and the bonds she helped foster. It happened for the people here, not for us.

The two captains in @jdtox and @OITW know on a personal level what this experience means to me. They also know what this place means to me. While there will be glory, smiles, laughter and even some disappointment, remember that last paragraph and take a step back and think about what is going on. Its not about thanks or anything, it's about creating bonds around the equipment and this game that brought us all together in the first place. About a brand that saw what it was about and wanted to be a part of it, and cherishes it as much as the people here.

Remember that without you, your thoughts on the equipment, participating in the live update thread, etc. It doesn't continue.

It is Morgan Cup week. It's time to unleash what you have been waiting for and enjoy what we have put together for everybody. We hope you enjoy the trip and all of the stuff that came and still comes with it.

Thanks everybody.

Well said @JB. This has been an interesting year to say the least. I was so sorry to lose 4 teammates, and you will be missed! Then, like a good coach or GM says... somebody has to step up, and stepped up the new guys have indeed. To see 14 guys so passionate about; the game, equipment, their teammates the competition, and the experience is humbling and truly gratifying. This is why I love the game and I love my job. I can hardly wait to see everyone in LV. Be good, safe travels and let the games begin!

In honor of Morgan Cup week, I have a Cobra Speedzone Xtreme Driver headed my way!! Couldnt resist upgrading my old F6+...finally! You guys are the real reason though, with all your love of Cobra :p
Yesss! Knew you'd break down sooner rather than later, you're gonna love that driver my man, what setup did you go for?

786DF3AF-C2DE-4E70-BDCC-9243DA7D0942.jpeg
it is really starting to set in. As I’m laying in bed (3am) I’m really starting to run through everything the MC has given me. It is absolutely wild. On top of that, making a list of things I have to get done at work because if I don’t, there is zero chance anything gets done these next two days. Jumping on a flight on Wednesday to arrive at 5! Clubs are all wrapped up and ready to go in the ol’ travel bag.

Those look so good, am very excited for you! Take it home for Hackers!

Back